It's a...

GIRL!!!

Since I’m only 12 weeks, the tech could only give me 80% accuracy. But she seemed very certain that baby had a little clitoris, not penis (something about the angle?)

I can’t wait to hold [name]Katerina[/name] [name]Ariadne[/name] in my arms!!!

Aww, congrats! I didn’t know they could tell that early. But how exciting, a little girl!

They told my [name]SIL[/name] at her 12 week scan too! I guess it’s not as definitive as the one at 16-20 weeks…but I’ll take 80%!

That is very cool. And the name is perfect, good job!

[name]How[/name] exciting! Girls are so much fun :slight_smile:

Congratulations! :smiley:

Wow, I had no idea they would even venture at guess at gender that early on! Amazing!

Wellll… firstly, congratulations on your healthy baby.

Secondly, this is kind of a hot topic in ultrasonography, whether or not the angle of the genital tubercle at 12 weeks is sufficiently different to make a prediction. [If you saw the genitalia of a female fetus at 12 weeks, you would think it was a boy-- only after this point does the size of the tubercle regress quickly].

Subsequent follow-up scans show that the 12-weeks prediction is very slightly better than 50/50. If it were me I’d wait till the formal anatomy scan before hanging my hat on the findings.

Oh my gosh. That’s very exciting, even if it is a little early to tell! Makes it more real.

I’m going to be around 12 weeks next week, and I will be stoked if they hazard a guess as to the gender. I doubt they are going to indulge me. Maybe it would make all this morning sickness feel more worthwhile, though!

I think they told me pretty early on with our daughter, but the tech was very, very careful to say that they really weren’t supposed to say, yet. Based on the nausea (which is more in line with what I experienced with our daughter than with our sons), I will be shocked if we are not having a girl. [name]Happy[/name] either way, though, (seriously!).

Thank you everyone! I’m not painting any rooms pink yet, but my tech seemed pretty sure she was a girl.

Anatomy scan confirmed (as much as an ultrasound can) that she is indeed a girl :slight_smile:

Ohhh, how exciting! Congratulations! As [name]Blade[/name] said, maybe hold off buying all those pretty dresses until you have your 20 week scan just to be sure, but it’s cool to think you’ve got an excellent chance of having a little girl!

Thank you! I actually did have my anatomy scan today (although I’m 19 weeks, not quite 20 ;)) You can never be sure until the baby is born, but I think this is as sure as I’ll get until then!