Sibling name continued

I posted a few weeks back and debated updating that post but my current name search has altered a bit so new post it is…

[name_f]My[/name_f] third little one is due this summer. They will be joining older siblings [name_m]Jabez[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] and [name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Blessing[/name_f]. We are a Team [name_u]Green[/name_u] family so a boy and girl name have been on the search…

After much brainstorming (with you all helping :grinning:) and talking with hubby we’ve narrowed our girl possibilities to [name_f]Trinity[/name_f] and [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f].

With boy names were kinda of still where we started. Hubby likes [name_m]Gideon[/name_m]. I’ve been team [name_m]Jairus[/name_m] and both of us are slow to liking the others choice. With posting on here last time I think we’ve come to realize some things. A word name for a fn just isn’t gonna happen.

I’m writings for a couple things:

1. [name_m]Jairus[/name_m] vs [name_m]Gideon[/name_m]? Maybe you can help us be swayed in one direction or another. I will say the hang up for each of us is the nickname potential. Hubby really dislikes the sound of “[name_m]Jairo[/name_m]”. I’ve never even suggested it he just hears [name_m]Jairus[/name_m] and defaults to [name_m]Jairo[/name_m]-related names period. [name_f]My[/name_f] hang up with [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] is what seems like the default nn’s as Gidge or even worst to me “Giddy”. I don’t like the idea of Giddy being used against them when they are having a bad day. Cause bad days are inevitable to everybody.

I don’t even know why nn’s are so big in either of our thoughts. With our two kids we got on the nn train of thought and honestly family came up with some we never thought of and so did we. And the ones we thought of ore-birth didn’t stick or barely have… but alas here we are.

1. When I was brainstorming names I came up with some girl names that had zero biblical connection but had some fantastic meanings attached. When hubby and I were going over “the list” he said “those names are good and I could see any of them working if we didn’t like [name_f]Trinity[/name_f] and [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] more.” With boy names I just haven’t found any names that appeals to me that has a good meaning attached to it. but his saying that made me think with all the names out there I should probably try to find some out.

We are pretty settled on the middle name [name_u]James[/name_u]. [name_m]Just[/name_m] lookIng to brainstorm more boy name ideas to go with it. Not looking for anything popular but nothing too out there, with a good meaning attached. And I learned last night hubby doesn’t want anything over 3 syllables.

Thank you for reading this and for any ideas!

2 Likes

[name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] would be so handsome, and it works so well with big brother and sister! [name_m]Jairus[/name_m] is too similar to [name_m]Jabez[/name_m] for my liking. [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] or [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] would also fit in with your sibset!

2 Likes

We have a [name_m]Job[/name_m] and a [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] and I like how they are both a “b” and long “o” but not too matchy (we call them [name_u]Joby[/name_u] & [name_u]Bo[/name_u]). That being said, I’d go with [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] :sweat_smile: sorry your DH has my vote, lol but probably because I have long loved this name and I think it matches well but not too obviously.

I don’t think it would become a NN Giddy unless you pushed for it. I don’t think [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] lends itself to much harassment as a full name. :woman_shrugging: Kind of out there, but maybe you could nickname him [name_m]Geo[/name_m].

Both [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] and [name_m]Jairus[/name_m] are great though.

You just made me reconsider [name_f]Blessing[/name_f] as a middle name too! :blush:

2 Likes

Agree with this too! [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] is spectacular.

[name_m]Jairus[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] might be a bit much :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes
  1. I definitely like [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] over [name_m]Jairus[/name_m] myself. I also think the different initial and cadence will help it feel more distinct from [name_m]Jabez[/name_m]. I wouldn’t be too worried about a nickname; [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] is simple enough that it doesn’t need shortened. Finally in my case for [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] here, I think [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] sounds much better as a combo.

2. Here are some names (both Biblical and non-Biblical) with strong meanings that came to mind for you:
    [name_m]Griffin[/name_m]
    [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]
    [name_m]Garrett[/name_m]
    [name_u]Barrett[/name_u]
    [name_u]Malin[/name_u]

Overall, I think [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] is so handsome and works very well with [name_m]Jabez[/name_m] & [name_f]Esther[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_f]Trinity[/name_f] is very pretty. For the boys, I like both of your names, [name_m]Jairus[/name_m] and [name_m]Gideon[/name_m]. If you can’t agree, perhaps [name_m]Justus[/name_m] or [name_u]Justice[/name_u] as a compromise name…?

1 Like

Absolutely [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]. Wow, that’s amazing.

Nicknames can stem from anything often they have no connection to the actual name at all, so if your families are on the nn train, it’s likely whatever nn will evolve won’t have anything to do with his name.

1 Like

I love [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]. I like [name_m]Jairus[/name_m] but I agree with a previous poster who said it is too similar to [name_m]Jabez[/name_m]. Other possible [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] nicknames could be [name_m]Deon[/name_m], [name_m]Don[/name_m], Gid, [name_m]Gad[/name_m].

1 Like

I’m not exactly sure how to to pronounce [name_m]Jairus[/name_m]? Either way I do much prefer [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] especially with [name_u]James[/name_u] as a middle. I don’t think “Giddy” or Gidge is necessarily going to come up. It’s the sort of name that to me doesn’t really lend itself to nicknames and I don’t think it needs one. However, you could come up with a totally unrelated one if you want him to have one (ie [name_m]Buddy[/name_m], etc) It sounds solid, classic, but unique and goes well with your other names and theme.

Some other suggestions: [name_u]Ezra[/name_u], [name_m]Elijah[/name_m], [name_u]Jonah[/name_u], [name_m]Boaz[/name_m], [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m], [name_m]Matthias[/name_m], [name_u]Micah[/name_u], [name_m]Tobiah[/name_m]/[name_m]Tobias[/name_m], [name_m]Solomon[/name_m], [name_u]Neriah[/name_u]

[name_f]My[/name_f] top picks would be:
[name_m]Jabez[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Blessing[/name_f], and [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Jabez[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Blessing[/name_f], and [name_m]Tobiah[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Jabez[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Blessing[/name_f], and [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Jabez[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Blessing[/name_f], and [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]

1 Like

Ooooh [name_m]Geo[/name_m] is a good suggestion! And actually [name_f]Blessing[/name_f] was the very first name hubby and ever agreed on. We’ve always been Team [name_u]Green[/name_u] so [name_m]Jabez[/name_m] had a 50/50 of being [name_f]Esther[/name_f] :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you for the suggestions!

Thank you. We’re very much Big time leaning toward [name_f]Trinity[/name_f]. At the moment, think it fits best with our last name. As I’ve told you we’re very attached to the mn [name_f]Joy[/name_f] so we’re just sitting on both name options still to make sure we like the double worded name of [name_f]Trinity[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]. [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] is the back up cause hubby and I do like the thought of [name_f]Maggie[/name_f].

Thank you for the suggestions!

Gideon [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Alix[/name_u] sounds perfect! I think you have it!