Jagger-Rose for a girl?

Too much??

This actually quite intrigues me. Not sure on the hyphanated name however. Maybe [name]Jagger[/name] as a First and [name]Rose[/name] as a MN.
love NN Jag too, sure if [name]Jasmine[/name] can be [name]Jas[/name], surely [name]Jagger[/name] can be Jag.
Heard of many babies receiving the names [name]Axl[/name] and [name]Hendrix[/name], so why can’t [name]Mick[/name] be honoured?

I’m not a fan of [name]Jagger[/name] for a girl. [name]Rose[/name] is lovely though. I’m hoping the other Berries will be nice to you on this one, they can get pretty brutally honest about names like this. :frowning:

I think this would be definitely a lot for a little girl. I see the coolness for sure, and it has a nice rhythm, so points there : D, but it might be like too much cool. [name]Jagger[/name] is just so masculine - it’s not just Mr. [name]Mick[/name], but also the fact that it makes me think of “jagged” and “dagger” and “hunter” (because of [name]German[/name] jaeger). People won’t be expecting it on a girl, so you’ll probably get lots of hard times hearing it. Plus, the two r’s blur into each other, so it’ll just sound like Jaggerose. If she’ll regularly go by just [name]Jagger[/name], or Jag, I guess that makes it easier (although I bet Jag will get heard as [name]Jack[/name] sometimes fwiw). [name]Rose[/name] [name]Jagger[/name] or even [name]Rose[/name]-[name]Jagger[/name] might be easier. [name]Do[/name] you like those? What about [name]Jagger[/name] appeals to you? The sound? The meaning? Is it a family name (that changes some of the considerations here, I think). As I was writing [name]Hunter[/name], I was thinking [name]Hunter[/name] [name]Rose[/name] or [name]Hunter[/name]-[name]Rose[/name] might also be good. Annarose is an all-feminine smoosh that has a similar rhythm. What do you think of those? Good luck whatever you decide!

She may get teased. Jagga-[name]Rose[/name]!

When choosing a baby name I always ask myself if I would want to be named that. For boys, I ask my husband if he would like that as his name.
Personally, I wouldnt want to be called [name]Jagger[/name]-[name]Rose[/name]. … What about [name]Briar[/name]-[name]Rose[/name] ?

To be perfectly honest, I don’t even like the name [name]Jagger[/name] for a boy. It sounds overly macho and somewhat violent. I couldn’t even imagine a little girl named [name]Jagger[/name].

I dislike this name for either gender. It sounds made up and overly masculine.
I guess it wouldn’t be too bad for a boy, but I strongly dislike this for a girl.
[name]Rose[/name] on the other hand, would make a beautiful first name. :smiley:

I can’t see [name]Jagger[/name] on a girl. It’s too harsh.

Unless you’re 100% sure your daughter is going to be a rebellious, spikes-and-chains-wearing bad ass, I would not name her [name]Jagger[/name]-[name]Rose[/name]. [name]Jagger[/name]-[name]Rose[/name] and [name]Axl[/name] [name]Rose[/name] are so similar that I would actually assume your daughter was a boy.

I actually really like the sound of [name]Jagger[/name] on a girl, it doesn’t sound overly masculine to me, but then again, I’m not a native English speaker (Dutch actually). It might take some getting used to for the people surrounding you, but as I am typing this it is really starting to grow on me so perhaps it will do the same on others.

I do have a problem combining it with [name]Rose[/name], the names just seem to become one when I say them out loud. If it’s the floral aspect of [name]Rose[/name] you like, perhaps combining it with another flower? [name]Jagger[/name] [name]Violet[/name] comes to mind. Or [name]Jagger[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]?

[name]Jagger[/name] is okay to me, for either sex It’s [name]Rose[/name] that I really do not care for.

Sounds like Jaggerose to me.

Sorry, don’t care for it. I don’t even particularly like [name]Jagger[/name] on a boy (sounds like the parents are trying way too hard to be cool) but on a girl, it’s even less appealing. Big thumbs up for [name]Rose[/name], though.

I would definitely NOT name her that. I do like [name]Rose[/name] with not with [name]Jagger[/name] – too much [name]Mick[/name]!!

Honestly I would avoid [name]Jagger[/name] for a girl or a boy. I agree with the poster who commented that it looks/sounds like dagger which is definitely a negative.

Dreadful, I’m afraid for all the reasons above.
[name]Rose[/name] is nice though!