It's a girl!!

See the results of this poll: Which name for my baby girl?

Respondents: 28 (This poll is closed)

• Eve Matthews (Evie): 13 (46%)
  • Lucinda Matthews (Lucy): 8 (29%)
  • Cara Matthews: 7 (25%)

Congratulations! One boy and one girl :slight_smile:

My favorite is [name]Lucinda[/name] [name]Helen[/name]. Its a pretty name, not too common, and I love “[name]Lucy[/name]” nn.

Congratulations! One boy and one girl :slight_smile:

My favorite is [name]Lucinda[/name] [name]Helen[/name]. Its a pretty name, not too common, and I love “[name]Lucy[/name]” nn.

Congrats! [name]Eve[/name] [name]Lucinda[/name] is just gorgeous, and nn [name]Evie[/name] is adorable. [name]Lucinda[/name] [name]Helen[/name] nn [name]Lucy[/name] is also very nice. To me, [name]Cara[/name] sounds a little dated and a bit lackluster compared to your other choices. I vote for [name]Eve[/name] [name]Lucinda[/name]. Good luck!

I love all your name choices. [name]Eve[/name] is def my favorite of the bunch.
But if you are stuck on [name]Cara[/name] I would go [name]Cara[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] because it flows nicer.
Congrats on having a baby girl! We aren’t finding out but I def have a part of me that wishes I could peek and then take it back! lol.

Oh, congrats on your wonderful news. [name]Sidney[/name] [name]Warren[/name] is going to have a sister. All the best!
1 [name]Eve[/name] [name]Lucinda[/name] [name]Matthews[/name] ([name]Evie[/name])
2 [name]Lucinda[/name] [name]Helen[/name] [name]Matthews[/name] ([name]Lucy[/name])
3 [name]Cara[/name] [name]Felicity[/name]/[name]Helen[/name] [name]Matthews[/name]

I like all the names on your list - any one you ultimately choose will be lovely. [name]Eve[/name] and [name]Lucy[/name] are both beautiful names. I actually really like [name]Cara[/name] - I feel that it’s a name I don’t often come across.
What about merging [name]Eve[/name] (one of your top choices) with [name]Cara[/name], with a name like [name]Cara[/name] [name]Eveline[/name]/[name]Evelyn[/name]?

Best of luck in deciding!

I’m going to be the odd one out and say that I don’t really like [name]Lucinda[/name] with [name]Sidney[/name]. The Sidn- and cind- sounds are just so matchy to me. I don’t know why it bothers me but it does. :expressionless: That said, I still like [name]Eve[/name] [name]Lucinda[/name] because it’s in the mn spot.

But I love [name]Cara[/name] as a sister for [name]Sidney[/name]! [name]Cara[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] and [name]Cara[/name] [name]Helen[/name] are both lovely. I think I prefer [name]Cara[/name] [name]Helen[/name] a little more, for flow with your last name.

Congratulations!!

I like all 3 of your name choices, but I wonder about the popularity of [name]Eve[/name] (especially if you consider all the [name]Eva[/name]'s and [name]Ava[/name]'s out there). Likewise, with [name]Lucy[/name] although the full name [name]Lucinda[/name] is more unique and probably my favourite of the three options. As for [name]Cara[/name] I think it is the most uncommon and i love it’s meaning (beloved friend).

What do you think about:

[name]Cara[/name] [name]Lucinda[/name] [name]Matthews[/name] (normally the repeated ‘a’ ending or [name]Cara[/name] and [name]Lucinda[/name] would put me off but i think they flow nicely with [name]Matthews[/name].)

I also like [name]Cara[/name] [name]Eveline[/name]/[name]Evelyn[/name] as suggested by pp.

Good luck!

I love [name]Cara[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Matthews[/name]! I think it’s perfect and sounds lovely with [name]Sidney[/name] [name]Warren[/name]. Good luck!

I do love the name [name]Lucinda[/name] and the fun nn of [name]Lucy[/name] but I agree that [name]Cara[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Matthews[/name] is a beautiful name and does match her brother very well.

rollo :slight_smile:

I love all of them. [name]Eve[/name] [name]Lucinda[/name] is just gorgeous and [name]Sid[/name] and [name]Evie[/name] are fab together. Same goes for [name]Lucinda[/name] [name]Helen[/name] and [name]Sid[/name] and [name]Lucy[/name] but I think I prefer [name]Eve[/name] over [name]Lucinda[/name]. [name]Sidney[/name] and [name]Cara[/name] are a lovely pair too. I think I like [name]Cara[/name] [name]Helen[/name] better of the 2 middles you have. What about these:
[name]Cara[/name] [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Matthews[/name]
[name]Cara[/name] [name]Naomi[/name] [name]Matthews[/name]
[name]Cara[/name] [name]Meriel[/name] [name]Matthews[/name]
[name]Cara[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Matthews[/name]
[name]Cara[/name] [name]June[/name] [name]Matthews[/name]
[name]Cara[/name] [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Matthews[/name]
[name]Cara[/name] [name]Emily[/name] [name]Matthews[/name]
[name]Cara[/name] [name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Matthews[/name]
[name]Cara[/name] [name]Abigail[/name] [name]Matthews[/name]
[name]Cara[/name] [name]Elinor[/name] [name]Matthews[/name]
[name]Cara[/name] [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Matthews[/name]

[name]Fran[/name] x

With [name]Sidney[/name] [name]Warren[/name], I really like [name]Cara[/name] [name]Felicity[/name]! :slight_smile: Or how about [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Cara[/name], or [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Eve[/name]?

Thankyou everyone. So, quite a variation in which you all prefer then! I think [name]Lucinda[/name] is going to be second choice to both [name]Cara[/name] and [name]Eve[/name] - I’ll post a poll!

marybeth: I do like [name]Cara[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name] but if we don’t use [name]Eve[/name] this time I would like to save it just in case :slight_smile: so that rules out [name]Evelyn[/name] as a middle name.

austia: I’m not sure about [name]Cara[/name] [name]Lucinda[/name] - I want to like it but the a endings are putting me off

[name]Fran[/name]: I do like [name]Cara[/name] [name]Phoebe[/name] and [name]Cara[/name] [name]Elinor[/name] but I think I still prefer [name]Cara[/name] [name]Helen[/name]. I think [name]Felicity[/name] is out - is just too fussy for my taste argh…

[name]Rachel[/name] x

I was wondering about the mn of [name]Cara[/name] and [name]Cara[/name] [name]Helen[/name] is sweet and simple and [name]Cara[/name] [name]Matthews[/name] is beautiful it has a kind of serenity to it imo.

I prefer [name]Cara[/name] for your little girl. It’s a wonderful name and [name]Cara[/name] [name]Helen[/name] is a gorgeous combination!

[name]Rachel[/name] you say [name]Cara[/name] the same way as me I think and I say Cah rah (long sounds) if others are pronouncing it with a short ‘a’ sound they may not like it as much. I love the meaning too, it is a lovely name.

rollo

I have to agree with the most recent consensus - I know about 100 little Evies (with variant spellings), two Lucys under two, and zero Caras younger than me.

That is a good point for voting for the sweet [name]Cara[/name]. I am sure that you don’t want your baby to have an ultra popular name, even if they are gorgeous choices.