It’s a girl! Now we need a name...

I’m loving all this feedback! You guys really understand my naming aesthetic.

I like the feeling of [name_f]Lux[/name_f] but it doesn’t go with out last name that starts with S.

To answer a previous question, my husband like [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] as a middle name but isn’t so keen on [name_f]Juno[/name_f]. I don’t know why…he just says it doesn’t feel right. I think it’s the “no” ending but I’m not sure. He can’t really articulate why he doesn’t like it. He also doesn’t like [name_u]Juniper[/name_u], but that’s because he worked pest control for years and developed a deep hatred for the juniper plant.

I wish I loved [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] more…logically I think it would be adorable with [name_f]Nova[/name_f] but just like how my husband isn’t totally sold on [name_f]Juno[/name_f] it’s kinda how I feel about [name_f]Cleo[/name_f]. But I’ll keep it on my list. The fact that he likes it so much makes me like it more.

Same with [name_f]Esme[/name_f]. Logically, it’s great with [name_f]Nova[/name_f] but it doesn’t feel quite right. [name_m]How[/name_m] frustrating! But I’ll keep it on my list because I want to love it so badly.

We just stumbled across [name_f]Raya[/name_f]. What do you think of [name_f]Nova[/name_f] and [name_f]Raya[/name_f]?

After talking with the husband, his top choice right now are…(in order)

1. Cleo
  2. Raya and Esme (tied)
  3. Indie (he prefers this spelling and I think it’s cute too)
  4. Juno (he says still a contender…he doesn’t hate it just isn’t sure)

We agree that it all hinges on the perfect middle name choices.

Ooh [name_f]Raya[/name_f] Yes! I had considered it too. It means friend in Hebrew which is nice for a new little sister :slight_smile:

Would you pronounce it like [name_f]Maya[/name_f] or with a long A like [name_u]Ray[/name_u]? If the latter, you’d have a sun/star theme going on with your set.

Stylistically I think it works with [name_f]Nova[/name_f] for sure!

I’d pronounce it [name_u]RAY[/name_u]-uh. I like the subtle way it fits with [name_f]Nova[/name_f] and has a celestial feeling without actually being a celestial name…so no name style box!

Having a hard time with combos. I like [name_f]Raya[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f], but I don’t know what to pair with [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] or [name_f]Esme[/name_f] or [name_f]Indie[/name_f].

[name_f]Janis[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Anais[/name_f]
I would suggest.

I’m not very good at this but I’ll try.I’m also not very fond of [name_f]Juno[/name_f] but it’s not my choice to decide.

From your list, I like [name_f]Leona[/name_f], [name_f]Lyra[/name_f], and [name_f]Isla[/name_f].

To go with [name_f]Nova[/name_f]:
[name_f]Bryony[/name_f]?
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]?
[name_u]Ariel[/name_u]?
[name_f]Garnet[/name_f]?
[name_u]Fallon[/name_u]?
[name_f]Alanis[/name_f]?
[name_f]Irina[/name_f]?

As you can see I’m not very good a this but I hope this helped a little bit! Good luck finding THE name!

Lol [name_u]Ray[/name_u]-uh is phonetically the first part of my birth name. I think [name_f]Raya[/name_f] would be an interesting combo with [name_f]Nova[/name_f]. They do seem unexpectedly related and the celestial theme isn’t obvious at all.

[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Kerensa[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Paige[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Avalon[/name_f]

[name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Leona[/name_f]
[name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Camille[/name_f]
[name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_u]Mirren[/name_u]

[name_f]Nova[/name_f] and [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] sound lovely together. Does the combo [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] make it any more appealing to you?

I’m not as much of a fan of [name_u]Indigo[/name_u] with [name_f]Nova[/name_f], but [name_f]Indie[/name_f] would work well.

[name_f]Nova[/name_f] and [name_f]Esme[/name_f] fit really well, both in sound and styalistically.

