Issues with Category feeds not scrolling down

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] @katinka - I tried again logged out as well as logged in (I thought this was what you meant by private mode, I might be wrong?) and both the infinite scroll on catagories and the sidebar on threads still don’t work. I’m using Firefox desktop browser. However, I just tried on mobile and the infinite scroll DOES WORK! But the sidebar on threads still doesn’t. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps?!

@floatinthesky

Did you try Firefox “Private” mode? If you go to “File” at the top, then “[name_u]New[/name_u] Private Window” in the dropdown, and just have a quick look around the Forums (you don’t have to be logged in). [name_m]Can[/name_m] you tell me if this makes any difference to what you’re seeing in terms of the infinite scroll?

@katinka That works! The infinite scrolling feed and the sidebar both work in Private mode. [name_m]How[/name_m] odd! Any idea why?

Hooray! It could be an extension causing it in that case, as browsing in Private mode disables those. Are you running any add-ons?

If you’re not sure, you can find it by clicking the hamburger menu top right :arrow_upper_right:

@Kipperbo1 I haven’t forgotten about you. Looking into other possibilities…

1 Like

I have OpenH264 Video Codec, Widevine Content Decryption Module & Shockwave [name_m]Flash[/name_m]

ETA: disabling them didn’t seem to fix the problem :thinking:

@Kipperbo1

Since the incognito thing worked for the other user, can you just double check that you don’t have any extensions enabled in incognito mode?

I found this guide on how to open Chrome extensions settings to check this:

None of my extensions are running in incognito mode, I just checked that

@Kipperbo1

Another thing to try: clear your cache and cookies. Instructions below :crossed_fingers:

@floatinthesky

Same trial fix for you. Here are the instructions for clearing cookies and cache for Firefox :point_down:

@Kipperbo1 and @floatinthesky did you get chance to try out the above fix? Clearing your cache and cookies? Instructions for each of your browsers above if you missed it.

I just did it, no difference

Oh no! :disappointed: I really thought that might do it. Did you fully quit and relaunch your browser after clearing?

Sorry this is still going on!

Yeah it didn’t work for me either :frowning_face:

OK, I’ll keep trying…

1 Like

You’re amazing, thanks so much! It isn’t all that inconvenient for me personally because I go on my phone a lot anyways!

1 Like

[name_f]Glad[/name_f] to hear you can access the Forums anyway :+1:

I hope you don’t mind if I ask you to try any other things I think might help? It would be great to get to the bottom of it (no pun intended :grimacing:) in case other users encounter the same issue in the future.

yeah of course! happy to help :slight_smile: I do have one more inquiry though…is there any way to have the ads not be on the bottom of the screen? I don’t know if you can control this but they cover up the button I need to press to reply, and I have to refresh my page multiple times until they go away and I can sent my reply.

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you not have a little x in the corner of the ad? I’m able to close mine that way.

Otherwise install an ad blocker.

@katinka, I’m having the same issue. [name_f]My[/name_f] category feeds don’t seem to want to load more than 20 or so topics. Have we been able to figure out why that is? Thanks!

[name_f]Edit[/name_f]: I also just tried clearing my history and cookies and such, but I’m still having the problem

It doesn’t close when I try to click that. I’ll try an add blocker.

@jules95 I haven’t got to the bottom of it yet :frowning: I’m still digging!

It’s so weird that it only seems to be a few people. None of us on the admin team can replicate this issue ourselves.

[name_m]Can[/name_m] you scroll normally on mobile (if you have access)?