Jane Elspeth Violet

WDYT? I’m not Quite sure as to how you say [name]Elspeth[/name], could someone help? But what do you think of this combo? [name]Elizabeth[/name] is a family name and violets are important to me.

Thanks!

My first reaction is to switch the names around to [name]Jane[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Elspeth[/name] because [name]Jane[/name] flows into [name]Violet[/name] nicely and then [name]Elspeth[/name] is very structured at the end with all its consonant blends. There are three consonants next to each other in [name]Elspeth[/name] - l, s, and p. [name]Elspeth[/name] is pronounced [name]ELL[/name]-speth, I think. I love that name so much.

Please dont use the name [name]Elspeth[/name]. I have a cousin named [name]Elspeth[/name] it looks and sounds bad. She constantly has to repeat her name and spelling. There are tons of different variants to [name]Elizabeth[/name]. [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] are very nice names.

If you live in an area where people read a lot and you hang out with people who love unusual names, you can use [name]Elspeth[/name]. But if everyone around you has popular or trendy names, use [name]Eliza[/name] or [name]Elizabeth[/name]. Also think about where you might move in the next eighteen years because you might move to a place that is very different than where you live now.

[name]Jane[/name] [name]Elspeth[/name] [name]Violet[/name] is just incredibly beautiful! The flow is good, the names are amazing and it is feminine without being frilly or too out-there, but also not too popular.

I disagree with the above posters; [name]Elspeth[/name] is a perfectly fine name for spelling and prononciation in my experience - it is completely phonetic, and besides, you are using it as a mn - how often do people actually need to know and spell that?

Go for it, and good luck!

I’m sorry - I wasn’t very clear. I love the name [name]Elspeth[/name], and if you aren’t worried about what other people think, use it as a middle name. But if you are concerned, there are always [name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name]. For one of my children, I used a middle name that was very unusual at the time - at least where I lived. I have always been very satisfied with it.

Middle names hardly ever come up in daily life, so even if where you live, they might think it’s too weird, it’s in the middle and not too many people will have to handle it or not handle it well. I like interesting names in the middle best, because it is that sort of a secret that you don’t have to tell everyone and then it’s something kind of cool about you.

Only in the first position does worrying about whether the name fits in the local culture matter. I think [name]Eliza[/name] is pretty also, the whole thing is pretty. Depending on the last name, I think switching [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Elspeth[/name] may work - if your surname begins with TH or P or SP, or has an [name]EL[/name] sound or an ETH (including ESS or ETT sound, [name]Elspeth[/name] is better before [name]Violet[/name]. [name]Say[/name] them all together both ways round to see if one sounds better next the last name; I don’t mind it either way.

I think [name]Jane[/name] [name]Elspeth[/name] [name]Violet[/name] is beautiful, but to my ear, [name]Jane[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Violet[/name] has a better flow. Either way, I think it’s gorgeous, and I really love [name]Elspeth[/name]. :slight_smile:

I can’t wait to see your next great combo! :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone! [name]Jane[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Violet[/name] is very pretty but is it too plain? And do you thonk two middle names are too much?

Thanks!

Two middle names aren’t too much at all! In fact, the vast majority of people I know have more than one middle name (I live in [name]England[/name], and it is very usual practice over here).

[name]Jane[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Violet[/name] is also beautiful, and not plain at all - [name]Violet[/name] spices it up a little, so to speak. It does actually flow a little better than [name]Jane[/name] [name]Elspeth[/name] [name]Violet[/name], too, although I still adore [name]Elspeth[/name].

Good luck!

I think it is a lovely combo.