Jack Finnegan or Jack Everett?

Ok so a while back I posted about DH’s love of [name]Jack[/name] as a first name and [name]Finnegan[/name] as a possible mn. Well I am 90% sure I have accepted [name]Jack[/name], but that [name]Jack[/name] [name]Finnegan[/name] could be too much of a good time boy and [name]Jack[/name] [name]Everett[/name] may be a little more dignified. Thoughts? Impressions? His big sis is [name]Quinn[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name] and our last name is two syllables and ends in -er.

Wait, DH is picking the first AND middle name? That doesn’t quite seem fair…

No, he’s picking first, I’m picking middle, sorry for the confusion! So which one do you like, if either?

I think I prefer [name]Finnegan[/name], but they’re both good choices.

[name]Jack[/name] [name]Everett[/name] flows better and you’re right, it sounds more dignified too.
[name]Jack[/name] [name]Finnegan[/name] sounds like you may be trying too hard, just a little.

Actually, while I agree it sounds more dignified, I don’t think [name]Jack[/name] [name]Everett[/name] has very good flow. It’s horrible, I mean it’s definitely useable, but good flow isn’t something I would associate with it.

I’m a little confused, is it horrible or usable, can it be both at the same time??

I think [name]Jack[/name] [name]Finnegan[/name] goes very well with [name]Quinn[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name], however, do you have and Irish or Scottish ln? If not, I would go with [name]Jack[/name] [name]Everett[/name].

I think [name]Jack[/name] [name]Everett[/name] is very handsome. [name]Jack[/name] [name]Finnegan[/name] sort of makes me want to break out into a Riverdance.

Lol at phoebesmom. I completely agree. And I don’t think the flow of [name]Jack[/name] [name]Everett[/name] is bad at all. In fact it gives you a 1-3-2 rhythm with your last name and they don’t end in the same sounds.

lol about the Riverdance, the funniest thing is that DH said “[name]Jack[/name] [name]Finnegan[/name]” made him want to do a jig, so I think that reaction is common and not really the reaction I want my child’s name to attract! :lol:

I’m really sorry! I meant to write it’s NOT horrible. I think [name]Jack[/name] [name]Everett[/name] is definitely useable if that’s what you prefer, but it’s not a name that makes me think to myself wow that has great flow.

[name]Jack[/name] [name]Everett[/name] sounds perfect.

I love the flow of [name]Jack[/name] [name]Everett[/name]! I wish we knew what the last name was…ending in “er” doesn’t really help.

It’s [name]Carter[/name]. [name]Jack[/name] [name]Everett[/name] [name]Carter[/name]. Same 1-3-2 syllable flow as my DD.
Thanks!

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Jack[/name] [name]Everett[/name] [name]Carter[/name]. I think you have a winning name!

Definitely [name]Jack[/name] Everrett

I was reading through this thread, waiting for my moment to tell you how much I love [name]Jack[/name] [name]Finnegan[/name] and I didn’t think riverdance at all, and [name]Finnegan[/name] is so unfortunately underused… And then I read your last name was [name]Carter[/name]. … [name]Jack[/name] [name]Everett[/name] [name]Carter[/name] just really WORKS!

Thanks for so many thoughtful responses!! We are loving it, too, I think we’ve got our name :smiley: (even though I won’t admit it to anyone until after the birth, I can’t officially commit!)

Are you ok with [name]Jack[/name] [name]Carter[/name] having the same k sound at the end of [name]Jack[/name] and beginning of [name]Carter[/name]?
That would bother me. [name]Just[/name] wanted to point it out if you didn’t notice. I would want to hear everything about a name before it goes on the birth certificate. You don’t want namers remorse.