JANELLE! Also Heidi

Well I guess I’m in the minority here, but I prefer [name]Janelle[/name] to [name]Heidi[/name]. I think [name]Janelle[/name] would be adorable on a little girl! It also has so many cute nn options - [name]Nell[/name], [name]Nellie[/name], [name]Jane[/name], [name]Elle[/name], [name]Ellie[/name]. I think [name]Heidi[/name] is cute too, but just not really my style.

Honestly, I’m not fond of either. [name]Janelle[/name] sounds outdated and trashy thanks to that woman on Teen Mom, and [name]Heidi[/name] sounds outdated as well – but it wouldn’t be a bad choice. I can see its “cute but serious” appeal.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Heidi[/name]! So adorable. [name]Janelle[/name] is terrible. Sounds dated.

[name]Janelle[/name] is not my style. [name]Janelle[/name] sounds like [name]Jan[/name]/[name]Jane[/name] smushed together with [name]Elle[/name]. I don’t know whether to pronounce it [name]Jan[/name]-elle or [name]Jane[/name]-ille. It sounds made up.

[name]Heidi[/name] is pretty for someone trying to honor Germanic roots that’s important to them. If you don’t have the connection, then [name]Heidi[/name] doesn’t make much sense.

[name]Janel[/name] is my middle name, this spelling peaked the year I was born in 1971 so it would be dated. I know nothing of the television show teen mom thankfully but if [name]Janel[/name] is dated so is [name]Heidi[/name], I knew quite a few [name]Heidi[/name]'s in the 70’s and 80’s more so than any Janelles.

I have no strong feelings either way for the name [name]Janelle[/name] or [name]Heidi[/name]. [name]Both[/name] are nice in my opinion.

Well, I also haven’t watched Teen Mom so there isn’t that kind of connection to me. I love that [name]Janelle[/name] means God’s gracious gift or something like that. If it didn’t have a nice meaning, I wouldn’t like it as much i think.
As much as i love [name]Heidi[/name], now that i think about it… it seems kinda unfinished, like something is missing… But I hate [name]Adelheid[/name].
Ehh, it’s so hard to think of a perfect name. [name]Every[/name] name is either dated, trendy, made up, too popular, too unique or just doesn’t sound nice.

I don’t like [name]Janelle[/name], but I do like [name]Heidi[/name].

[name]Janelle[/name] and [name]Heidi[/name] are SO different. Sorry, but [name]Janelle[/name] sounds trendy and trashy. [name]Heidi[/name] is adorable for a baby and sophisticated for an adult :slight_smile:

Random thought:
Sunniva. Norwegian saint’s name, means “sun gift.” If you like [name]Heidi[/name]'s spunk but it feels unfinished… and you like [name]Janelle[/name]'s meaning… Sunniva is sweet and has a spiritual tie, comes from a similarly snowy part of the world as [name]Heidi[/name], and if you like you could nickname her “[name]Sunny[/name].”