I've (finally) made combos! Opinions?

I’m not used to doing combos, since my future DH would probably want a say in honor names :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyhow, I got bored and tried to find some middle names for my favorite first names.
The first names are set in stone, but most middle names could be changed.

Please tell me your opinion on:

• [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Athena[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]

• [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] (not sure about [name_f]Matilda[/name_f])

• [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Jensen[/name_u] (does two J names work?)

• [name_f]Alice[/name_f] Freyja [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]

• [name_m]Louis[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] [name_u]Darcy[/name_u]

• [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] (is Emilia too much?)

I’m very open to new middle name suggestions/improvements :slight_smile:
Thanks!!

[name_f]Minnie[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f] is so cute! I really like that. I like the [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], but without it is still so cute.
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Jensen[/name_u] works even with the double J names.
[name_f]Alice[/name_f] Freyja [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] is nice. I really like [name_f]Alice[/name_f] with Freyja. Freyja is on my top of my girls list.
[name_m]Louis[/name_m] is so classic and [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] is a nice touch inbetween [name_m]Louis[/name_m] and [name_u]Darcy[/name_u].
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f] is really cute, but I’m not a big fan of the [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] at the end.
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Athena[/name_f] is really pretty, but lily is so simple. I suggest a longer name of [name_f]Lily[/name_f]. [name_f]Liliann[/name_f] would be pretty with it.

Thank you so much @brigx :slight_smile:
I agree that [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f] is cute, but [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] at the end might be over the top! [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f] might also be better without [name_f]Matilda[/name_f].
I know [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is very simple, but it honors my grandma who I’m very close to so I’m hesitant to change it.

Anyone else?

Hmm…
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Athena[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] - [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] is a really light pretty mythological name. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] has really grown on me and also I love the [name_m]Friend[/name_m]'s connotation with [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] Buffay! It’s great. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] followed up by another mythological name ([name_f]Athena[/name_f]) could be seen as an overkill. But [name_f]Athena[/name_f] does sound pretty sandwiched between [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and the light floral choice of [name_f]Lily[/name_f]. [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] name.

[name_f]Minnie[/name_f] [name_f]Fay[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] - [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] is a family name on the Jewish side of my family. My Great-Grandmother was just [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] and I always thought the name was odd as name in it’s own right. I think [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] works better as a nickname for [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] or could work as a nickname for the second middle name [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]. [name_f]Fay[/name_f] is a pretty fairy sounding name. [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] is also lovely. But the combination as a whole isn’t great.

[name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Jensen[/name_u] - [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] is a really handsome name. [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] has a really wholesome sound it’s a classic. I also love the cheerful nickname [name_u]Ollie[/name_u]. [name_m]Jack[/name_m] is a lovely stable classic and works with [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]. I like how [name_u]Jensen[/name_u] sounds rounding up [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m]. [name_u]Jensen[/name_u] is a really cool surname choice. It’s fabulous. I also love the ‘J’ alliteration too. It’s a great combination.

[name_f]Alice[/name_f] Freyja [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] - [name_f]Alice[/name_f] is a whimsical feminine classic. She works for all ages and is really pretty. Freyja is another mythological name the goddess associated with love, sexuality, beauty, and fertility. It’s an intriguing choice and sandwiched between two classics it’s very elegant. Another great combination.

[name_m]Louis[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] [name_u]Darcy[/name_u] - [name_m]Louis[/name_m] is a nice name it’s a stable classic and works for all ages. [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] is a name that is growing on me (I used to really hate this name) but I still am not keen. [name_u]Darcy[/name_u] is a handsome unisex name but I dislike how the combination works on the whole.

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] - [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] is a lovely Greek name and I love the Odyssey association too. [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] has a great fresh sound and I love the nicknames too [name_u]Penny[/name_u], [name_u]Pen[/name_u], [name_f]Nell[/name_f], [name_u]Nelly[/name_u] they are really endearing. [name_f]Liv[/name_f] is a quirky cool name and [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] is also a really lovely classic. However where they are placed in the combination is off. [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f] sounds far better the flow far more attractive.

