italian girls name needed

[name]Giulia[/name]
[name]Giuliana[/name]
[name]Giacinta[/name]
[name]Gianetta[/name]
[name]Grazia[/name]
[name]Giuseppina[/name]

Good luck!

Wow so many suggestions thanks everyone! I love most of the names they all sound beautiful. I love the idea of [name]Carina[/name]. I had an Italian friend called [name]Milena[/name], so might go with that (even though it does not strictly come from [name]Italy[/name] - do Italian people recognise this as an Italian name in [name]Italy[/name]?)

My grandmother was called [name]Flori[/name] but I never see it on name lists so not sure where that name came from. xx

Maybe short for [name]Florence[/name]?

I’m curious to know where [name]Flori[/name] came from too. In Italian the “L” normally used after a consonant in English and other languages is usually an “I”. So, while [name]Flori[/name] seems derived from flower or floral, in Italian the word for flower is fiore or flowers is fiori (maybe your grandma’s name is derived from this). In fact, [name]Florence[/name] is actually Firenze in Italian. Similarly, white is [name]Bianca[/name], not [name]Blanca[/name].

And along those lines, [name]Fiorella[/name] means “little flower” and is a beautiful name! Maybe your grandmother’s name was an anglicized version of this name.

I know Italians-from-[name]Italy[/name] named [name]Milena[/name] so I would say yes. :slight_smile: And I think its a gorgeous name!

As for [name]Flori[/name]…I knew a [name]Floriana[/name]?

I’m looking for an Italian girl’s name too! Or at least a name that works in English and Italian. I love these lists you all have posted, they’re so helpful. [name]Love[/name] the melodic lilt of these names.

My husband and I had a big laugh over some of the suggestions on the nameberry Italian word list… like [name]Faro[/name] (lighthouse), [name]Riva[/name] (quay), and [name]Zingaro[/name] (gypsy). These are really terrible suggestions if your child ever sets foot in [name]Italy[/name]!

I know a [name]Graziana[/name], love that name. An alternate spelling is Grazianna maybe. Someone else said [name]Graziella[/name], I like that too.

Now I have to reread this entire thread and take notes!

I love Italian names! Some of my favorites are:

[name]Alessia[/name]
[name]Allegra[/name]
[name]Alessandra[/name]
[name]Carolina[/name]

I guess I like “a” names too!

so i’m dying to know what you ended up choosing!! this was such a great thread! (especially for me, who was looking for an italian name for awhile as well!) :slight_smile: