It's a girl!!!

We were so excited to find out our baby’s gender this morning, and my husband was right! He felt it was a girl the whole time and so she is! :smiley: The only hard part is naming a little girl! We had a boy name picked out, but aren’t totally sure about a girl. Well, my husband is set on a name for our baby girl…but I’m not totally convinced yet…what do you think???

[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Joy[/name] ([name]Elliot[/name] [name]James[/name] was our boy name, but we both kinda like it for a girl too…I’m open to mn suggestions to make this more feminine although the reason for the J initial is to honor my late grandfather “EJ”)

[name]Eden[/name] [name]Grace[/name]

[name]Avery[/name] …(the only other name I know my husband likes)

I also love [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Georgia[/name], but hubby hates 'em.

I love [name]Elliott[/name] for a little girl, but I know most people on here don’t. I’d probably spell it Elliotte to make it more feminine. I also [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Avery[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name]. [name]Adeline[/name] is another one of my top names. I think they are all adorable choices. Good luck!

Go ahead and save [name]Elliot[/name] for the next time your pregnant. I really [name]Eden[/name] [name]Grace[/name].

Have you considered the name [name]Edie[/name]? It feels like it takes the best of both [name]Elliot[/name] and [name]Eden[/name] together. [name]Edie[/name]'s stylish and not common.

[name]Eden[/name] [name]Grace[/name] is gorgeous! Much prettier on a little girl than [name]Elliott[/name], [name]IMO[/name].

[name]Elliot[/name] [name]James[/name] is such a classic name for a boy that I worry when - if! - a boy comes around next time and you’ve used the name for a girl, you’re going to have a major naming style crisis. So, I’m not sure I’d use [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Joy[/name] for a girl. Well, actually, I wouldn’t…

Perhaps you would like [name]Aveline[/name], [name]Adeline[/name], [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Camille[/name], [name]Emmeline[/name], [name]Evangeline[/name], [name]Genevieve[/name], [name]Isabel[/name], [name]Julia[/name], [name]Juliet[/name], [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Lydia[/name], [name]Margo[/name], [name]Madeleine[/name], [name]Ramona[/name], [name]Sarah[/name], [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Sylvie[/name], [name]Tess[/name], or [name]Violet[/name]?

You could switch up the EJ initials to JE and use something like [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Eva[/name], too!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

While if you really like [name]Elliot[/name] for a girl, I say go for it, I think the strongest case against is that if you end up having a boy, you may wish you’d have saved it.

[name]Eden[/name] is a lovely name, and if you think you’re going to have two, you can use [name]Elliot[/name] for the next one … boy or girl. [name]Eden[/name] & [name]Elliot[/name] is a good sibset.

[name]Hi[/name]! [name]Elliot[/name] [name]James[/name] is wonderful, so I would save it for your next little one. I love [name]Eden[/name] [name]Grace[/name] or [name]Avery[/name] [name]Grace[/name]! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Elliot[/name] for a boy, but definitely not for a girl, so I would save it for next time if I were you. You would probably regret using it on a girl if you had a boy next, and would then need to find an uber-masculine name to stand next to a female [name]Elliot[/name].

THANK YOU everyone for sharing your opinions and ideas. My husband shared last night that he likes the spelling Elliotte to make it more feminine…which is a step in the right direction, I fell. Although, he’s already telling everyone we have a name picked out & I’m like HUSH, NO WE [name]DON[/name]'T!
I especially agree that I will run into a crisis if we have a boy someday because I really love [name]Elliot[/name] [name]James[/name]. It’s back to trying to work this out with my husband in another naming discussion…I’m sure I’ll be back for more help!

You can choose [name]Elia[/name]. I have a daughter named like that… she is very very cute

[name]Elliot[/name] is definitely a boys name in my mind! Unless you are planning to have only one child, I would say [name]Elliot[/name] for a possible future son! [name]Eden[/name] [name]Grace[/name] is so beautiful! [name]Avery[/name] [name]Grace[/name] is pretty good, too…

I liked [name]Eden[/name] the best. I highly dislike [name]Elliot[/name] as a girls name. Spelling it Elliotte does not make it look more fem it makes it look wrong. I think you should save [name]Elliot[/name] for a future boy.

Please keep [name]Elliott[/name] for a future son, it is a handsome name and there are SO many beautiful names you can choose for a daughter.

If Dad likes unisex style names what about [name]Avalon[/name] nn [name]Ava[/name] you get that cool, beachy vibe and then to top it off the exotic and beautiful [name]Ava[/name]. It is close to [name]Avery[/name] but so much better for a beautiful girl.

[name]Bellamy[/name] is another gorgeous unisex style name and the nn of [name]Belle[/name] is just perfect.

Sisters named [name]Avalon[/name] and [name]Bellamy[/name] would be perfect and with brother [name]Elliott[/name] [name]James[/name] you have a fantastic sibset!

rollo

I prefer the spelling [name]Eliot[/name] for a girl. I dont mind the name on a girl either. It isnt my favorite but I do see the feminine appeal. What other boys names do you like? Would you be upset if baby number 2 was a boy and you already used [name]Eliot[/name]?

Other girls:
[name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Maren[/name]
[name]Isabel[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]

[name]Eden[/name] [name]Grace[/name] is adorable!! FWIW, though, [name]Elliott[/name] isn’t too bad on a girl :stuck_out_tongue: I personally would save it, but hey it’s your call!

[name]Avery[/name] and [name]Aveline[/name] nice as well. On a side note, what about [name]Charlotte[/name]?