I love [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Jensen[/name_u] & [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Athena[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] : )

Thank you so much for your elaborate thoughts @tori101 :slight_smile:
I’m so glad you like [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Jensen[/name_u]! [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] has been my favorite boy name for years and years, [name_m]Jack[/name_m] honors my dad and maternal grandpa who were both names different [name_m]John[/name_m] variations, and [name_u]Jensen[/name_u] is my last name so I thought it would be nice and meaningful to keep as a middle name.

I need to work on [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] and [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] for sure. I agree that [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f] is better.

I love your names choices!

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Athena[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] - there are too many “ee” sounds here.

[name_f]Minnie[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] - [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f] is wonderful, [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] seems tacked on.

[name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Jensen[/name_u] - this works, it’s cute, retro-sounding and snappy.

[name_f]Alice[/name_f] Freyja [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] - it all flows together nicely, but it’s too polite-sounding for my taste.

[name_m]Louis[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] [name_u]Darcy[/name_u] - gorgeous name!

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] - it seems like [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] is too much. [name_f]Liv[/name_f] seems nearly dwarfed by the size of the [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], and [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] looks good but it’s a mouthful out loud.

Suggestions:

[name_f]Athena[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f]
[name_f]Minnie[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]
Freyja [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f]

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Minnie[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f]
Freyja [name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Liv[/name_f] Freyja [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_f]Athena[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f]

Other suggestions:

[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f]
Freyja [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]
Freyja [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]

Immediately thought that [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] [name_f]Athena[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] would improve both combos. ^^ You have a lot of interesting and beautiful names here, so it’s an excellent starting point!

I also agree that [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f] flows a little better, but I would swap one of the long ones for something with a different rhythm. [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_f]Athena[/name_f] is better, I also think [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f] could work. Or Freyja [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f].

[name_f]Alice[/name_f] Freyja [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] and [name_m]Louis[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] [name_u]Darcy[/name_u] are good the way you’ve done them.
I’m not fond of the J sound at all, so I’m struggling with [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Jensen[/name_u]. There’s nothing wrong with it (although I might like the flow of [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_u]Jensen[/name_u] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] more, but it depends on the surname), I just don’t like it. (doesn’t help that I dislike surname-names as well :P)

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Athena[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] - [name_f]Athena[/name_f]'s not really my thing, but I think [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] _____ [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is really cute! I’m not sure what I’d suggest instead. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Ariadna[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] was my first thought–which I like better–but I don’t like the transition between [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and [name_f]Ariadna[/name_f]. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Juliana[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]?
[name_f]Minnie[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] - not really a fan of any of the names, but it sounds nice together. I think [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f] is more my thing, but [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] sounds just fine, too.
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Jensen[/name_u] - I love the [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Jensen[/name_u] part, actually! I think, as a whole, [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_u]Jensen[/name_u] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] would probably flow a bit better, but I love [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Jensen[/name_u] a lot!
[name_f]Alice[/name_f] Freyja [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] - it works really well just as it is! The combo flows well, and [name_f]Alice[/name_f], Freyja, and [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] pair so well together.
[name_m]Louis[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] [name_u]Darcy[/name_u] - I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] all three names, and think the flow is very good–I’m just not sure I like how the combo “looks”, which is very silly of me, but a lot of my combos are based on aesthetic appeal rather than sound or meaning, which explains why I’ve tried to use combos like [name_f]Eleni[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] and [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]. :slight_smile:
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] - Perfection!!! Omgoodness, don’t change a thing. [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f] is also nice, but [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] is just perfection. I adore it!

I’m sorry if I sound very lacklustre about them all–while I respect and don’t dislike most of the names on your list, I don’t love them, either ([name_f]Minnie[/name_f], [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], [name_f]Alice[/name_f], and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] in particular), and I didn’t want to disparage them, because they’re all perfectly nice names–just not my style. I hope my responses were at least somewhat helpful, though! (I mainly just wanted to comment on how gorgeous [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] is–I can’t get over it! So quirky and cute-feminine and intelligent. I love her!)

