Jane. Need advice

Husband loves the name. Its growing on me. My concern is it doesnt go with our last name.

What do you think of this:

[name]Jane[/name] *yme (rhymes with lime, time)
[name]Jaine[/name] *yme

Too short? [name]Both[/name] one syllable names…which is why I think it sounds odd to me.
What is your opinion.

Middle name thoughts?

I love [name]Jane[/name] so much. It is my daughter’s middle name and I sometimes wish I had saved it for a first name. That said, I do think it can sound a bit abrupt with a one-syllable last name.

Well, if she gets married to a man with a last name that doesnt go well with her name, she will have to live with it. So, if you like it, name her that.

I like [name]Jayne[/name], though, for the spelling. Dont get me wrong, [name]Jane[/name] is really cute, but I like [name]Jayne[/name] better.

Good luck!

XOXO,
[name]Bella[/name]

I think [name]Jane[/name] is lovely name. I quite like short first and second names. [name]Just[/name] think of all of the famous people throughout history who had one syllable names: [name]John[/name] [name]Wayne[/name], [name]Bruce[/name] [name]Lee[/name], [name]Doris[/name] [name]Duke[/name], [name]Ted[/name] [name]Turner[/name], [name]Anne[/name] [name]Frank[/name] etc…Short,sweet and to the point! You can always have a longer middle name to balance it out. You can consider [name]Jean[/name] or [name]Joan[/name] as well. But I say if you like [name]Jane[/name], go for it! Good luck!

Thanks! and good point. Ahh, the subborn part of me doesnt want to agree with the husband! He always seems to pick the “better” names or he seems to convince me.
My other hold out favorite is [name]Claire[/name].

I think it is fine! Maybe not ideal, but it can certainly work, I think. It isn’t a rhyming name like [name]Jane[/name] Pain, so you’ve got a leg up on that front, and I think something like [name]Jane[/name] [name]France[/name] or [name]Claire[/name] [name]Wilkes[/name] can be just as powerful as [name]Jane[/name] [name]Remington[/name] or [name]Claire[/name] Buckingham. The key is finding the right middle name to seal the deal. It seems like you both like one-syllable first names, so I think it is best you come to terms with it and search for the perfect middle name. Something long, elegant, and feminine would be perfect…

[name]Jane[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] “Rhyme”
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Cornelia[/name] “Rhyme”
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] “Rhyme”

You get the picture…

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I love the name [name]Jane[/name]. It would be on my list if both my name and my future husband’s names wouldn’t also start with J. It’s on my middle name list.

[name]Remember[/name] that she’ll probably get married one day, so her last name may not always be one syllable.