Jasper Marcel and Evelyne Piper. . . . :) !!

I’m niki72, and I’m expecting twins: boy and girl. My husband [name]Jacob[/name] and I have already considered many names . . . but we stuck with [name]Jasper[/name] [name]Marcel[/name] for our boy and [name]Evelyne[/name] [name]Piper[/name] for our girl. But we want to know what everyone - other than lemon, rollo, ze-lynn, and gwensmom, although you guys can post stuff too :slight_smile: - thinks about these names.

Sorry :frowning: but I’m probably not going to change the names, I just want to know what you think. . . .

If you look up the message board “Sibling Names”, and then the topic “[name]Jasper[/name] and [name]Eve[/name] or [name]Nicholas[/name] and [name]Eviana[/name]?”, you’ll see all the dabates about my babies’ names. . . .

Thanks! :slight_smile: !!

I love love love [name]Jasper[/name] and I’m so glad you might use it! [name]Marcel[/name] for me is a little feminine (only because I have a close friend [name]Marcelle[/name]) but I think it goes well as a mn with [name]Jasper[/name]. I like [name]Evelyne[/name] [name]Piper[/name] as a combination also, but I would spell it [name]Evelyn[/name]. If you’re pronouncing it [name]Eve[/name]-line I would spell it [name]Eveline[/name]. [name]Evelyne[/name] looks slightly yooneek. But other than that, I like your choices!

I agree with lamps. I think that [name]Jasper[/name] and [name]Evelyne[/name] are great names for twins and the combos of [name]Jasper[/name] [name]Marcel[/name] and [name]Evelyne[/name] [name]Piper[/name] are very nice. It is just the spelling of [name]Evelyne[/name] that confuses me. With that spelling, I just do not know how to pronounce it. [name]Do[/name] you want [name]Eveline[/name] or [name]Evelyn[/name] as the pronunciation? I know that you were concerned about pronunciation with [name]Eviana[/name], but I do not think that going with [name]Evelyne[/name] with this spelling will help that issue. If that ultimately does not bother you, than that is fine and I think that the names are fine. But if mispronunciation is a concern, I would change [name]Evelyne[/name] to [name]Evelyn[/name] or [name]Eveline[/name].

I don’t understand pronunciation problems expected with [name]Eviana[/name]. I also think [name]Evelyn[/name] is a good name, [name]Evelyne[/name] looks complicated, I would think it’s supposed to be pronounced wrong or else you’d spell it right. I’m not in favor of spelling a name wrong that sticks to your child all the time vs. once in a while someone will say it wrong - when you spell it wrong, people attempt to guess whether it’s a typo or that you are trying to force a pronunciation that’s not like the standard form, especially in the form of adding an e at the end. I would say that Ev-a-line, like a line you draw. If that’s not intended, and even if it is, lots of people will think you were just being creative and it’s supposed to be Ev-a-lin as well. Ev-a-leen, Ev-a-lane, [name]Eve[/name]-line. [name]Eviana[/name] looks like Ev-ee-a-na to me, but I might have missed the discussion where you explain it’s Ee-vee-a-na instead. [name]Evelyne[/name] doesn’t help you solve that problem. [name]Eveline[/name] is French, I would also call that confusing to confront that with the appropriate pronunciation in the US, mostly because we see the word ‘line’ and want to call it line, see [name]Caroline[/name]: French=Car-o-lin or -leen (it’s subtle, I think), or US common= Car-o-line.

[name]Evelyne[/name] is pronounced “[name]Eva[/name]-[name]Lin[/name]”, not “[name]EEVA[/name]-lin” or “[name]Eve[/name]-line”. I just like the spelling of [name]Evelyne[/name] because it, well, really IS unique, or the way lamps said it “yooneek”. . . . I like that, lamps. :slight_smile:

But, yes, I do admit that [name]Evelyne[/name] MIGHT be a little overdone. . . . A burnt brownie, an over-stuffed turkey for Thanksgiving. . . . MAYBE. But I was thinking that her nn could either be Ev, or [name]Lyn[/name].

Thanks for thinking about me! :slight_smile: !!

[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Marcel[/name]: I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Jasper[/name] so much, but with an M middle, the M sound attaches to [name]Jasper[/name]'s “sper” ending when I say the combo out loud, and I hear “sperm.” Also, he’ll be writing his name as [name]Jasper[/name] M. _____, and I can’t help but see the word “sperm.” (This may not be an issue for you, but I thought I’d mention it just in case.) :slight_smile:

[name]Evelyne[/name] [name]Piper[/name]: I think it flows beautifully, but like [name]Karen[/name] said, the [name]Evelyne[/name] spelling looks off to me, too. I’m not sure how you’re pronouncing it, but I’d personally say ehv-eh-line (like the word “line”).

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I think they are both really cute. I especially like [name]Evelyne[/name] [name]Piper[/name]. The extra ‘e’ seems unnecessary to me and might cause some confusion on pronunciation.

Oooh, the JaSPERM is a problem for me, too. I would change the middle name to something that doesn’t start with an “m”. Keep [name]Jasper[/name]. He’s gorgeous. [name]Love[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Piper[/name] with [name]Evelyn[/name] spelled the traditional way. Darling!

I love [name]Jasper[/name], But [name]Marcel[/name] to me is a very fem name. I also prefer the spelling [name]Evelyn[/name] but the E on the end does not bother me so much.

[name]Hi[/name]! I know I’m technically not supposed to post (kidding), but I wanted to share my opinion, too. I think that [name]Jasper[/name] and [name]Evelyn[/name] sounds nice together as they both have a similar classic, vintage feel with some added spunk and uniqueness! I agree with everyone that [name]Evelyn[/name] on its own is perfect, without the extra E. This seems unnecessary to me, as [name]Evelyn[/name] is a fairly unique name in its own right (though it is popular around Nameberry…). And, [name]Evelyn[/name] has the pronunciation you want with the nicknames you want, Ev or [name]Lyn[/name]. [name]Evie[/name] is also a really cute nickname, especially with [name]Jasper[/name]!

I also agree with the comments that [name]Marcel[/name] is slightly feminine. I think that [name]Jasper[/name] [name]Marcellus[/name] has a similar feel with added character, and I love it with [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Piper[/name], so you might consider that.

Best wishes to you and your husband, and happy holidays!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Jasper[/name] and [name]Evelyn[/name]. I agree about the spelling of [name]Evelyne[/name], but I love [name]Piper[/name] in the middle.

(I’m not supposed to post either) but I love [name]Jasper[/name] and [name]Evelyn[/name]! So nice for twins since they have the same feel but do not share similar sounds at all so they are not matchy-matchy.

SO EXCITED, guess why!

[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Marcel[/name] and [name]Evelyne[/name] [name]Piper[/name] are most likely going to arrive tomorrow!!!

Sorry, don’t have much time. Thanks, happy New Year’s, and YAY!

:slight_smile: !!

Congratulations, great way to ring in the New Year!

Your names are great, they sound like characters in some great novel!

If it helps any i know a girl called [name]Evelyne[/name] spelled just like that and pronounced ever-lyn just like you want - so go for it if you love it!