Issues with Category feeds not scrolling down

Wow, really?! Yay for you :clap:

Did you go there straight from this page? And when you’ve previously navigated into a category, have you always gone from the homepage or tried from other pages too?

I went from this page, which is how I usually do it I think. Like I clicked the top right corner and clicked girls names, and it let me scroll from there. Maybe one of the things I changed like clearing cookies just started working?

I wish I knew!! But so pleased it’s working now for you. I really appreciate the time you’ve put into testing all this random stuff out for me, thanks again.

I wonder if @floatinthesky has had the same happen? :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I’m experiencing this issue as well. I have tried private browsing and put different browsers to the test and am getting the same problem.

Sorry to hear that @AriaL :frowning_face:

Have you tried clearing your cookies + cache, as above?

What happens if you refresh the page; does the feed start to work or no change?

Where are you located? (If you’re not comfortable revealing this publicly, that’s fine, you don’t have to, it just might help as we’ve had some reports that it might be location-specific. you can also PM me this info privately if you prefer).

Thank you for reporting.

@charlottenina and @dreapress I have moved your posts over here as they are related.

Are you both still seeing this issue?

If so, can you tell me:

1. Your device and browser (if desktop/laptop, does it work normally on mobile?)
  2. Your location (again, feel free to PM me or ignore this question if you’re not comfortable revealing that info publicly)
  3. Does the feed start to load normally if you refresh the page?
  4. Does entering private/incognito mode make any difference?
  5. Does clearing your cookies and cache make any difference?

Thank you!

I am NOT a fan of the new forums. There’s essentially no “next page” option. I click on the bar to scroll down and the numbers jump. I can’t get to the next page and when I reach the bottom of any page of any forum or search result, it doesn’t expand.

1 Like

@autumnreverie Sorry to hear you’re having this issue, it’s not how it should work. Most people aren’t having problems, but I’m working hard on troubleshooting for those who are.

[name_m]Can[/name_m] you please answer these questions from my post above?

Thank you and apologies for the inconvenience!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] [name_f]Katinka[/name_f].

I’ve found incognito mode to alleviate this issue, though in normal Firefox on my laptop I’m still not able to see more than one ‘page’ of results, even after refreshing the page and clearing my cookies and cache. I’m in the UK- Yorkshire, if that helps. Like I say, incognito mode is working okay so it’s no longer a huge issue, just a tad inconvenient! I’m finding my main issue now to be the constant stream of ‘502 bad gateway’ messages that are causing me to have to try several times to post, despite having a strong internet connection. I didn’t want to make a fuss and was hoping it was a temporary thing but it’s been happening for several days now :frowning:

Thank you for all of your hard work!

@charlottenina Please don’t worry about making a fuss! It’s important to us that we get all these issues sorted out.

I’m seeing the 502s at peak times too, and the tech side is aware it’s a problem.

Since incognito mode is working for you, do you have any extensions/add-ons running on your regular browser? Incognito mode disables those, which could be why it’s working. If yes, you could try disabling any add-ons/extensions and rebooting your browser to see if that solves it.

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] @katinka sorry for the absence, I haven’t had chance to test this on my laptop yet! (I’m on my mobile at the moment) I’ll have a go tomorrow and update you on the situation!

So a little update from me… The sidebar inside threads is now working all of the time - hooray! The infinite scroll within catagories still isn’t though :thinking: I tried refreshing the page, I deleted all my cache and cookies, still nothing… It does work on private mode though so if I want to see more posts I can just do that for now! Thank you for all your hard work trying to solve these teething problems! There’s always something with any new system :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@floatinthesky I’m really glad the scroll sidebar is working at least.

I’m still looking into this, you shouldn’t have to go incognito every time you want to see more topics! Does the problem persist if you refresh the page?

So weird that incognito works but disabling all extensions doesn’t :thinking:

I don’t have any extensions so I’m baffled (I double-checked to make sure I hadn’t installed any and not remembered haha but nope!), I guess I’m just unlucky. [name_f]Glad[/name_f] to know that the tech team are aware of the 502 issue. Using incognito mode isn’t too much bother so please don’t worry about it. Thank you for your continued hard work!

1 Like

I’m so sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you for being so understanding while we try and get all these little glitches straightened out! A few users who were affected have suddenly started having this work for them, so do keep trying (and I’ll keep my :crossed_fingers:)

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there. Since my infinite scrolling is not working on any pages, I can’t see any replies to this thread from the past 10 days. Has this issue been resolved?

@enthusiast

I last replied 6 days ago. Unfortunately, no, we’re still not sure what’s happening here :frowning:

It only seems to be a few users who are experiencing problems, with the majority able to load all pages fine, so our current best guess is that it’s something happening with individual ISPs, rather than a site script issue.

Have you tried all the recommendations above?

1. Try refreshing the page

2. Try a different browser

3. Try private/incognito mode. If this works, try disabling all add ons/extensions in your regular browser.

4. Fully clear your cookies and cache.

I’m so sorry you’re still struggling with this! Please let me know if any of the above points help.

Today this happened a few times to me too. Reloading the page helped sometimes but not always. I haven’t tried a different browser, but incognito mode and clearing cookies and cash didn’t solve it either.

Is it possible to add an option to show the category feeds (and the topic threads as well) as numbered pages instead of an endless scrolling feed? I prefer that in general and it may help people with this problem.

Good luck with fixing this issue and thank you for the effort you’re putting in this new forum!

As far as I know, this is not possible on this platform. I’m sorry about that :frowning: If we can get these teething issues sorted out, hopefully we will all get used to the new scrolling system.

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m], I’m having this issue also, and it’s VERY frustrating. Clearing cache and reloading doesn’t work, and it also happens in incognito mode and on Firefox. As far as locations go, I’m in [name_f]Argentina[/name_f]. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] there’s a solution even if it’s the minority of us that can’t see the site properly. I have to say infinite scrolling as an only option is a terrible decision.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that @Launchis :cry: I promise I’m still trying to get to the bottom of it.

Two tests for people who are still experiencing issues with infinite scroll

We really appreciate everyone’s help and patience with this!

Here are a couple of tests which will hopefully give us more information about this issue. If anyone experiencing the scrolling problem is willing to try these, it would be hugely appreciated!

1. Please check if you experience the same problem on this site:

If you click through to one of the categories there and scroll to the bottom, do more topics load for you, or do you experience the same issue as here on Nameberry?

2. Please check if you experience the problem if you follow this link:

https://forum.nameberry.com/?safe_mode=no_custom%2Cno_plugins%2Conly_official

This is “safe mode” – Nameberry forums with plugins disabled (to exit this, just close the window). If you click through to one of the categories there, do you still experience the problem?

Thanks so much for your continuing help!

Tagging others who may be able to test this for me too:

@Johannaa
@enthusiast
@floatinthesky
@charlottenina
@autumnreverie
@AriaL
@EvaThyssen
@dreapress
@jules95
@Kipperbo1 (I know yours resolved, but just in case!)