It's a girl!!! Now what??

We just found out that the baby we are expecting is a girl! Of course, we are thrilled, however–we didnt exactly
plan on having another child, let alone another daughter. We already have 3 boys and 1 girl…and since we thought
we were done, we took our second choice for a girls name and made it her middle name!!. The only other girl’s name I ever considered was [name]Michelle[/name], but it’s unusable by now since our last name ends in an “elle” sound (starts with a C). So, our new little sweetheart will have siblings named [name]Jack[/name] [name]Morgan[/name], [name]Hunter[/name] [name]James[/name], [name]Remy[/name] [name]Carter[/name], and [name]Stella[/name] [name]Faith[/name]. Please help us! I’m kicking myself for being so quick to give ‘[name]Faith[/name]’ away…I think it would have fit perfect with the rest of our crew!

Some names that I’ve seen and have been warming up to:

[name]Halle[/name], [name]Cheyenne[/name], [name]Melanie[/name]…something cute but not too common…I also really like [name]Rory[/name], but since I already have a boy with the same first letter and ending sound, I don’t think I want to use it. I’d appreciate any and all suggestions.

First off, I love the name [name]Remy[/name]! I don’t think I’d ever use it but its been sort of a guilty pleasure name of mine for awhile :slight_smile: I somewhat like [name]Halle[/name] and it goes best with your other kids names, [name]Cheyenne[/name] seems dated and doesn’t really go with your kids names, and I just generally don’t like [name]Melanie[/name]. [name]Rory[/name] seems to masculine for a girl. Here are some suggestions you might like:

[name]Emmy[/name]
[name]Josie[/name]
[name]Evie[/name]
[name]Susie[/name]
[name]Lena[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Emelia[/name]
[name]Luna[/name]
[name]Molly[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name]
[name]Vida[/name]
[name]Clio[/name]/[name]Cleo[/name]
[name]Thisbe[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Piper[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Pippa[/name]
[name]Lyla[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Zooey[/name]
[name]Coraline[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Callie[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Penny[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Lillie[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Wren[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Zinnia[/name]
[name]Cadie[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Muse[/name]
[name]Delphi[/name]
[name]Aria[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Leila[/name]
[name]Paloma[/name]
[name]Olive[/name]
[name]Gwen[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Hadley[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Maude[/name]
[name]Isolde[/name]
[name]Mila[/name]
[name]Neysa[/name]
[name]Macy[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] this helps :slight_smile:

Of the three you listed, I love the name [name]Melanie[/name], but if you call [name]Stella[/name] “Stel”, then [name]Melanie[/name] may be too close. [name]Reading[/name] your sibset the first name that popped into my head was [name]Phoebe[/name]. Good luck!

[name]Alexis[/name]

Congratulations on your baby girl! Now to figure out her name. Might be a challenge! :slight_smile:

Here are some suggestions that I think would sound perfect with [name]Jack[/name], [name]Hunter[/name], [name]Remy[/name], and [name]Stella[/name]:

[name]Ada[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Eva[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Madeline[/name]
[name]Maisie[/name]
[name]Maya[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Natalie[/name]
[name]Paige[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]

Jack, Hunter, Remy, Stella and

Clara (my favorite) Actually Clara Anneliese is my all-time fav girl’s name
Claire - form of Clara
Juliet - love this name also - so feminine
Rachel - Love Rachel Juliet
Anabel - another top name
Eliza - Eliza Claire

Here are some names that popped into my head after reading your post:

[name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Hope[/name]
[name]Natalie[/name]

Wow!! Great suggestions! Very helpful and inspirational! so, [name]Phoebe[/name], while cute, is just a no-no for me! I do really like [name]Wren[/name], but i think it’s too close to my [name]Remy[/name]…he is sometimes called [name]Rem[/name], and if we named our daughter [name]Wren[/name] there’s a chance people would call her Wrenny…it could get confusing! But, it reminded me of another name I like the sound of: [name]Brynn[/name]. Or [name]Corinne[/name]…or [name]Carine[/name] (ca-reen). [name]Paige[/name] is also a definite contender. I think my only guideline is I’d like not to repeat first letters, so baby [name]Halle[/name] is out. Thanks for all the help so far!! Please let me know what you think of [name]Brynn[/name], [name]Paige[/name] or [name]Corinne[/name]/[name]Carine[/name].

Hi Brynn, Paige and Corinne? I think you need to give your second baby girl an obviously feminine name as you have done with Stella, so of the ones you mention I would have to choose Corinne but it is out of sync stylewise with Stella.

