Jem?

What’s the general consensus on the name [name_u]Jem[/name_u] for a boy? It’s been a favourite of mine for a while and I was just reminded of it today because I’m re-reading To Kill A Mockingbird in school. I always thought it would be a great and different nickname for [name_u]James[/name_u], which is a prominent family name for me, and besides that, I just think it’s so adorable.

Thoughts?

I love [name_u]Jem[/name_u] as a nickname for [name_u]James[/name_u]. I’ve loved it since the first time I read the [name_f]Anne[/name_f] of [name_u]Green[/name_u] Gables series. :slight_smile:

I love [name_u]Jem[/name_u] as a nickname for [name_u]James[/name_u], as well :slight_smile: I think it’s adorable! Hard time seeing it as a standalone name aside from [name_u]James[/name_u] or [name_u]Jameson[/name_u].

The [name_u]Jem[/name_u] in To Kill a Mockingbird is short for [name_m]Jeremy[/name_m], but I think is works for [name_u]James[/name_u] as well.

I love [name_u]Jem[/name_u] for [name_u]James[/name_u]

Yep, me too!

I adoreeee [name_u]Jem[/name_u] as a nickname for [name_u]James[/name_u]…[name_u]James[/name_u] has always been on my list and [name_u]Jem[/name_u] would be the obvious nickname to me.

Yes, love [name_u]Jem[/name_u]! I used it in a book I wrote as a nickname for [name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m]. :slight_smile:

I adore [name_u]Jem[/name_u]! I honestly love it as a standalone name.

It’s on my own list, and the only long form of it i could see myself using is [name_m]Jeremy[/name_m], because all the [name_u]James[/name_u]'s i know have ruined the name for me. But then i like [name_u]Remy[/name_u] too, and you can’t have a [name_m]Jeremy[/name_m] nn [name_u]Jem[/name_u] with a brother named [name_u]Remy[/name_u].

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you think a kid would mind having [name_u]Jem[/name_u] as a full name? It sounds so dashing to me

love [name_u]Jem[/name_u] for [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_u]Jameson[/name_u], [name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m] or [name_m]Jeremy[/name_m]!

Super cute!

I absolutely love the nickname [name_u]Jem[/name_u]! I would use it for [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Jeremy[/name_m], or [name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m].