Jane...

[name]Hi[/name] everyone! I must have a thing for short and sweet baby girl names…

I have posted a few times with the name [name]Quinn[/name] for a girl. Well, out of the blue, I absolutely fell in love with the name [name]Jane[/name]. I’m afraid that she will get teased with “Plain [name]Jane[/name]” jokes or “G.I. [name]Jane[/name]” jokes. [name]Do[/name] you think this is an issue? I’m also afraid it’s too “old” of a name…wdyt? I also love [name]Lilah[/name] and [name]Sadie[/name]. Does [name]Jane[/name] go with [name]Lilah[/name] and [name]Sadie[/name] as a sib-set? Does [name]Quinn[/name] go better?

Any middle name suggestions for [name]Jane[/name]? I have come up with these so far:
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name] (Mad-uh-line)
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Clara[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Harper[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Parker[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
Thanks!!

I love [name]Jane[/name] - it’s short, simple and practically nickname proof. These are all qualities I like in a name. I think [name]Jane[/name] goes better with [name]Lilah[/name] and [name]Sadie[/name] rather than [name]Quinn[/name]. As [name]Jane[/name] is only one syllable, I would pair it with a two or more syllable middle name with a little more feminine flair (eg. your suggestion of [name]Jane[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] is very pretty!). I would avoid unisex names like [name]Jane[/name] [name]Parker[/name]. Here are some suggestions. Good luck!
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Magdalene[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Natalia[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Simone[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Tallulah[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Cosima[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Lavinia[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Corinna[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Mirabel[/name]

I love love [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Jane[/name]! I think it is a fabulous name. It is sweet, strong and feminine. Familiar but fresh again. When I think of a [name]Jane[/name], I think of only good qualities. I like it much better on a girl than [name]Quinn[/name], but that is just my opinion of course. I think both names go well with your girls names.

[name]Jane[/name] is very sweet. [name]Love[/name] nn [name]Janie[/name] :slight_smile: my favorite combo is [name]Jane[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name]

I like [name]Jane[/name] a lot, and it’s miles better than [name]Quinn[/name]. [name]Jane[/name] is classic and sophisticated, while [name]Quinn[/name] is trendy and masculine. I think it goes better with [name]Lilah[/name] and [name]Sadie[/name], anyway-- I would expect a [name]Quinn[/name] in that sibset to be a boy. I absolutely love [name]Jane[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]! What about:

[name]Jane[/name] [name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Camille[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Estella[/name]

[name]Jane[/name] is a classic but not too common and everyone knows how to spell it. I think that children of your LO’s generation won’t even know about GI [name]Jane[/name] or have heard the expression “plain [name]Jane[/name]”. I like [name]Jane[/name] [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Jane[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name], [name]Jane[/name] [name]Elouise[/name], and [name]Jane[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. GL

I think this name is beautiful! I actually know a [name]Jane[/name] who is twelve years old and loves her name; she has a unisex middle name, so everyone alternates between calling her “[name]Jane[/name]” and “[name]Jane[/name] ____.” Go for it! (I actually like [name]Jane[/name] better than [name]Quinn[/name], although I think [name]Quinn[/name] is a fun name).

Recently, I’ve come to love the name [name]Jane[/name]. There is a girl called [name]Jane[/name] in my class this year and I guess she really opened my eyes to the name. Before I met her, the only [name]Jane[/name] I knew was a former teacher who was older. However, I think this name is both sweet and elegant. It definitely ages well and isn’t extremely popular, but pretty well-known so people will know how to pronounce and spell her name. Out of all the previous suggestions, I like [name]Jane[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] the best. I think it has the best flow and a coordinating style. I would picture a [name]Jane[/name] fitting in with a [name]Sadie[/name] and a [name]Lilah[/name] more than I’d picture a [name]Jane[/name] and a [name]Quinn[/name]. Good luck and I hope this helps!

Oh, how I love [name]Jane[/name]. My daughter is [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Jane[/name] and sometimes I really regret using [name]Jane[/name] in the middle, though I love her name as a whole. I don’t think ‘plain [name]Jane[/name]’ applies anymore, as any young [name]Jane[/name] will stand out among the ubiquitous frilly Isabellas and Sophias.

I love [name]Jane[/name] so very much! I do think [name]Quinn[/name] is darling on a little girl and is a fun name (as I said in your post about middle names for [name]Quinn[/name]) but I love how [name]Jane[/name] is undeniably feminine. I love how it is simple but so very lovely, wonderful, and sweet at the same time. With [name]Lilah[/name] and [name]Sadie[/name] (great names by the way!) I think [name]Jane[/name] goes better, as [name]Lilah[/name] and [name]Sadie[/name] are undeniably feminine names just like [name]Jane[/name].

I love your combos of [name]Jane[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] and [name]Jane[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]!

I also love many of the suggestions the others gave, especially mischa’s suggestions of [name]Jane[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name] & [name]Jane[/name] [name]Penelope[/name], karenp’s suggestion of [name]Jane[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name], and irisrose’s suggestions of [name]Jane[/name] [name]Louisa[/name] and [name]Jane[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]!

Here are some other ideas:
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]

Best wishes!
~*~Nameseeker3

[name]Jane[/name] is definitely “current”. My 11 year-old son has 2 [name]Janes[/name] in his class…it is his favorite name and we would use it for a daughter but his name is [name]James[/name]…that would be too confusing! As it turns out, we’re having twin boys so it’s not an issue. :slight_smile:

We love [name]Jane[/name] and would definitely use it. Also, I think [name]Janie[/name] is adorable for a nn (did you watch Thirtysomething back in the late 80’s? [name]Michael[/name] and [name]Hope[/name]'s baby daughter was [name]Janie[/name].)

[name]Hope[/name] this helps!

Honestly I like [name]Jane[/name] a million times more than [name]Quinn[/name] - and for several reasons. [name]Quinn[/name] seems it will soon be dated to me, and I feel it wavers to much in the gray unisex area. [name]Jane[/name] is classic, girlier, and more professional. In my opinion it’d be easier to take [name]Jane[/name] seriously over [name]Quinn[/name]. Go with [name]Jane[/name], please! It’s so lovely and sweet. I don’t think it’ll be subject to teasing at all.

As for middle names, I really like [name]Madeleine[/name], [name]Felicity[/name], [name]Eloise[/name], and [name]Violet[/name] best. I really dislike [name]Parker[/name]. It just doesn’t work well with [name]Jane[/name].

Good luck and I hope this helps!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. I prefer it w/ [name]Quinn[/name] over your other choices. I’d choose a 2-3 syllable middle name.

[name]Jane[/name] is an amazing name and I absolutely love it!!! Pick [name]Jane[/name]!

my grandmother is jane frances…[name]LOVE[/name] her name. i used her mn for my youngest daughter, or else i’d go jane for one of these little girls ive got cookin’ in my tum right now.

my sister’s name is elizabeth jane…we loved calling her liza jane as a child. :slight_smile:

I think [name]Jane[/name] is a beautiful name! I doubt the kids of this generation will even be that familiar with plain jane or g.i jane. [name]Jane[/name] is perfect and simple and goes great with your other two daughters