Jane Lumiere?

WDYT of [name]Jane[/name] Lumiere? Lumiere is French for light!

Thanks again!

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]JANE[/name]! Lumiere has a really nice sound, but it absolutely reminds me of that candelabra on Beauty and the Beast! I’d prefer [name]Jane[/name] [name]Lucienne[/name]… [name]Lucienne[/name] also means light in French! Another option would be [name]Esme[/name], which means beloved in French!

I like it! It’s nice. Most people don’t use middle names too much so you can go for something offbeat in that spot.

[name]Le[/name] [name]Belle[/name]&[name]Le[/name] Bete!

That’s what I first thought of albeit young kids her age will probably not have seen Beauty&the Beast! I tried talking to some 6 and 7 year olds about the movie the other day, and they hadn’t heard of it!!! WHAT IS THIS?? I believe I watched [name]Snow[/name] White and Sleeping Beauty when I was little, and those came out when my grandparents and parents were kids! Anywho…Lumiere is all right. Sounds slightly pretentious.

I think it’s very pretty, but I have to admit that I, too, thought of the candlestick from Beauty and the Beast.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thank you all! I forgot about the candlestick but I still love it! Keep it comin’

I think of the candlestick, too.

What about other names that mean light?

[name]Jane[/name] [name]Bettina[/name] - [name]Bettina[/name] can be a form of [name]Bertha[/name] which means bright and glorious
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Celestina[/name] - [name]Celestina[/name] means heavenly
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Estelle[/name] - [name]Estelle[/name] means star
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Helena[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Leocadia[/name] - [name]Leocadia[/name] means splendid brightness
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Leonora[/name] - [name]Leonora[/name] is a form of [name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name] - [name]Seraphina[/name] means fiery
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Tallulah[/name] - [name]Tallulah[/name] means leaping waters, somehow that makes me think of light
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Taliesin[/name] - [name]Taliesin[/name] means shining brow
I love [name]Jane[/name] [name]Leonora[/name] and [name]Jane[/name] [name]Celestina[/name]!

What about names that mean white?

[name]Jane[/name] [name]Bianca[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Fiona[/name] - [name]Fiona[/name] means fair
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Mairwen[/name] - on another website, this means white
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Rosalba[/name] - I really love this combo. It has amazing soul.

I disagree about Beauty and the Beast, way too many kids [name]WILL[/name] have seen it for it not to become an issue. Also because of the reference I can’t help but think of it as very male.

Oh my god WICKED AWESOME! I love the idea of a whimsical mn with something more classic. I think it’s very much in vogue but also classy and timeless.