Ivy

love this name

Thanks!

[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] is my favorite and I think it goes well with your sib set.

I love [name]Ivy[/name]! I think [name]Ivy[/name] goes fine with [name]Violet[/name], mainly because I think of [name]Ivy[/name] more as a nature name than a flower name–almost like [name]Willow[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] as opposed to [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Lily[/name] or [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Rose[/name]. I think [name]Robby[/name], [name]Violet[/name], and [name]Ivy[/name] are really cute together.

I think [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is really cute and I like the idea of the double name. In that same vein I love the idea of [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Catherine[/name], nn [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Kate[/name]. I also really love [name]Juliet[/name], though, and [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] is perfect! I’m not a fan of [name]Susannah[/name], though, and I do think the meanings of [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Susannah[/name] together are a bit tacky… but [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] are lovely!

Good luck!

I love love love [name]Ivy[/name] too! I’ve been really upset in the last few months because of its rise in popularity thanks to [name]Beyonce[/name] and the new show Smash on NBC. It is not going to keep us from using it, though. We have chosen [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] for our daughter due in [name]April[/name].

I think [name]Ivy[/name] will work with your sib set and I agree with you that it is better to have a name that you love rather than a name that “works”. I like [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] the most followed by [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. I’m not a big fan of [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Susannah[/name] because I think [name]Susannah[/name] is too soft to go with [name]Ivy[/name]. I like the sound of the middle having some hard consonant sounds, but that is just me. :slight_smile:

Sorry, but I’m not a fan of [name]Ivy[/name] and I think it will be popular since [name]Beyonce[/name] and [name]Jay[/name]-Z chose [name]Blue[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] for their daughter. Also, [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name] sound a little too V heavy to me. I’ve seen a post started by you about [name]Dahlia[/name], right? I think [name]Dahlia[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] sound so much better.

Yeah, that’s another fav

[name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] are darling sister names!

Aw. Thanks!! I’m just glad it doesn’t sound silly together and actually I think violet and ivy are really sweet together. My fav combos are [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Juliet[/name], [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] ( continues the A mn theme) and [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. But I think [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] just sparkles!

I love ivy and violet together! I think ivy mazarine would make a good name with the right last name. I also like ivy with [name]Renee[/name], [name]Josephine[/name], [name]Louise[/name] and athena.

Thanks! [name]Ivy[/name] Mazarine wouldn’t sound good with my last name, but thank you for the suggestion :slight_smile:

Honestly, I love [name]Ivy[/name] as a nickname for [name]Violet[/name], and I think they’re a little too similar in a sib-set.

I love [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Amelia[/name], though :slight_smile:

good advice!

[name]Ivy[/name] is very high on my list. I’m a bit perturbed that [name]Beyonce[/name] and JayZ used it, but it’s not like I can control everyone. Her older brother is [name]Evan[/name] and I just love how [name]Evan[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name] sound together. Her middle name would probably be [name]Lynn[/name]. I prefer the middle name to flow versus sound hard and separate. :slight_smile:

I think I prefer [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Jane[/name], just to continue with the sweet and simple style of [name]Ivy[/name].

[name]Violet[/name] & [name]Ivy[/name] are just about OK together…

Thanks girls! :slight_smile:

It is so funny that all of you are choosing [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] to go together. My mom’s name is [name]Violet[/name] [name]Mae[/name] and my name is [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. She told me that one day when she was younger she was introduced to a Scottish man; he asked her if her nickname was [name]Ivy[/name]…which is why many years later when I was born she named me [name]Ivy[/name].

Incidentally I named my own daughter [name]Eilish[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]. [name]Eilish[/name] is the Gaelic form of [name]Elizabeth[/name], so I guess I am carrying on the tradition of naming my daughter after myself—but in a non-traditional way. :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] as well!!