Jane vs Sophie

See the results of this poll: Which do you like more?

Respondents: 39 (This poll is closed)

• Jane : 31 (79%)
  • Sophie: 8 (21%)

I’m in the same boat - I adore [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]/[name_f]Sofie[/name_f], but worry it’s too common because of all the Sophias. Honestly, though, if you really love it, then just embrace it. I was surprised when we had some family choose [name_f]Emma[/name_f] a few years ago - why would they pick such an overwhelmingly popular name? - but it suits her perfectly. For as popular as they’re made out to be, I really haven’t met tons of Emmas or Sophies, or even Sophias, for that matter. You do you!

I actually like both names, and [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]! I actually haven’t met any little Sophies under 12, and I know one [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] and one [name_f]Jane[/name_f] under the age of 5! I don’t think you could go wrong with either name, really. I suppose I do prefer [name_f]Jane[/name_f] but only slightly!

[name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] is great!

I’m not too keen on either. [name_f]Jane[/name_f] still feels too old lady to me as a first but I don’t mind it as a middle. I like the sound of [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] but I’m just not keen on top 50 names. From my experience having a popular name it gets kind of annoying and confusing to be going by [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] A. [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] B etc and it gets tiring constantly meeting people with your name. Another reason I don’t love [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] is because names that have a/e endings ie [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] often get called [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] and vice versa by mistake.

I prefer [name_f]Jane[/name_f], but still like [name_f]Sophie[/name_f].

I just believe that [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is less likely to be confined into a single age group and it’s less common these days. Also, depending on your area, there may be quite a few [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]/[name_f]Sofia[/name_f]'s running around and they may use [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] as a nickname. There aren’t many [name_f]Jana[/name_f]'s and [name_f]Janna[/name_f]'s, at least not here in the states. [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] is lovely as well!

I prefer [name_f]Jane[/name_f] over [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]. [name_f]IMO[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] is a bit plane whilst [name_f]Jane[/name_f], even being traditional, looks less popular. [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] is amazing!

Hello :slight_smile:

I personally love [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] and don’t feel its used enough. Its always [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] as you said.
When I was a little girl I got two puppies and named them [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophie[/name_f], so [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] always holds a special place for me.

I think its so cute as classic. I like [name_f]Jane[/name_f]. But would take [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] any day.

I love [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]! It’s fresh and funky but also classic and down to earth

[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] is lovely too. It has a nice softness. [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] is more popular but it’s not overly so

I really, really like both. [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] is probably my favorite of the two, but they’re both great names. I think it mostly would come down to how much popularity is an issue for you, which is a matter of personal preference.

Thanks for all the votes and feedback so far! I definitely like getting outside opinions. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] is a great name.

[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] is cute, but I tend away from nickname names. [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is freshly vintage, elegantly youthful. I pretty much adore it. Neither are my style, but [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is just too great to not vote for.

I’m shocked people are saying they don’t know any young Sophias/Sophies! They are rampant in my area. Not a fan at all. I love [name_f]Jane[/name_f] on the other hand, especially with the nickname [name_f]Janie[/name_f]. [name_f]Jane[/name_f], hands down over the generic [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] imo!

While [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] is a lovely name, it is very popular. I know a lot of Sophies/Sophias and it takes the shine away for me. I think [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] is a gorgeous combo – [name_f]Jane[/name_f] sounds so fresh and funky paired with the right middle! Definitely [name_f]Jane[/name_f] for me.

Thanks, everyone!

I am pretty in love with [name_f]Jane[/name_f] at the moment, and it seems like the vote is overwhelmingly in her favor anyway! :smiley:

Leaving it open, if anyone else wants to cast a vote or weigh in.

I prefer [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]. I loved that name as a child, and I have a lot of positive associations with it.