Jackie and Chrysanthemum

Two questions:

1. How do you feel about [name_m]Jack[/name_m] nn [name_u]Jackie[/name_u] for a boy?
  2. Is [name_f]Chrysanthemum[/name_f] a crazy idea for a girl’s middle name? Cute? Too cute/silly?

Ok maybe another question. What do you think of [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Herschel[/name_m] and [name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Chrysanthemum[/name_f] as siblings?

I think it works well. I prefer [name_m]Jack[/name_m] as a nn for [name_m]John[/name_m] even when the person exclusively go by [name_m]Jack[/name_m]. [name_f]Chrysanthemum[/name_f] is definitely a lot but it’s in the middle spot so who cares. [name_f]My[/name_f] biggest worry is that she won’t be able to spell her middle name until middle school.

2 Likes

Jack is cute! [name_m]Can[/name_m]’t say I’m the biggest fan of [name_u]Jackie[/name_u], but it works.

Chrysanthemum is beautiful. I can see how it might seem too much, but I really like it anyway.

Jack [name_m]Herschel[/name_m] and [name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Chrysanthemum[/name_f] are :ok_hand:

1 Like

I would,not use ot,for a MN, no

1 Like

I think both work well! [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Chrysanthemum[/name_f]!

1 Like

They sound fun to me.

My only caveat would be avoiding [name_f]Ava[/name_f] because I know so very, very many.

1 Like

@ElizabethAntoinette That’s so funny and so true about the spelling!

@katkabet That book might be my inspiration… and the flower is pretty too!

@LynnG Thank you for the Dr. Seuss style feedback for a Dr. Seussish name. I’m almost certain that it would get (reasonably) vetoed anyway but I’m not sure I would do it either!

@Harvest-Endellion Yeah it’s actually #1 in my state but I don’t care much about there being a bunch of other ones. I grew up one of many and never cared… though I did think my middle name was boring. [name_f]My[/name_f] [name_f]Ava[/name_f] alternate is [name_u]Nova[/name_u] which I also like a lot.

2 Likes

I like [name_m]Jack[/name_m] nn [name_u]Jackie[/name_u]. It’s cute and quick.

Chrysanthemum is bold but it makes an unexpected middle

1 Like

chrysanthemum is so pretty as an mn!! [name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Chrysanthemum[/name_f] is stunning! [name_m]Jack[/name_m] nn [name_u]Jackie[/name_u]’s cute, though I prefer [name_u]Jackie[/name_u] on a girl. The combos are really pretty!!

1 Like

Jackie reads as feminine to me. Also, nicknames are typically shorter than full names.

I love [name_f]Chrysanthemum[/name_f]! It’s gorgeous and I like it as a first name, but I feel like for most people it’s only usable as a middle name. So, it works!

Jack and [name_f]Ava[/name_f] go well together. [name_m]Hershel[/name_m] and [name_f]Chrysanthemum[/name_f] are pretty different from each other, so I feel like those are mismatched. Maybe [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Valerian[/name_m] and [name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Chrysanthemum[/name_f]?

1 Like