J.G.F & V.E.C

I’m very happy to announce the safe arrival of our twins: [name_m]Jago[/name_m] [name_m]Gregory[/name_m] [name_u]Finch[/name_u] and [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_f]Eilidh[/name_f] [name_f]Clover[/name_f]. They arrived on the 27th of [name_u]March[/name_u] (which is Mother’s [name_u]Day[/name_u] here in the UK) at 34+6 weeks and both are doing well. [name_f]Verity[/name_f] had to spend two days in the neonatal unit but both are all doing well and we are all due to go home in the next day or so if we get the all clear, thankfully Verity’s time in the neonatal unit was mainly for observation and tests and [name_m]Jago[/name_m] only spent a few hours in there, also for observation and tests. We have a great neonatal community team in our area so the twins can can be discharged to the team’s care after only a few days after the birth which I am truly thankful for, both babies are just struggling a little with eating but otherwise are healthy and thriving.

[name_m]Jago[/name_m] arrived at 7:34AM and weighed in at 4lbs15oz and [name_f]Verity[/name_f] arrived at 7:42AM after some turning by the midwife and she weighed in at 4lbs7oz.

We chose [name_m]Jago[/name_m] for our boy, I love how strong it sounds and it suits him so well. We were torn between [name_m]Sholto[/name_m] and [name_m]Jago[/name_m] for most of pregnancy but when we met him we felt that [name_m]Jago[/name_m] was the right choice for him.
[name_m]Gregory[/name_m] is to honour my grandpa who passed away in [name_u]February[/name_u], he was so excited to meet his first great-grandchildren and I’m so sad that he didn’t get to meet them but I like to think he is with them in spirit thanks to his name being used.
I decided to give the babies a second middle that is a little more “whimsical” (as my fiancé puts it) and I loved [name_u]Finch[/name_u] for a boy and I like the To Kill A Mockingbird link and that finches symbolise joy and happiness.

Verity’s name took a little more work to be honest, we were pretty sure we wanted to use [name_f]Flora[/name_f] for a girl but when we met her she just didn’t feel like a [name_f]Flora[/name_f] and we felt that our back up of [name_f]Oona[/name_f] didn’t suit her either, we went back and forth a wee while and I was really beginning to feel some anxiety about naming her and then we focused in on [name_f]Verity[/name_f]: I was looking through a journal that I’ve been using for keeping records and memories of lots of different aspects of my pregnancy and I had a section with list upon list of names that I love but had not been on the official list and was reading them out loud for my fiancé and [name_f]Verity[/name_f] just felt so right and we love it and think it has a strength to it whilst still being feminine and I love virtue names so much so I’m so happy I got to use one for my little girl!
[name_f]Eilidh[/name_f] is to honour my fiancé’s grandmother [name_f]Aileen[/name_f] who my fiancé idolises and who pretty much raised him as both his parents worked so much/did night shifts when he was child so he has so many lovely memories with her so it was important to honour her.
I chose [name_f]Clover[/name_f] for the second middle name as I felt that [name_f]Verity[/name_f] needed a little bit of luck what with being in the neonatal unit for a little while and clovers symbolise luck and good fortune.

I hope that the symbolism of their second middle names are carried through their lives and that they will both be joyful, happy, lucky, and fortunate; they have most definitely brought forward these feelings in their besotted parents.

From our little family we want to thank every one who helped us name little [name_m]Jago[/name_m] and [name_f]Verity[/name_f], your input has helped enormously and we are very grateful.
:heart::heart::heart:

47 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations, very nice names!

Congrats :heart:
[name_m]Jago[/name_m] & [name_f]Verity[/name_f] are fantastic names.

1 Like

Congratulations! I absolutely love the family name + “whimsical name” middle name pattern you came up with, and they go with their first names so well.

2 Likes

Congratulations!! So happy you and babies are doing well :heart: Their names are perfect!

1 Like

Congratulations! [name_m]Jago[/name_m] and [name_f]Verity[/name_f] are great names and match each other so well

1 Like

Congratulations! Their names are wonderful!

1 Like

Congratulations! [name_u]Love[/name_u] their names.

1 Like

What an absolutely gorgeous set of names :heart:Congratulations

1 Like

Wow, so very many congratulations @lunette! What brilliant news and absolutely stunning names. [name_m]Jago[/name_m] in particular is one I’d use in a heartbeat myself if I could, and I love it paired with [name_f]Verity[/name_f] :two_hearts:

Wishing you all a very speedy recovery!

1 Like

congratulations! their names are wonderful.

1 Like

congratulations! what darling names! glad to hear all is well for the most part.

welcome jago and verity! :dizzy:

1 Like

Congratulations!

Such lovely names always had a soft spot for [name_f]Verity[/name_f] :two_hearts:

1 Like

Congratulations :heart: What very cool and meaningful names!

1 Like

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Congratulations!! [name_f]Beautiful[/name_f] names!

1 Like

congratulations!! lovely names you chose and the meaning behind them makes them even better! welcome to the world [name_m]Jago[/name_m] & [name_f]Verity[/name_f]!

1 Like

congratulations! I love their names! hope both you and babies are doing well!

1 Like

Congratulations!

[name_m]Jago[/name_m] & [name_f]Verity[/name_f] sound great together

1 Like