Jay

So as a few of you know, I love [name_u]Jay[/name_u] on its own. [name_m]Just[/name_m] [name_u]Jay[/name_u]. I have a few concerns with it when it comes to my [name_u]Jay[/name_u] being a baby.

You see, I can imagine a teenager and man with this name but I struggle a bit more to see it on a baby and child. I do love it and I think I would be able to use it anyway but I was wondering (and I know it’s a long shot) if any of you berries know of bloggers, Youtubers or instagramers (I’m not sure what they’re called, lol) with son’s called [name_u]Jay[/name_u].

I have tried to use [name_u]Jameson[/name_u] nn [name_u]Jay[/name_u] but it just doesn’t feel the same. I love [name_m]Jason[/name_m] but I feel it’s a little dated and I don’t like [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Jacob[/name_m], [name_u]Jayden[/name_u], [name_u]Jaylen[/name_u].

Thanks!

Personally I can easily see it on a kid
Or you could call him JJ/[name_u]Jay[/name_u]-[name_u]Jay[/name_u] when hes young which would be cute
I prefer just [name_u]Jay[/name_u] to the longer names you mentioned

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

@emmievis I have always liked [name_u]Jay[/name_u]-[name_u]Jay[/name_u] So maybe that’s what I’d do. Thanks :slight_smile:

I grew up with 2 boys named [name_u]Jay[/name_u] and one named [name_u]Jaye[/name_u]. It never seemed too old for them. One went by [name_u]Jay[/name_u]-[name_u]Jay[/name_u]/JJ (informally. He just wrote [name_u]Jay[/name_u] whenever he had his name on something). All three were in the same very small school, so one went by [name_u]Jay[/name_u] Lastname, one by [name_u]Jay[/name_u] Initial, and one by [name_u]Jay[/name_u] or [name_u]Jay[/name_u]-[name_u]Jay[/name_u].
When they were older, their nicknames were elaborations (think [name_u]Jay[/name_u]-man or [name_u]Jay[/name_u]-dog, though they didn’t actually use those two) or based on their surnames.
All three are adults now, and the name has aged with them well.

Thank you!

Something I like about it is the [name_m]Gatsby[/name_m] connection.

[name_u]Jay[/name_u] is a lovely name! I actually think it works really well for a child - it’s soft, bright and simple.

My first thought is [name_u]Jay[/name_u] from [name_u]Jay[/name_u] and Silent [name_m]Bob[/name_m], who are main or recurring characters in [name_m]Kevin[/name_m] [name_m]Smith[/name_m]'s stoner comedies. The charcter of [name_u]Jay[/name_u] is played by [name_m]Jason[/name_m] Mewes, [name_u]Jay[/name_u] being a nickname. I also have an ex called [name_m]Jason[/name_m] who I affectionately called “J”. These are both grown men, I’ve never personally met a young person with the first name [name_u]Jay[/name_u] (or even [name_m]Jason[/name_m]). A friend has a son named [name_m]Levi[/name_m] [name_u]Jay[/name_u], and I think that flows well.

If I met a little [name_u]Jay[/name_u], I would first think it was short for [name_u]Jayden[/name_u] or [name_u]Jaylen[/name_u]. My associations aside, it is a simple, easy name that could stand alone, or be used as a nickname.

I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned this in other posts but my cousin (older than me) has a son named [name_u]Jay[/name_u]. He’s a junior in high school now I think? They live in [name_u]California[/name_u] so we are not super close. However, he is a very handsome guy and he was an adorable baby! I can definitely picture it on all ages.

Thank you everyone! It’s great to hear some good feedback of the name. I’d be ready to use it in a heart beat.

One of my best friends is called [name_u]Jay[/name_u] and the name has always suited him, I can easily see it on any age.