It's probably too soon to be talking about

a potential girls name for our future daughter.

When my husband and I started trying for a baby, we had four boys and four girls names written down that we absolutely loved! We are pregnant with a boy who will be named, [name_u]Elias[/name_u] [name_u]Keaton[/name_u]. We thought it might be a cool idea to do a poll for our future daughters name.

These are the four names that we could potentially see ourselves naming our future daughter.

Edit: We’ve changed some names around.

• Calla (means “beautiful” in Green Origin)
  • Lorelei (means “alluring enchantress” in Germain Origin)
  • Alani (means “little rock” in American Origin)
  • Sienna (means “orange-red” in Italian Origin)

The original names we had on our list that we’ve since changed:

• Callie (means “beautiful” in Green Origin)
  • Ashlyn (means “meadow of ash trees” in English Origin)

Which name out of the four do you like? The middle name is yet to be decided.

3 Likes

I got the name [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] from [name_m]Gilmore[/name_m] Girls, and fell in love with it!

1 Like

Callie: A sweet name that would definitely fit well with [name_u]Elias[/name_u].

Alani: [name_u]Alani[/name_u] also means orange tree in Hawaiian. It is a beautiful name.

Lorelei: I think [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] is beautiful, but is too similar in sound to [name_u]Elias[/name_u] for me.

Ashlyn: It’s not my favorite name, and is too different from [name_u]Elias[/name_u] to me. I also felt like I was stumbling through it when I said both names out loud together.

If I had to choose, my first choice would be [name_u]Alani[/name_u] followed closely by [name_f]Callie[/name_f].

2 Likes

I love [name_f]Callie[/name_f] and [name_u]Alani[/name_u] for you!! I agree with PP that [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] and [name_u]Elias[/name_u] have some similar sounds.

1 Like

I love [name_u]Alani[/name_u]! Maybe it sounds a little too close to [name_u]Elias[/name_u] though?

1 Like

My husband and I aren’t big fans on matching sibling names. In saying that, we are open to the idea of it.

Out of the boys names, my husband picked [name_u]Elias[/name_u] and [name_m]Fletcher[/name_m], and I picked [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] and [name_u]Keaton[/name_u].

Out of the girls names, my husband picked [name_f]Ashlyn[/name_f] and [name_f]Callie[/name_f], and I picked [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] and [name_u]Alani[/name_u].

We both have different taste in names haha

I love the name [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] nn [name_f]Callie[/name_f]! I think it’s so elegant and sweet. Some potential mn:
[name_f]Callie[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Callie[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Callie[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_f]Callie[/name_f] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_f]Callie[/name_f] [name_u]Rain[/name_u]
[name_f]Callie[/name_f] [name_f]Nicole[/name_f]

1 Like

Calliope was a name that both myself and husband didn’t like. We did come across it when searching for baby names and liked the shorter version of it, [name_f]Callie[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Callie[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u] from your list. [name_u]James[/name_u] is a name that we don’t like as it’s quite a common first/middle name. Many people did suggest [name_u]James[/name_u] for our son’s middle name but we just didn’t like it.

1 Like

I think if we were to change one name from our list, we’d probably change [name_f]Ashlyn[/name_f] to [name_f]Sienna[/name_f]. What do you all think?

I love [name_f]Sienna[/name_f]. It fits well with [name_u]Elias[/name_u].

1 Like

If we get enough people liking [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] instead of [name_f]Ashlyn[/name_f], we would change it.

1 Like

Callie is a great way to shorten that name! It’s important that you choose what name feels right!

1 Like

Lorelei is great! I’m not usually into “-lyn” names by I do enjoy [name_f]Ashlyn[/name_f]!
[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Asha[/name_f]?

1 Like

I’ve never heard of the name [name_f]Asha[/name_f] before! I quite like it! I’ll have to see what my husband thinks when he gets back from work.

We were going to swap out [name_f]Ashlyn[/name_f] for [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] but we want to wait until there are more people on board with it.

1 Like

You have four really solid choices!!

With [name_u]Elias[/name_u], [name_f]Callie[/name_f] and [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] feel perfect

1 Like

I love [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]!

1 Like

If you were in my position and had to pair a middle name with each of those you suggested, what would you pair with them?

Come to think of it, does [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] sound to close to [name_f]Coraline[/name_f] (my name)? I don’t know why I didn’t think of it sooner but I feel like it’s way to close! Thoughts?

Callie [name_f]Saffron[/name_f] and [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] [name_f]Ashlyn[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite is [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]. :blush: I don’t think it’s too close. The connection is kind of cute.
I would say [name_f]Callie[/name_f] but I prefer [name_f]Callie[/name_f] as a nickname. Maybe for [name_f]Callista[/name_f]?

1 Like