Jackson and Hudson...too similar for brothers?

[name_u]Hudson[/name_u] and [name_m]Jackson[/name_m] are my #1 and #2 favorite names. Are they too similar to be brothers? The whole -son ending is throwing me…I don’t know… What do you guys think?

I agree, the -son ending makes them too similar sounding to me. They just feel like second options to each other.

I don’t think they are too similar. Sure they both have a “son” ending but other than that they are distinctly their own names. Outside of NB I don’t think people would even bat an eye.

I feel they are too similar for siblings. What about [name_m]Jack[/name_m] and [name_u]Hudson[/name_u]? I love [name_u]Hudson[/name_u], I know a young man name [name_u]Hudson[/name_u]!

Would having two sons with -son names bother you? If not, then I think it’s fine.

If you hadn’t pointed it out I’m not sure I would have noticed right away… I think because the emphasis is on The first syllable it’s not as obvious to the casual listener.

I don’t think the boys would care.

But I understand how it might bug you.

One thing to consider is if you think you might have a 3rd child. Three “-son” names is kinda weird and [name_m]Jackson[/name_m], [name_u]Hudson[/name_u] & “[name_u]Noah[/name_u]” might be more strange.

I think that they are too close for comfort. [name_m]Jack[/name_m] and [name_u]Hudson[/name_u] wouuld work better. Or maybe one son could have either [name_m]Jackson[/name_m] or [name_u]Hudson[/name_u] as a middle name and the other son has the other name as a first name

I like them together. I think they’re both good, strong boy names with a similar feel but not too close. My boys are [name_m]Jackson[/name_m], [name_u]Parker[/name_u] and [name_u]Hudson[/name_u] though so I’m a little partial :wink: