Jazz Guys

Hoagy [name_m]Carmichael[/name_m]
[name_m]Bix[/name_m] Biederbecke
[name_m]Thelonious[/name_m] Monk
[name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Coltrane[/name_m]
[name_u]Sidney[/name_u] [name_u]Bechet[/name_u]
[name_m]Ornette[/name_m] [name_m]Coleman[/name_m] (and many others I am missing)

Any of these names appeal to you? I particularly like [name_m]Ornette[/name_m] as a middle.

1 Like

I really like [name_u]Sidney[/name_u] for a boy!

I also quite like [name_m]John[/name_m] for a middle name and [name_m]Carmichael[/name_m] is growing on my but again only for a middle!

1 Like

Hoagy! Lol! Surely that’s not is legal first name??

Hoagland Howard thank goodness! I consider a hoagie a sandwich.

1 Like

[name_m]Thelonious[/name_m] has always been a favorite of mine. I also love his middle name, Sphere, but I’ve never put it in combo or considered it myself.

1 Like

[name_m]Thelonius[/name_m] and [name_u]Sidney[/name_u] are brilliant

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Thelonius[/name_m], [name_m]Coltrane[/name_m] and [name_u]Ellington[/name_u] as to me they scream jazz (Sidney feels less obvious). [name_m]Ornette[/name_m] is also really distinctive.

I like [name_u]Quincy[/name_u] too.

Others:
[name_u]Miles[/name_u] (Davis)
[name_m]Chet[/name_m] [name_u]Baker[/name_u]
[name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_m]Django[/name_m] (Reinhardt)
[name_m]Herbie[/name_m] (Hancock)
[name_u]Dexter[/name_u] (Gordon)
[name_m]Wynton[/name_m] (Marsalis)
[name_m]Brubeck[/name_m] (Dave)

I agree with previous poster that I’d include some of the women’s greats names:
[name_f]Holiday[/name_f] works for a boy too imo
[name_m]Fitzgerald[/name_m]
[name_m]Vaughan[/name_m] (Sarah)
[name_m]Washington[/name_m] (Dinah)
[name_u]Lincoln[/name_u] (Abbey)
Peyroux (Madeleine)

Yes! I thought of him just last night. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love [name_m]Thelonious[/name_m] so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I also really like [name_u]Sidney[/name_u] and Bix!!!
I think [name_m]Ornette[/name_m] nn [name_f]Nettie[/name_f] is so cute too!

1 Like

Makes me happy. I hope some moms and dads start naming their kids these names before I die. I am so tired of boring names I know. I want to meet a young Sphere!

1 Like

I completely agree with you!! Sphere is also so cool!

1 Like

Sphere would be an unfortunate name for a fat kid… lol

I know a little guy (oh, probably 5 or 6 now) with [name_m]Thelonious[/name_m] in his name! His dad plays percussion in our community orchestra and is one of the orchestra organizers. His older sister is Frey@ [name_u]Douglas[/name_u] (Douglas is a family name for women, for them!), his older brother is Torr!n [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u], and he is Ham!sh Dunc@n [name_m]Thelonious[/name_m]. Such a brilliant conclusion to the sibling set.

1 Like