Jane, Gianna, Jeanne, Joan, or...

See the results of this poll: Which one do you like best?

Respondents: 32 (This poll is closed)

• Jane : 13 (41%)
  • Gianna : 4 (13%)
  • Joan : 4 (13%)
  • Johanna : 4 (13%)
  • Jean(ne) : 1 (3%)
  • Giovanna : 2 (6%)
  • Siobhan : 4 (13%)
  • A different one (add to the replies?): 0 (0%)

I voted for [name]Joan[/name], but I also love [name]Jane[/name] & [name]Jean[/name]/[name]Jeanne[/name].
All were on my list, but [name]Joan[/name] is so strong & lovely…but sadly sounds awful with my husband/in-laws Russian accent.

[name]Jean[/name] might travel best when you consider that aspect…

I honestly couldn’t vote. lol. [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Olive[/name] [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Eleni[/name] [name]Giovanna[/name] [name]Kate[/name] are both on my list–[name]John[/name] is a family name so I’m a big fan of those, and I’m seriously considering [name]Johanna[/name] if I can figure out a way to use [name]Posy[/name] as a nn for it. Or not. But I really do like [name]Johanna[/name], just not sure where to put it. As a FN I think I like [name]Johanna[/name] best, but as a name in general, I think I love all three equally.

Oh very hard!

1. [name]Siobhan[/name]
  2. [name]Giovanna[/name]
  3. [name]Gianna[/name]

@taz- [name]Joan[/name], [name]Jeanne[/name], and [name]Jane[/name] rotate as my favourites, but I’m on a [name]Joan[/name] kick at the minute, too :slight_smile: The problem with [name]Jean[/name] is that it’s a super common man’s name in French (and since I’m Canadian living nearish [name]Quebec[/name], that’s a consideration!), but I like [name]Jeanne[/name] as a solution for that problem. Most of the time. I kind of prefer the simplicity (in English) of just [name]Jean[/name], though.

@ash- oh, I like [name]Johanna[/name] nn [name]Posy[/name]! [name]Johanna[/name] [name]Persephone[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]? [name]Johanna[/name] [name]Sylvie[/name] [name]Primrose[/name]? [name]Johanna[/name] Peronel [name]Sophie[/name]?

@dantea- yay, a [name]Siobhan[/name]! I love that name. I also like Seona, [name]Sian[/name], and [name]Sinead[/name], but had to choose…

I wanted [name]Siobhan[/name] on my list so badly but people on here and my husband all convinced me not to because I already have some hard to spell and pronounce names on my list >.<

…hmm. [name]Siobhan[/name] seems like one of the familiar Irish ones to me (along with [name]Niamh[/name], [name]Sinead[/name], [name]Caoimhe[/name], [name]Aoife[/name], and [name]Saoirse[/name]). Maybe if [name]Niamh[/name] and [name]Saoirse[/name] (through Ms [name]Ronan[/name]) become more familiar, you could renegotiate?!

lol, you’re the only other person I’ve found that likes [name]Johanna[/name] nn [name]Posy[/name]! I had heard of [name]Johanna[/name] nn [name]Josie[/name] a while back, and with [name]Josephine[/name], my mind automatically links [name]Josie[/name] and [name]Posy[/name], so it seemed to work to me. I really don’t think there’s any connection for [name]Johanna[/name] and [name]Posy[/name], really, though–even [name]Johanna[/name] nn [name]Josie[/name] is a bit of a stretch. I had thought of maybe using two flower names, and thus creating a “posy” in her name–[name]Johanna[/name] [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Rose[/name] or [name]Johanna[/name] [name]Lily[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] or [name]Johanna[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Primrose[/name]–but then it seems like her nn is based on her MN, which I really didn’t want, and the two-flower thing still seems really cheesy to me. I don’t know. I want there to be enough of a connection between [name]Johanna[/name] and [name]Posy[/name] that it actually makes sense to some people, though.