It's a GIRL!!!! Please vote.

See the results of this poll: Favorite girl name:

Respondents: 63 (This poll is closed)

• Gwyneth Susannah H****: 23 (37%)
  • Violet Susannah H****: 19 (30%)
  • Penelope Della H****: 8 (13%)
  • Vivian Emma H****: 13 (21%)

[name]Love[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Susannah[/name]

I voted for [name]Violet[/name] [name]Susannah[/name], with my second choice being
[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Susannah[/name].

[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Susannah[/name] would be my first choice!
But [name]Violet[/name] [name]Susannah[/name] and [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Emma[/name] are also very beautiful.
The others are nice too, but I think [name]Vivian[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] are really the standouts for the first name, as is [name]Susannah[/name] for the middle.

If you don’t mind sharing your last name, that might help . . .

[name]EDIT[/name]: Actually, I went back and voted for [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Emma[/name]. I really love it, and I think this is my first choice after all. I think your original pairings are the right way to do this: if you go with [name]Vivian[/name], then use [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Emma[/name] and if you go with [name]Violet[/name], then use [name]Violet[/name] [name]Susannah[/name].
Although, [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Susannah[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] [name]Emma[/name] are also very beautiful, though [name]Violet[/name] [name]Emma[/name] is a bid abrupt.
I know that wasn’t much help after all, but I really don’t think you can go wrong. And, I also think your last name and/or which family member you most want to honor in the middle could really tip the scales one way or another here.

Jlm, I think you are right. I think the middle name is going to come down to who I want to honor the most. [name]Susannah[/name] comes from my mother, and mom always wins :slight_smile: [name]Della[/name] was a very sassy and smart great aunt who wrote poetry. [name]Emma[/name] comes from DH’s side, so I don’t have an attachment to that (and I don’t think he does either. But it is a lovely name.) Our last name is [name]Hayes[/name]. Which brings up a slight hesitation that I have with [name]Violet[/name]. Does [name]Violet[/name] [name]Hayes[/name] sound like a description of something, like “there is a violet haze on the horizon…”? Or is that just silly?

Ok, that information makes this an easy one for me:
[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Hayes[/name]!!
Absolutely perfect!

(I could probably get past the violet haze issue, though I agree that it’s less than ideal, but the other issue is that the rhythm of [name]Violet[/name] [name]Hayes[/name], while there is nothing wrong with it per se, is just a bit choppy somehow because [name]Violet[/name] has a lot of hard sounds and then [name]Hayes[/name] is so short; [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Hayes[/name] on the other hand is so wonderfully melodic that it really steals the show).

I’m going to go against the grain and say [name]Gwyneth[/name] [name]Susannah[/name]. I love [name]Gwyneth[/name] and you really don’t hear it too often, so it gets me vote!

Your other choices are lovely and you can’t really go wrong with any, except maybe [name]Violet[/name] because I just hear a description like yoyu said - violet haze.

I think [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Susannah[/name] sounds beautiful :slight_smile:

Good luck!

I really don’t like [name]Vivian[/name], but that is a personal association. I do, however, like [name]Vivienne[/name], which is a French spelling.

Of the names you have posted, can I just say that [name]Gwyneth[/name] is gorgeous and underutilized. I don’t know if Ms. Paltrow spells her name this way, she’s the only other [name]Gwyneth[/name] I have heard of, and despite not really liking her too much, I love the name.

[name]Gwyneth[/name] is Celtic / Welsh, traditional, feminine yet strong. It’s poetic, melodic. I love it. I think some cute nnames can come out of it, from [name]Gwen[/name] to [name]Wynne[/name]. I think it is a hundred times more charming than [name]Vivian[/name], and I would vote 10 times for it if I could!

You can’t better [name]Violet[/name] [name]Susannah[/name] or [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Violet[/name], a simply fabulous name.

I voted for [name]Penelope[/name], but I love all four choices.

I like [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Emma[/name]. It’s a beautiful name. [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Hayes[/name] sounds like a glamorous actress from the 1940’s to me.

All of the choices are very nice, but [name]Violet[/name] [name]Hayes[/name] make me think of [name]Jimi[/name] [name]Hendrix[/name] for some reason. Not that that may be a bad thing.

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Susannah[/name] is charming, but my vote went to [name]Gwyneth[/name]… I’m not sure if [name]Gwyneth[/name] [name]Susannah[/name] is the perfect combo, but [name]Gwyneth[/name] is gorgeous and I don’t hear it often enough!

My husband loves the name [name]Susannah[/name], but I always hear the song :

“Oh, [name]Susannah[/name], don’t you cry for me, 'cause I’m going to [name]Alabama[/name] with a banjo on my knee.”

[name]Don[/name]'t ask me why, but that’s all I hear when I hear that name. Crazy!

My vote went to [name]Gwyneth[/name] [name]Susannah[/name]…lovely!

[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Susannah[/name] gets my vote. [name]Vivian[/name] is gorgeous, and has yet to really take off in popularity. [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Hayes[/name] flows perfectly imo. I like the combination of 3 syllable first names with 1 syllable last names.

Congratulations!

I am really loving [name]Violet[/name] [name]Susannah[/name], it is wonderful. It’s sweet and accessible but it definitely has some sass thrown in there, too.

I like [name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Susannah[/name] too (not a fan of the [name]Vivian[/name] spelling) but it is less spunky and I like spunk, so [name]Violet[/name] [name]Susannah[/name] wins for me

Thanks everyone. We have a lot to think about. [name]Gwyneth[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] have always been our top two names…now we just have to decide!