Jane Margot or Janie Margot

See the results of this poll: Do you prefer Jane Margot or Janie Margot?

Respondents: 25 (This poll is closed)

• Jane Margot : 18 (69%)
  • Janie Margot: 8 (31%)

Name-wise, I prefer [name_f]Jane[/name_f], however, flow-wise, [name_f]Janie[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] wins for me as I just tend to prefer 3-syllable + names with one syllable first names.

I agree with @Opheliaflora. I prefer [name_f]Jane[/name_f] on its own, but I find [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] too short.

I agree with the above comments. I chose [name_f]Jane[/name_f] as the better name for a formal name - she can always be called [name_f]Janie[/name_f]. Having said that, I think [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] is a strong and classic combo.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Jane[/name_f], can’t stand [name_f]Janie[/name_f]. Takes away all the class of [name_f]Jane[/name_f], to me.

I voted for [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f]. I love its classic, serious feel. [name_f]Janie[/name_f] can always be a nickname for [name_f]Jane[/name_f] anyways.

Thank you much.

She was [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_f]Janie[/name_f], and [name_f]Birdie[/name_f]. I think a [name_f]Jane[/name_f] can be called [name_f]Janie[/name_f] and a [name_f]Janie[/name_f] can be called [name_f]Jane[/name_f]. Personally for me, because there is honoring involved, [name_f]Janie[/name_f] does not take anything away from [name_f]Jane[/name_f].

I think I prefer [name_f]Jane[/name_f]. I am not a nicknamer but in this case I think she would get [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_f]Janie[/name_f], and [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f]. I called my son by his first and middle names for several years.