Italian heritage names?

I am due at the end of the summer but we are keeping the gender a surprise. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband is half Italian but unfortunately all relatives on that side of the family have passed now so we would like to honour them by choosing a name with Italian heritage but so far we can’t agree on one we like. We are thinking maybe as middle name if we can’t pick for a first name but I’m sure there are names we haven’t heard yet…

The names we both like (not Italian though) are [name_f]Julianna[/name_f], [name_u]Auden[/name_u], [name_m]Elijah[/name_m], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], [name_u]Noah[/name_u] and [name_u]Jude[/name_u].

The surname will be Mussi

Any suggestions that would go well as middle names for our favourite names or as first names please? TIA xx

[name_f]My[/name_f] immediate thought was [name_f]Giuliana[/name_f]! It is the Italian spelling of [name_f]Julianna[/name_f]

1 Like

Same here! If you both love [name_f]Julianna[/name_f] but want an Italian name, it makes so much sense.

I agree with the name [name_f]Giuliana[/name_f]. I also love the name [name_f]Carmella[/name_f] for a girl and [name_m]Leo[/name_m] for a boy!

Also have you tried looking through the family names and maybe switch them up a little bit? [name_m]Just[/name_m] as an example, [name_f]Giuliana[/name_f] maybe you would like either [name_f]Giulia[/name_f] or [name_f]Anna[/name_f]?

[name_m]How[/name_m] about:

[name_m]Matteo[/name_m]
[name_m]Lorenzo[/name_m]
[name_m]Marcelo[/name_m]
[name_m]Alessio[/name_m]
[name_m]Leonardo[/name_m]
[name_m]Alessandro[/name_m]
[name_m]Enzo[/name_m]
[name_m]Pietro[/name_m]
Niccolo
[name_m]Massimo[/name_m]
[name_u]Luca[/name_u]
[name_m]Rafael[/name_m]

[name_f]Eleanora[/name_f]
[name_f]Chiara[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]
[name_f]Alessia[/name_f]
[name_f]Sofia[/name_f]
[name_f]Giulia[/name_f]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilde[/name_f]
[name_f]Lavinia[/name_f]
[name_f]Siena[/name_f]
[name_f]Aria[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Gianna[/name_f]
[name_f]Elena[/name_f]

[name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_m]Massimo[/name_m], [name_u]Jude[/name_u] Niccolo, [name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_m]Matteo[/name_m] or [name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_m]Marcelo[/name_m] would be fantastic!