The pp’s have given some good suggestions I like the idea of giving her a virtue middle name.

More ideas

Imogen this name has all the spunkiness, femininity and style of Stella, and would make an excellent sibling choice. I would give Imogen a fun, light hearted middle eg Imogen Daisy.

For something a little more unusual but very lovely you could choose Xanthe (prnd as Zan thee), Xanthe Paige. I love that combo.

rollo

Great uncommon names [name]Lolla[/name]…i like how you give them their own ‘personality’! However, I think it would be kind of cute to give her a name that isn’t ultra-feminine…a few people have only heard me say the name ‘[name]Remy[/name]’ and they think i’m talking about my daughter, si I think it would be fitting, in a way, to have a girls name that might go either way, like [name]Brynn[/name]. Also, what is meant by a ‘virtue’ mn?

Kyemsma…At first glance, I wasn’t to thrilled with [name]Celeste[/name], but the more I say it, I’m starting to like it. And-[name]Stella[/name] and [name]Celeste[/name]…both starry, dreamy names…how cute is that? But-will [name]Celeste[/name] work with my boys?? Also, it’s got the same beginning sound that I’m not all that into…but who knows? I could grow to love it too much to care!

My husband is gunning for [name]Paige[/name] at the moment…

[name]Just[/name] a little info on how I chose my kids’ names…they are all not heard very often (or at least not when they were named, 2 to 8 years ago). Also, they are names that were around when I was younger, growing up in [name]Louisiana[/name], so I’d really like to keep the suble Southern vibe going. Thanks everyone for the help so far! [name]Remember[/name], when this is all said and done, [name]Baby[/name] Girl C. is still gonna need a mn!!

A “virtue name” is a name that’s also a word for a “virtuous” quality. [name]Hope[/name], [name]Faith[/name], [name]Charity[/name], [name]Patience[/name], [name]Verity[/name], etc. are all examples.

If you did want to make [name]Brynn[/name] more feminine, you could go with [name]Brenna[/name] or [name]Brynna[/name].

One thing to consider for the pronunciation of [name]Corinne[/name]/[name]Carine[/name] that you specified is that it is a homonym for careen, i.e. to veer off the road or path.

I like [name]Paige[/name] and [name]Brynn[/name]. I don’t actually think either sounds boyish, and I’ve never heard of a male [name]Paige[/name] or [name]Brynn[/name] before.

Other thoughts:
[name]Noelle[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Nola[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Morgan[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Adele[/name]

Oh I like [name]Paige[/name] with the rest of your kiddos! Here are some others that I think sound great with big bros and sis and might possibly fit your style and guidelines:
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Hunter[/name], [name]Remy[/name], [name]Stella[/name], and…

[name]Faye[/name]
[name]Mae[/name]
[name]Alex[/name]
[name]Inez[/name]
[name]Coralie[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Laine[/name]
[name]Vera[/name]
[name]Melody[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Karis[/name]
[name]Opal[/name]
[name]Leah[/name]
[name]Louise[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]

Mamaprincess: I think [name]Jack[/name], [name]Hunter[/name], [name]Remy[/name], [name]Stella[/name], and [name]Celeste[/name] go well together, especially since [name]Stella[/name] and [name]Celeste[/name] have similar meanings - glad you like it!

I think [name]Paige[/name] goes well with [name]Jack[/name], [name]Hunter[/name] and [name]Remy[/name], but I am not too sure about with [name]Stella[/name].

I love the name [name]Brynn[/name], but I feel like it sounds a lot like [name]Remy[/name]. I also really like [name]Paige[/name]! I think it would fit perfectly with your sibset. [name]Corinne[/name] and [name]Carine[/name] both sound kind of dated to me, so I don’t think they fit in with your modern sibset.

I know you don’t want repeating first letters, but I think [name]Scarlett[/name] would work great with you sib set!

Your kids have great names! I think [name]Corrinne[/name] would be gorgeous with them. :o

(I also really like [name]Paige[/name] and [name]Celeste[/name]!)

[name]Paige[/name] is great, [name]Corrine[/name] classic or maybe [name]Elodie[/name]?

If you like something southern-y, you could go with something like [name]Magnolia[/name] nn [name]Maggie[/name], or [name]Charlotte[/name] or [name]Virginia[/name]…

I also like with [name]Jack[/name], [name]Remy[/name], [name]Hunter[/name] and [name]Stella[/name]:

[name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Lola[/name]
[name]Britta[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Olive[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] this helps!