James for a little girl

Blake Lively and Ryan’s oldest daughter is named James and I love to see it being used on a girl
What are your opinions on it? What middle would you pair it with?

2 Likes

I’m not a fan. I have nothing against gender bending names but I think [name_u]James[/name_u] is tired and overused on boys so it’s not exciting on a girl to me either.

8 Likes

I think [name_u]James[/name_u] is a very charming name for a little girl. I would pair a more feminine middle name with it, so she has the option of a girlier name if that’s her personality.

[name_u]James[/name_u] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_f]Isabel[/name_f], [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]. Something like that.

1 Like

I am obsessed with [name_u]James[/name_u] for a girl but unfortunately not many people agree with me LOL.
I would pair it with a more feminine middle name:

[name_u]James[/name_u] olivia
[name_u]James[/name_u] [name_f]Elle[/name_f]
[name_u]James[/name_u] kay

1 Like

I love it for both

1 Like

I actually like [name_u]James[/name_u] better for a girl and would considering using it (only for girls)
I agree that it’s overused on boys and just not exciting anymore

If I were to use it i’d definitely go for a girly middle as well:
[name_u]James[/name_u] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]
[name_u]James[/name_u] [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]
[name_u]James[/name_u] [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]

[name_f]Reverie[/name_f] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_f]Avalon[/name_f] [name_u]James[/name_u]

[name_u]Halston[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] is probably my favourite!

1 Like

I really dislike the name the name [name_u]James[/name_u] so it doesn’t appeal to me, but I don’t disagree with it being used on a girl

[name_u]James[/name_u] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_u]James[/name_u] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_u]James[/name_u] [name_f]Mirabelle[/name_f]
[name_u]James[/name_u] [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]
[name_u]James[/name_u] [name_f]Lucille[/name_f]
[name_u]James[/name_u] [name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_u]James[/name_u] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]
[name_u]James[/name_u] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_u]James[/name_u] [name_f]Calliope[/name_f]
[name_u]James[/name_u] [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f]
[name_u]James[/name_u] [name_f]Harriet[/name_f]

1 Like

i love it for both! i have it on my master list, and i was trying to find a good middle name for it, but there weren’t any helpful websites for james on a girl.

james lorelai
james cecilia
james briar
james daphne
james eleanor
james margaret
james scout
james stephanie
james alexandra

1 Like

Matilda James :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Halston James is 100% unisex and Stunning

1 Like

i used to be strongly against it and i still don’t like it but i don’t dislike it as much. i think it would be better in the middle, with a very feminine first.

Elizabeth James
Eleanor James
Katharine James
Estella James
Lucilla James

2 Likes

I really hated [name_u]James[/name_u] on a girl for a long time, but since around probably a year ago, I’ve been a big fan! I think it feels really charming, as another user said. [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] is the only combo coming to mind :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i actually really like it !!
sadie robertson named her daughter honey james and i absolutely love it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

This I agree with completely.

2 Likes

I don’t mind “boys” names on girls (for example I love Murphy) but I wish people would be as open to “girls” names on boys. I think there’s definitely a double standard where a little girl [name_u]James[/name_u] is a cute tomboy but a little boy [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] is teased and their parents are told off. I also think that even though gender neutral names are more common that there are certain names that are still strongly gendered and [name_u]James[/name_u] is one of them- she will probably be misgendered pretty often so it’s something to weigh in the decision making process. Personally I prefer [name_u]Jamie[/name_u] though [name_u]James[/name_u] on a girl can be made into a really cute combo.

5 Likes

James Delilah is adorable!!!

Personally I’m not a big fan of [name_u]James[/name_u] on the birth certificate, I would probably go with [name_f]Jamesina[/name_f] or [name_u]Jamie[/name_u] and then call the kid [name_u]James[/name_u].

2 Likes

It took me a while to get this point but I’ve grown to really like [name_u]James[/name_u] for a girl, specifically in the middle name position. However, I would never/can’t use it and appreciate those who do!

1 Like

This is probably because my brother, grandpa, and a couple family friends are named [name_u]James[/name_u] - and because it’s my top pick for a little boy myself (as an honor name), but … I just can’t see it! Everything about the name seems masculine to me. But to be fair, I don’t even love Jamie/etc. as a girl name. So I could be an odd one out!

1 Like

I dislike [name_u]James[/name_u] in general, but don’t like it on a girl any more or less than a boy. [name_u]James[/name_u] doesn’t strike me as heavily masculine anyway, but probably because I associate it closely with [name_u]Jaime[/name_u] / [name_u]Jamie[/name_u], of which I’ve known many more girls.

1 Like