James??

Sorry to post yet again, we would just like a little more feedback before we commit. Is [name_u]James[/name_u] too common??

I’m a teacher and have taught 120+ middle schoolers this year. Only one has been named [name_u]James[/name_u]. I definitely think it depends on where you live, but I’ve always been surprised about its SSN popularity compared to its [name_m]IRL[/name_m] popularity. I love [name_u]James[/name_u] and the nn [name_u]Jamie[/name_u]!

I know a couple little boys with the middle name [name_u]James[/name_u] but none with it as a first name. I don’t think it is too popular in the US.

I know many, many, many but they’re at a wide variety of ages. I don’t think it’s going to be a name where you will have more than 2 in a class. But you are going to meet a lot of people with the name - spread out across multiple generations. But since it is an enduring classic, the name isn’t likely to feel trendy. For me, it’s sort of like a [name_u]Michael[/name_u], [name_m]John[/name_m], or [name_m]David[/name_m]. I much prefer [name_u]James[/name_u] as a first name than a middle as it’s more overused as a middle name.

I really like the name [name_u]James[/name_u]! I don’t think it is too common, though I haven’t looked at it’s popularity listing. I think it seems to be more common as a middle name than as a first, honestly. It’s a good name! Easily recognizable, easy to spell, and I think very strong and sweet.

I love [name_u]James[/name_u]. I’ve only ever known a few.

Most of the males I know named [name_u]James[/name_u] actually go by their middle name or a nickname. It’s amazing how few of them actually go by [name_u]James[/name_u].

I have taught many, but never two in the same class. I think it’s popular for a reason: it’s so versatile! It goes with most names (first, middle and last) and seems to suit a variety of personalities. I also love [name_u]Jamie[/name_u], [name_m]Jimmy[/name_m] and [name_u]Jem[/name_u] as nicknames.

I love the name [name_u]James[/name_u]! So cute, but I don’t think that it’s too common.