Jasper

What do you think of or what are your conceptions about [name]Jasper[/name]? What do you imagine a lil [name]Jasper[/name] to be? What would you think if you met a lil [name]Jasper[/name]?

Congratulations on your little boy! :slight_smile:

I like [name]Jasper[/name] a lot. For a long time I’ve struggled to imagine a little boy (or even a baby) with the name, but recently it’s been growing on me a lot. It still feels really grown up but I love that you’re able to use that “J” initial that means so much to you, and I think [name]Tess[/name], [name]Kaia[/name], and [name]Jasper[/name] are really cute together.

Good luck!

I imagine Jaspers to be fun, imaginative, creative, and spunky.

[name]Love[/name] the name!

I love [name]Jasper[/name], it was on my list but now has sadly been ruled out because of Twilight (and because I am surrounded by people who only knows [name]Jasper[/name] from that book).

I think [name]Jasper[/name] is vintage, quirky, creative, and just full of spirit. If I met one, I probably just envy the guts of his parents to actually use the name. :smiley:

I actually know a [name]Jasper[/name], now in his 30s. He’s a calm, friendly, nice person.

[name]Jasper[/name] is an awesome name-like jazz as a nn too. Didn’t know it was on Twilight…!

We named our baby [name]Jasper[/name] in 2010. I had found the name a few years earlier on a list of vintage names (I like old names and old things in general). I just fell in love with it – loved everything about it. The fact that my husband liked it too only made me like the name more (he is usually indifferent or vetoes name suggestions). It is a challenge though because there have been so few Jaspers that there really isn’t a [name]Jasper[/name] “look”. So it is like embarking on new territory. I looked at other names but nothing struck me like [name]Jasper[/name] so I figured I had to go with my gut. And I have to say the fact that our baby just did not look like a [name]Jasper[/name] threw me for the first several days in the hospital (was looking through name books but we really didn’t have any backups). And we got quite a negative response from family sadly :frowning: So all of that made me sort of confused and wondering if we chose the right name. But I still [name]LOVE[/name] the name in general – hoping our baby will grow into it. I do think of Jaspers as creative, witty, unique and slightly rebellious. Hard to know if he will be those things!

It’s a great name - vintage and really cool. Sadly, the only association most people will make is to the character from “Twilight”, which is disappointing. Most [name]Jasper[/name]'s are not blood-sucking (but well-meaning) vampires. :slight_smile:

We had [name]Jasper[/name] [name]Grayson[/name] on our list as well. But the boy name has been churned about and changed and changed back and completely changed that for all I know we may end up with a [name]Jasper[/name]. Although I’m pushing for [name]Ambrose[/name] and he loves [name]Gabriel[/name] best.

I imagine [name]Jasper[/name]'s as a rambunctious, mischevious, good-thing-he’s-a-charmer sort of guy, but also has a heart of gold. :wink:

Also, I think that it’s adorable that you want a huge family! I have 3 kids and people think I’m nuts to even suggest that I might want more. We’re about to try for another, but we’re keeping it secret until after we are pregnant and into the second trimester (unless I’m too sick to hide it, which is a likely scenario). Like you, I would love to have one more boy and one more girl ideally.

So congratulations on your little [name]Jasper[/name] to be and much luck and hope to your future children :slight_smile:

Its a great name, one of my favorites. I like its calm and honest sound. I could imagine a [name]Jasper[/name] as someone who is a little shy, not loud and eccentric - creative and charming.