Iune

Opinions on Iune , pronounced Iy-oon
Hawaiian version of [name_u]June[/name_u].

Thoughts on nicknames?
I thought of Iya , [name_f]Oona[/name_f]?

i think it’s nice! reminds me of iona which i also love

i think iune “oona” is adorable!

1 Like

It’s pretty! [name_f]My[/name_f] only hesitation would be on the mainland it would be mispronounced as loon a lot, you’d have to correct people. I also like the association with the [name_u]French[/name_u] word for moon

2 Likes

Iune is intriguing. I quite like the sounds

1 Like

Iune is new to me and so beautiful! I don’t think it needs a nn, but Iya and [name_f]Oona[/name_f] are both lovely :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I dont know how I’d Pronounce Ioon , I think I’d say it the same as Iune unless your meaning more like [name_m]Iron[/name_m]? I-ON?

I really like it! it has a lovely sound and feel.

maybe:

una
ini
yuni
inni

Loon would be pronounced very similar to how you are pronouncing Lune, but without the diphthong in the beginning. So much like the beginning of Louise, if that makes sense. And the only reason I mention it is loon is another word for a crazy person

However I think the slight distinction of the diphthong (ly-oon) distinguishes the name enough to remove it from that association.

I’m pretty sure Iune begins with an I, not a L! :))

Ah!!! :woman_facepalming: You’re totally right! Disregard all of that! I think it’s beautiful!

1 Like

Lol no wonder I was confused about it being pronounced like Loon :rofl: doesnt help the fonts on here make a Capital i look like a lower case L :rofl: I l.

I’m hoping that confusion wouldnt happen to much :woman_facepalming:t3:

2 Likes

I misread it as “loon” (as in “lunatic” at first), because of the font. It took me a minute to work out that it’s IUNE, not LUNE.

I think it sounds nice, though (depending on where you live) Yune may have fewer pronunciation/spelling issues.

1 Like