Jane/Janice?

My mothers name is [name]Janice[/name] [name]Leigh[/name]. I’ve always wanted to honor her when we have a daughter. I’m not a huge fan of either of her names. If we use [name]Leigh[/name], even though I know it will be after my mother, I’ll still feel like it was just tacked on the end, and [name]Janice[/name] is just not that pretty and doesn’t flow well as a middle name.

My hubby had the idea yesterday that we take “ic” out of [name]Janice[/name] and use [name]Jane[/name] as a second middle name in her honor- what do you think? Somethings like [name]Alice[/name]/[name]Gloria[/name]/[name]Helena[/name] _____ [name]Jane[/name]. I don’t think our current MN favorite, [name]Marcheline[/name], flows well with [name]Jane[/name].

Thanks in advance, ladies:)

[name]Jane[/name] is one of my favorite girls’ names.

I like [name]Jane[/name], but you could also use [name]Leigh[/name] on the end of a name just spelled differently.

Examples:
[name]Coralie[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name]
[name]Hadley[/name]
[name]Jolie[/name]
[name]Kylie[/name]
[name]Wylie[/name]
[name]Finley[/name]
[name]Kinsley[/name]
[name]Marlee[/name]
[name]Waverly[/name]

I’m a big proponent of using the person’s actual name to honor them. Especially as it seems you will have two middle names, I think [name]Janice[/name] is just fine and seems a stronger connection to your mother. Lots of people say you can honor someone by just using the same first letter, etc but that’s not my personal preference. With a longer middle like [name]Marcheline[/name], a two syllable first might be nice. [name]Helen[/name] [name]Marcheline[/name] [name]Janice[/name]/[name]Helen[/name] [name]Janice[/name] [name]Marcheline[/name] sounds beautiful imo. [name]Alice[/name] would work but I don’t like how it has the same ‘ice’ ending as [name]Janice[/name]. If you’re not worried about the number of syllables, [name]Helena[/name] [name]Janice[/name] [name]Marcheline[/name] works well too.

[name]Hi[/name]! I think that [name]Jane[/name] is a great way to honor [name]Janice[/name], not only because it’s [name]Janice[/name] without the “ic,” but because [name]Janice[/name] is actually a variation of [name]Jane[/name]. I love [name]Jane[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Helena[/name] [name]Jane[/name] (I love just [name]Jane[/name] in the middle)
[name]Helena[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Jane[/name] (I’m pronouncing [name]Helena[/name] as [name]Helen[/name]-uh)
[name]Helena[/name] [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Helena[/name] [name]Margot[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Helena[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Helena[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

[name]Alice[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

(The sss ending in [name]Alice[/name] attaches to the first letter of the middle name, so I’d personally avoid combos like [name]Alice[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] or [name]Alice[/name] [name]Mirabel[/name], which sound like “scare” and “smear” to me when I say them out loud. Also, any P middle, like [name]Alice[/name] [name]Penelope[/name], will sound like “lisp” when [name]Alice[/name]'s sss sound attaches to the P.) :slight_smile:

[name]Gloria[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Gloria[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile: