Ivy or Margot?

Okay, down to two likely names: [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]. Likely middle for [name_f]Margot[/name_f] is [name_f]Astrid[/name_f], likely middles for [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] might be [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f], or [name_f]Louise[/name_f]. Thoughts/preferences? I know [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] is much more common, but I don’t actually know anyone by that name. Somehow I know a lot of Margots–although it’s an unusual name, by the numbers.

I like [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Astrid[/name_f]. [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] would work, as would [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]. [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] is good too but it is just a bit more childish than [name_f]Margot[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] is my favorite of the [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] combos. I’m on the fence about [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] b/c it’s a lot of repetitive v’s…but it does flow okay. [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f] is fine but it is sort of boring, [name_f]IMO[/name_f].

I really like both. I like the suggestion of [name_f]Margo[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] and even [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f]. But if using them both isn’t an option I think [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] is really pretty.

I adore the name [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and I love the combo [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Astrid[/name_f]. It’s Beautiful and unusual! I also like the suggestion of [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f].

Thanks! Using [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] is definitely an option. I am intrigued by [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]…

I like the idea of [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] myself (or [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] if two middle names is an option). Otherwise, [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] gets my vote.

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]! [name_u]Love[/name_u] those two names, and I don’t think it’s childish. I think it can really be grown into. [name_f]Louise[/name_f] really adds a touch of maturity.

Good luck! I hope I helped.

[name_f]Margot[/name_f] is beautiful and gracious but I find [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] more personally grabbing - it’s the vividness, the wildness of [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] for me. I think I respond especially strongly not just to botanicals but to the wild “strong” plants that create an image not just of tender petals but of strength as well. And [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] is one of the most classic of those “strong botanicals” for girls. And I love that in victorian flower language it symbolizes faith and faithfulness.

And I find visually a three letter name is always strong and punchy for me. [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]. Slim, green, vital.

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] would appeal to me.

But if I had to choose, I would go with [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]. I am not normally a huge fan of [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] but [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] works, even if personally I prefer some of the other -bel names. ([name_f]Annabel[/name_f] and [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f] especially). [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] is a name I love but [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] is a lot of “v.” [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Gillian[/name_f]? [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f]?

[name_f]Giselle[/name_f] could be an option too. To me it’s more interesting than [name_f]Louise[/name_f] but has that same iambic rhythm that makes [name_f]Louise[/name_f] flow well in the middle.

I think [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] is such a beautiful, dreamy name. I absolutely love the combination, even with all of the v’s!

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] is beautiful. Go with that!

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] takes the cake. I love how gentle, beautiful, and sweet it is!

I prefer [name_f]Margot[/name_f], but not with [name_f]Astrid[/name_f].

This! Totally agree:)

[name_f]Margot[/name_f] is great but I can see her getting “[name_f]Marge[/name_f]” as a nn and well, that’s just not my style/ [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] would be fabulous too!

[name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] is very unexpected but quite lovely. The most original and refreshing of all you names [name_f]IMO[/name_f].

Great names, both. I love Margot more, but I really like the look of them together. I prefer Ivy Margot to Margot Ivy.

Otherwise my faves are Margot Louise, Margot Astrid, and Ivy Isabelle. Good luck!