Actually, yea, I do like [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] Evangaline as a combo. It flows nicely!

I agree, [name_u]Indigo[/name_u] and [name_f]Nova[/name_f] aren’t the best pair. Looks like my husband is losing interest in [name_f]Indie[/name_f], too. That happens to me all the time. I’ll love a name one day and then go off it the next.

Top contenders are still [name_f]Cleo[/name_f], [name_f]Esme[/name_f], and [name_f]Raya[/name_f]. It’s so hard to pick the right one!

My first thought was [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]…two syllables like [name_f]Nova[/name_f], but not ending in the -ah sound, & a subtle celestial theme as [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] is one of the moons of [name_u]Mars[/name_u]. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]?

My second thought was [name_f]Willow[/name_f]…again two syllables like [name_f]Nova[/name_f], but not ending in the -ah sound, & still a nature theme. And while it ends in the -oh sound, it’s not a “no” sound. [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]?

In thinking of [name_f]Indie[/name_f], [name_f]India[/name_f] came to mind, which then brought up [name_u]Persia[/name_u] or [name_f]Persis[/name_f]. [name_f]Raya[/name_f] made me think of [name_f]Rayna[/name_f]/[name_f]Raina[/name_f]. Other two-syllable names to seem to go w/[name_f]Nova[/name_f] as a sibset & also go w/[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] (at least to my eye/ear):

[name_f]Tamsin[/name_f]
[name_u]Seren[/name_u]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f]
[name_f]Marin[/name_f]
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u]
[name_f]Laurel[/name_f]
[name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_f]Soleil[/name_f] (So-lay…[name_m]French[/name_m] for sun…possible pronunciation issues though)
[name_f]Ciel[/name_f] (See-[name_f]ELL[/name_f]…[name_m]French[/name_m] for sky…possible pronunciation issues though)
[name_u]Ren[/name_u]ée
[name_f]Kira[/name_f] ([name_m]KEER[/name_m]-ah)
[name_f]Miri[/name_f] (MEER-ee)

Longer names:

[name_f]Athena[/name_f]
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] (although this doesn’t work w/[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] as a mn)
[name_f]Talia[/name_f]
[name_f]Malia[/name_f] (Mah-[name_u]LEE[/name_u]-ah; nn [name_f]Mali[/name_f]?)
[name_f]Alexa[/name_f]
[name_f]Ione[/name_f] (although not w/[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], but [name_f]Ione[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]?)

Good luck!

Those are great thoughtful suggestions! We both like [name_f]Willow[/name_f]. I’ll put it on my slightly longer short list. I always keep a secondary list in case one of my favorites starts to lose it’s sparkle. Which happens a lot…haha! With DD I changed my shortlist about 4 times. I’m a little more clearheaded this time, I think. I feel more confident about my naming style.

Want to know something random? I have a friend with three daughters named [name_u]Seren[/name_u], Cielle, and [name_f]Soleil[/name_f]. No joke! [name_u]Seren[/name_u] was on my list for a while, but I didn’t want to steal a friend’s name.

So much to think about!

Also, side question…my grandmother’s cat is named [name_f]Cleo[/name_f]…I don’t have a problem using it for a baby, but what are your opinions on the matter? It’s a relatively new cat and I honestly don’t think anyone would think it’s too weird. It might be a fun little connection.

I like [name_f]Esme[/name_f] off your list. [name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_u]June[/name_u] or [name_f]Violet[/name_f]?

If you like [name_u]Seren[/name_u], how about [name_f]Serena[/name_f] “Seri”?

There is something so sweet about [name_f]Serena[/name_f]. And I don’t hear it very often! Good suggestion.

I’m not a fan of [name_u]June[/name_u] or [name_f]Junia[/name_f] for some reason. I love [name_f]Violet[/name_f] for a middle name because it’s a little to common for me. My daughter has two friends named [name_f]Violet[/name_f].

Okay…I’m going to start a new thread for middle names. You have all given me SO much to think about!!