Ivy fae & Iris Wren too similar?

Hey berries

My daughter is [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Fae[/name] and i adore her name even though in the time since i named her [name]Ivy[/name] has gained hugely in popularity. Naming her was easy though as i had a dream in very early pregnancy that i had a little girl called [name]Ivy[/name].

No such luck this pregnancy so i’m having to actually think about names and teh one i keep coming back to for a girl is [name]Iris[/name] [name]Wren[/name] but i’m really hesitant that it’s just too similar.

If i am having another girl i do want it to flow like [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Fae[/name], we call her [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Fae[/name] most of the time not just [name]Ivy[/name] so i would like first and middle to be around 3 syllables that flow together.

So what do you think I am so torn over loving the name and thinking it’s just too matchy :confused:

ETA: Argh now i’m really annoyed that i didn’t capatalise the F in Fae in subject heading :frowning:

Oh and just to say, i didn’t think i wanted another name beginning with I or a nature theme, i just really like the sound of [name]Iris[/name] [name]Wren[/name] together, if we had another baby i would be doing the same, picking names i liked not trying to fit a theme.

Nobody want to share an opinion? That’s not like you berries, normally we have something to say on every topic!

Yeah I think they are too similar, sorry… They are both beautiful, but [name]Iris[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name] already have a very similar sound and even the middle names are kind of close to each other. I think it would be a bit confusing. Also they are so similar that every name you give to #3 will probably stand out as very different.

I wouldn’t use [name]Iris[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name] as a sibset.

Thank you ladies, i had decided no ages ago as i do think they are too similar.

[name]Just[/name] struggling to come up with a name i love as much as [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Fae[/name], hopefully bump will be a boy as i find that much easier!

[name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Iris[/name] aren’t really going to work together for siblings, [name]IMO[/name]. Not both for first names anyway.

[name]Wren[/name] could be usable as a middle name, still. But I think you need to get further away from [name]Ivy[/name] for the first name. It’s not that its BAD. I get having a style too, I do that myself where a bunch of my favourite names kinda sound the same. But I can’t use all of them, you know?

Anyway, [name]Wren[/name] is a nice middle name for working with lots of first names. I would try some new ones.

If you love it, use it.
The “I” part sound of both names is quite strong but the endings are quite different.
Ideally, a different mn or a slightly different first name would make the names a little more distinctive from [name]Ivy[/name].

Perhaps:
Eirlys the Welsh name has a similar feel/ sound but is prn AYR-liss

Yeah I agree that [name]Iris[/name] is too close to [name]Ivy[/name]. You have some other lovely names in your signature - [name]Calla[/name], [name]Sage[/name]. I wonder if [name]Violet[/name] is also a bit similar though - if she makes a nn [name]Vi[/name] it’s v similar to [name]Ivy[/name]!!

What about these combos/suggestions:

[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Fae[/name] & [name]Calla[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Fae[/name] & [name]Calla[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Fae[/name] & [name]Calla[/name] Aven
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Fae[/name] & [name]Maeve[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Fae[/name] & [name]Maeve[/name] [name]Calla[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Fae[/name] & [name]Maeve[/name] [name]Iris[/name]

I think [name]Maeve[/name] or [name]Calla[/name] would be lovely with [name]Ivy[/name].

I love ynnig’s suggestion of [name]Calla[/name] [name]Wren[/name].

I like [name]Calla[/name], [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Wren[/name] better with [name]Ivy[/name].

Great suggestion.

Go with another I name maybe?
[name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Indigo[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] and [name]India[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Isolde[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Imelda[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Isabel[/name]

[name]Wren[/name] [name]Calla[/name] is our new favourite. I suggested [name]Wren[/name] to hubby as a middle name and he wanted it as a first much to my surprise!

Eirlys is a lovely name but as proud Scots we wouldn’t use something so Welsh. The same applies to [name]Maeve[/name] which is noticeably Irish, i’m not restricting us in any way to Scottish names just would rather avoid ones that really stand out as being obviously from somewhere else in UK IYKWIM.

Now i have to convince hubby about [name]Calla[/name], he doesn’t like [name]Violet[/name] anyway so that’s out. Really must update my sig!

Find out in 28th what flavour bump is so all this hair-pulling over perfect girls name might be for nothing anyway!

Hubby likes [name]Wren[/name] [name]Calla[/name], was mildy worried what his parents would think being over 70 but he reckons his mum will think it sounds gaelic so thumbs up!

I like [name]Wren[/name] [name]Calla[/name].
[name]Wren[/name] [name]Sage[/name] sounds nice with [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Fae[/name] too.