Wow guys, thank you all so much!
It’s my first time really doing combos, so I’m glad I can count on the nameberry community for opinions and help :slight_smile:

I’m gonna see if I can get a few more replies, and then I’ll go over the list again to see what should be changed!

• [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Athena[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] It’s a beautiful combination, even though I’m wary of [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] in general. (I adore [name_f]Athena[/name_f] with all my heart and soul, though!)

• [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] (not sure about [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]) Too tiny; I think a person could grow out of “[name_f]Minnie[/name_f]” or even “[name_f]Minnie[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f]” way too quickly. I personally love [name_f]Matilda[/name_f].

• [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Jensen[/name_u] (does two J names work?) Wow! I love this! It’s fun and handsome.

• [name_f]Alice[/name_f] Freyja [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] A name fit for a queen. :slight_smile:

• [name_m]Louis[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] [name_u]Darcy[/name_u] I’ve never seen [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] and [name_u]Darcy[/name_u] together, but it works so well!!

• [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] (is [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] too much?) Adorable combo. [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] is the perfect touch; the cherry-on-top. Be aware though that [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] is on a fast track to USA baby-name stardom.

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Athena[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] - I really like this. The flow is just beautiful. [name_f]Athena[/name_f] is a GP name for me. I also associate [name_f]Lily[/name_f] with love because of [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] :slight_smile: Gorgeous name.

[name_f]Minnie[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] - [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] is super cute. I love alliteration, personally, so I’d totally go with [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f]. That’s just me, though.

[name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Jensen[/name_u] - Handsome! The alliteration, again, is definitely my thing.

[name_f]Alice[/name_f] Freyja [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] - [name_f]Alice[/name_f] is so classic and pretty. Same with [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]. Freyja gives such a modern touch to this name, which I love.

[name_m]Louis[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] [name_u]Darcy[/name_u] - I’m not too keen on [name_u]Darcy[/name_u], but [name_m]Louis[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] is wonderful.

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] - I agree that [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f] works a little better, but it’s still such a pretty combo.

You have great taste! :slight_smile:

This is such a funny coincidence. My maternal grandmother’s name was [name_f]Althea[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] [name_f]Libby[/name_f]. My mom’s name is Fayalene ([name_f]Fay[/name_f]), my father’s name is [name_m]Jack[/name_m], my paternal grandmother’s name was [name_f]Alice[/name_f], and [name_u]Jensen[/name_u] is one of my all-time favorite names.

• [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Athena[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] - I love this combination. All three names are great on their own, too. (I keep hoping that someone in my family will use [name_f]Althea[/name_f], [name_f]Athena[/name_f], [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_f]Lilliana[/name_f], or [name_f]Thea[/name_f]/[name_f]Thia[/name_f] in honor of my grandmother.)

• [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] - I like [name_f]Faye[/name_f] and [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]. I’m not a fan of [name_f]Minnie[/name_f]. Sorry. I think of [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] more as a nn, though, I think the flow works.

• [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Jensen[/name_u] - I’m not usually a fan of [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], but I like the combo and I love [name_u]Jensen[/name_u].

• [name_f]Alice[/name_f] Freyja [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] - I prefer [name_f]Elise[/name_f] to [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and [name_f]Freya[/name_f] to Freyja. I really like [name_f]Freya[/name_f] and [name_f]Catherine[/name_f].

• [name_m]Louis[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] [name_u]Darcy[/name_u] - I really like this combination. [name_m]Louis[/name_m] isn’t something I would choose, but I like the three names together. [name_m]Louis[/name_m] [name_u]Gray[/name_u] [name_u]Darby[/name_u]?

• [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] (is [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] too much?) [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] is not my favorite, but I like [name_m]Penn[/name_m]. [name_f]Liv[/name_f] and [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] are cute, but I think [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Alivia[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] or [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Livia[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] sounds better. I don’t think [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] is too much, but [name_f]Liv[/name_f] may be too short. [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f], [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Jade[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f], [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f], [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Renee[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f], [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f], [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f].

Thank you so much everyone. I’ll do some revising and probably return with another thread soon :slight_smile: