It's a slow week at the office... Let's talk names!

I hope everyone had a great [name]Christmas[/name]!

Everywhere I turn someone I know is expecting so I have names on the brain and it’s slow at work!

New names that are growing on me:

[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Gareth[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Anneliese[/name] (but only with the Leeze ending)
[name]Suri[/name] (I know no one will ever get passed the [name]Suri[/name] [name]Cruise[/name] connection. Darn them! It is a great simple name!)
[name]Dexter[/name]

Suggestions please! I love all your thoughts and suggestions of names you think I might like!

I agree on really liking [name]Griffin[/name] and [name]Dexter[/name] lately! :slight_smile:
[name]Finn[/name] and [name]Dex[/name] are just too much fun!

Here’s some of my new loves (some aren’t necessarily new, but ones that I momentarily forgot and then recently remembered :wink:
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Annika[/name]
[name]Roman[/name]
[name]Finnian[/name] (see, [name]Finn[/name] :slight_smile:
[name]Monroe[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Ward[/name] (though, I don’t like [name]Edward[/name]) :confused:
[name]Harrison[/name]

If you like [name]Suri[/name] but want to avoid the [name]Cruise[/name] connection, [name]Siri[/name] is also beautiful. :slight_smile:

omg! I didn’t even think of [name]Finn[/name] as a nickname for [name]Griffin[/name]! I love it even more now!!! Thanks!

You are very welcome! :wink:

Those are great names!

My favorites of the moment:

[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Belle[/name]

[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Reed[/name]
[name]Jonah[/name]

Oh, I totally forgot about [name]Juliet[/name]!
Yup…[name]LOVE[/name] it!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Elodie[/name] and [name]Belle[/name]!

I really like a good short names!

[name]Cormac[/name] is another one that has come back to me lately. Seems like a good strong name. The other day my DH and I were discussing “quarterback-ie” names ie [name]Colt[/name] [name]McCoy[/name], [name]Peyton[/name] and [name]Eli[/name] [name]Manning[/name], [name]Scott[/name] [name]Frost[/name], [name]Tim[/name] Tebow… It always seems like they have the perfect first name/last name match up that creates this rustic/team leader/ “you know he will be something”. I know kind if off track but I love a good quarterback name! Haha!

So true about the quarterbacks. I always am on the lookout for hockey names! There are a lot of generics but a lot of interesting names in the land of NCAA and NHL hockey.

Probably because there are so many international players, but there are so many names. On the Bruins alone:

Zdeno
[name]Marco[/name]
[name]Milan[/name]
Tuukka
[name]Byron[/name]
[name]Vladmir[/name]
[name]Mikko[/name]
[name]Maxime[/name]
Yannik
[name]Levi[/name]
Radim
[name]Yuri[/name]
[name]Trent[/name]

I am in love with the name [name]Dexter[/name], unfortunately almost no one else I talk to likes it.
[name]Griffin[/name] makes me think of [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name], so I don’t know about that one. [name]Gareth[/name] I really don’t like at all.
[name]Gemma[/name] has grown on me, but it’s still not my favorite. I love [name]Anneliese[/name], especially with [name]Annie[/name] as a nickname.

Sorry, I can’t think of any suggestions right now.
But funny you should mention that everywhere you turn someone is expecting - at my high school, 4 of the teachers are pregnant, two of which are my teachers, and one of them is having twins. I’ve excitedly given my English teacher two suggestions already, although she doesn’t know the sex of the baby yet.

I love [name]Gemma[/name], especially since it’s a 33% chance that I will use it with for my [name]April[/name] baby.

Other Girl names i love but will not be using:

[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Coralie[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Dexter[/name]! [name]Dex[/name] is such a great name. The problem with it is the whole serial-killer-TV-show thing. While the show is cool, it’s hard for me to hear that name without envisioning that actor on the dvd cover all splattered in blood. :frowning:

I’ve recently fallen in love with:
[name]Lazarus[/name] (love Laz as a nickname)
[name]Clarity[/name]
[name]Fable[/name]

I love [name]Dexter[/name], too! Unfortunately, the reason I love it is because the show [name]Dexter[/name] is my favorite show. And, well, he’s a serial killer. A lovable one, but still…