It figures!......any suggestions??

I posted last week saying how it was crazy that we had already picked our names and loved them before 20 weeks and how excited we were!..well…

[name]Just[/name] received a call from a wonderful friend who gave birth tonight at 8pm and named her new son [name]Parker[/name]. Of all the names in the world, she chose ours!!! We hadn’t discussed names much, but she had never mentioned [name]Parker[/name]…I’m not angry…just sad to be starting over…

So…I need some ideas!!

We already have:
[name]Cameron[/name] [name]James[/name], age 14
[name]Spencer[/name] [name]Payne[/name], age 9
[name]Logan[/name] [name]Duncan[/name], age 3

Last name is [name]Lee[/name]…

Names I like, but wasn’t sold 100 percent on:

[name]Collin[/name]
[name]Holden[/name]
[name]Karsen[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] (actually, I love this name, but worry [name]Asher[/name] [name]Lee[/name] is too much??)

Sorry to hear about this unfortunate coincidence. Maybe I am not a “good” enough friend, but I would still use my favorite name anyway. In my opinion, a true friend is one that would understand. And besides, I am sure this type of coincidence arises often enough as friends have many things in common (sometimes even name tastes).

That said, I think [name]Holden[/name] would be adorable. I love that name and it works well with your ln [name]IMO[/name].

Given your last name, I would try not to use [name]Asher[/name].

[name]Hope[/name] that helps :slight_smile:

Too bad! [name]Parker[/name] is such a great name!

Anyways, out of your name list, i would avoid using the name [name]Karsen[/name] (or [name]Carson[/name], my preferred spelling). [name]Even[/name] though i love the name, for some reason [name]Cameron[/name], [name]Spencer[/name] and [name]Carson[/name] seem to be mixing too much together, almost as if [name]Carson[/name] is a mix between [name]Cameron[/name] and [name]Spencer[/name]. I’m not sure why i am thinking that, but it is acting somewhat like a tongue twister for me! Also, [name]Collin[/name] and [name]Cameron[/name] seem to sound a lot alike (with the harsh “c’s” and “n” ending), so i may not suggest using that name…maybe as a middle though?

That said [name]Holden[/name] is a really cute name, too underused in my opinion! [name]Love[/name] the nn pontentials too Hold, [name]Den[/name]/[name]Denny[/name], maybe even [name]Hal[/name]? So great! [name]Holden[/name] [name]Lee[/name] sounds good too! [name]Holden[/name] [name]Collin[/name] [name]Lee[/name] sounds really great, but is it too similar in sound to [name]Holden[/name] Caulfield? [name]Even[/name] if it is, what a great literary character to be named “after”!

Here are some other suggestions that sound similar/same style to the ones above!:
[name]Porter[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] this! Same feel as [name]Parker[/name], yet different enough that your friend can’t say anything!
[name]Patrick[/name]
[name]Nathan[/name]/[name]Nathaniel[/name] - I think the shorter [name]Nathan[/name] works better with [name]Cameron[/name], [name]Logan[/name], and [name]Spencer[/name]
[name]Mason[/name] - similar to [name]Carson[/name]
[name]Ethan[/name]
[name]Hunter[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] this as well - again, same feel as [name]Parker[/name]
[name]Chase[/name]
[name]Cole[/name] - Similar to [name]Collin[/name], but doesn’t run into the problem that i stated above!
[name]Colton[/name] - mixture of [name]Collin[/name] and [name]Holden[/name], great name!

ps: i too would stay away from [name]Asher[/name] [name]Lee[/name] - too similar to [name]Ashley[/name]!

[name]Hope[/name] this helps!

I would still use my fav picked out name:)

Thanks for the feedback!

I will run [name]Holden[/name] by DH and see what he thinks. That’s a definite top 10.

As for still using [name]Parker[/name], I know this friend wouldn’t mind in the least, and we actually don’t know eachothers other friends…so our babies would be the only Parkers in our separate circles. I’ll keep it on the list and see how I feel after I find some other possibilities.