January?

After reading valpal’s post on [name]November[/name] and everyone’s thoughtful replies on impressions and nicknames, I thought maybe you’d do the same for [name]January[/name]? I like it a lot but wish there were cuter nn than [name]Jan[/name]. Can you think of any? Is [name]January[/name] too odd of a name (I guess not since most people seem to like [name]November[/name] :slight_smile: ). What would you think of sisters named [name]Gwendolyn[/name] and [name]January[/name]?

apparently today is all about the months because I just posted about [name]October[/name] on the boy board! lol.

I happen to love [name]January[/name]! What about nn [name]Ary[/name] (Airy)?

I love [name]January[/name]. I think [name]Jani[/name] (jan-ee) is a really cute nickname!

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]November[/name], and I really like [name]January[/name]. If i’d choose id take [name]November[/name] though. Out of all the ‘unusual’ month names (so everything besides [name]May[/name], [name]April[/name], [name]June[/name] and [name]August[/name]) i like [name]November[/name] the best and in second place [name]January[/name] i guess. Or [name]September[/name].

It would be so funny if we had babies [name]January[/name], [name]October[/name] and [name]November[/name] on nameberry!

I sort of love [name]January[/name]. [name]January[/name] [name]Jones[/name] definitely makes the name seem more accessible. I like it much more without a nickname, but I like [name]Ary[/name] a lot more than [name]Jan[/name]. I don’t like [name]Jan[/name] at all and I feel like using it as a nickname takes away from the sexiness (I know, I know, she’s your future baby!) of [name]January[/name]. Oh! What about [name]Jenny[/name] as a nickname? Ok yeah for sure, that’s what I would use! Although, [name]Gwennie[/name] and [name]Jenny[/name] are kinda matchie…

I can see [name]Gwendolyn[/name] and [name]January[/name] as sisters. You can go a lot of different ways with [name]Gwendolyn[/name]. Something more normal would make [name]Gwendolyn[/name] seem more common, but something like [name]January[/name] makes [name]Gwendolyn[/name] seem unusual. So, while the set is unexpected, I think it works!

It would be so funny if we had babies [name]January[/name], [name]October[/name] and [name]November[/name] on nameberry!

I sort of love [name]January[/name]. [name]January[/name] [name]Jones[/name] definitely makes the name seem more accessible. I like it much more without a nickname, but I like [name]Ary[/name] a lot more than [name]Jan[/name]. I don’t like [name]Jan[/name] at all and I feel like using it as a nickname takes away from the sexiness (I know, I know, she’s your future baby!) of [name]January[/name]. Oh! What about [name]Jenny[/name] as a nickname? Ok yeah for sure, that’s what I would use! Although, [name]Gwennie[/name] and [name]Jenny[/name] are kinda matchie…

I can see [name]Gwendolyn[/name] and [name]January[/name] as sisters. You can go a lot of different ways with [name]Gwendolyn[/name]. Something more normal would make [name]Gwendolyn[/name] seem more common, but something like [name]January[/name] makes [name]Gwendolyn[/name] seem unusual. So, while the set is unexpected, I think it works

yeah, I don’t think I could do [name]Gwennie[/name] and [name]Jenny[/name] - that’s why [name]Penelope[/name] is off the list too! I think you’re right about a nickname taking away from the pizzazz (let’s say that instead of sexiness, shall we?) of [name]January[/name]. Before I had [name]Gwendolyn[/name] I was a staunchly non-nickname person. And [name]January[/name] works quite well for that type of person since nothing really rolls off the tongue. Maybe just the occasional ‘J’?

The only month name I really like for girs is [name]April[/name]. [name]May[/name] and [name]June[/name] sound like boring names to me, but at least they’re normal.

One of my great-grandfathers was named [name]Gennaro[/name], which means [name]January[/name] in Italian, but I guess that doesn’t count since he was male.

I know a girl named [name]January[/name]. It really suits her! She never goes by a nickname though.
I think [name]Jane[/name] could be a cool nickname if you want to use one. Or maybe [name]Jary[/name], like Jar-y.

[name]Love[/name] the suggestion of [name]Ary[/name]. I think [name]Janie[/name] (pronounced [name]Jay[/name]-knee) is a good nn too.

[name]Ary[/name] for a nickname popped into my head right away!

I also saw your reply that [name]Penelope[/name] is off your list b/c of the rhyming nn with [name]Gwendolen[/name] (sp?). What about using [name]Poppy[/name] for a nickname instead? I [name]LOVE[/name] that! [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Gwendolen[/name] (I’m sorry, I hope I’m not spelling this wrong, I’m posting on my phone and it’s very cumbersome to go back and forth!) make adorable sisters!!

I think [name]Gwendolyn[/name] and [name]January[/name] go together, but I dont really like the name [name]January[/name].
I guess it isnt that odd of a name, because a lot of people are choosing months for names([name]May[/name], [name]November[/name], [name]June[/name], etc), but I just dont like the way it sounds. I like [name]Janice[/name], which is sort of similar.

I’m starting to really love month names with all these posts about them! If I were slightly more bold (and married to someone who was also a fan of uncommon names, lol) I would totally use [name]October[/name] for a boy or [name]January[/name] for a girl. I’d probably use the nickname [name]Toby[/name] for [name]October[/name], but I don’t know if I’d nickname [name]January[/name]. I love how it sounds!

My twins are due in [name]January[/name] so it would be kind of cute, actually, if we worked it into the girl’s name (if she is a girl). But…[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]January[/name]? :stuck_out_tongue:

[name]Jay[/name], what about [name]Julia[/name] [name]January[/name]? Or [name]Julia[/name] ____ [name]January[/name]?

No way, this is exactly what we’re talking about right now! I said [name]Julia[/name] [name]January[/name] and then [name]Derrick[/name] jokingly suggested [name]Julia[/name] [name]January[/name] [name]Juliet[/name], hahah. I really think [name]Julia[/name] [name]January[/name] is so adorable. Or even [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Julia[/name] [name]January[/name] (because the kids are already calling her [name]Romy[/name]). Is RJJJ too much for initials? D thinks so, but I think it’s so cute.

No way, this is exactly what we’re talking about right now! I said [name]Julia[/name] [name]January[/name] and then [name]Derrick[/name] jokingly suggested [name]Julia[/name] [name]January[/name] [name]Juliet[/name], hahah. I really think [name]Julia[/name] [name]January[/name] is so adorable. Or even [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Julia[/name] [name]January[/name] (because the kids are already calling her [name]Romy[/name]). Is RJJJ too much for initials? D thinks so, but I think it’s so cute.[/quote]

[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Julia[/name] [name]January[/name] is stunning! I like alliteration - I think it can make a name seem just that little bit funner and more spunky.

And I actually don’t think RJJJ is too much - middle names are really used very rarely, especially if she’ll have two, so it isn’t like her full name will be said often.

[name]Auburn[/name]