Jenevieve?

Thoughts on this spelling? It’s to get the nickname [name_f]Jen[/name_f].

I would still use [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] as the full name. [name_f]Jen[/name_f] would still work!

3 Likes

I prefer it with a G. I think [name_f]Jen[/name_f] as a nn would still work.

I agree with the above responses ~ you can definitely still use [name_f]Jen[/name_f] as a nickname for [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], which is my preferred spelling.

1 Like

i really don’t like it with a J sorry, it looks like a misspelling.

1 Like

I like it spelt the traditional way. It’s one of the names that I feel that it should’t have it’s spelling change, imo.

1 Like

I know a [name_u]Genesis[/name_u] who goes by [name_f]Gen[/name_f]. you could still use the G spelling

1 Like

I think it looks a little clunky, sorry

Hmm, as far as spelling variants go, I actually don’t mind this spelling. :slight_smile: Especially if the end goal is the nickname [name_f]Jen[/name_f].

Don’t. It looks weird. [name_m]Just[/name_m] use [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] nn [name_f]Jen[/name_f]

2 Likes

I like [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] it’s actually a contender for me currently you can still get [name_f]Gen[/name_f] but the original spelling is prettier

I’m not a fan of this spelling. I think you could still use [name_f]Jen[/name_f] as a nickname for [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] with that spelling. People do that for [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] nn [name_f]Kate[/name_f] all the time!

1 Like

Agreed with other posters! [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] is beautiful, [name_f]Jenevieve[/name_f] just looks wrong to me and maybe a little too trendy. I absolutely think you can still use nn [name_f]Jen[/name_f] with [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]!!

1 Like

I much prefer the spelling [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]. [name_f]Gen[/name_f] or [name_f]Jen[/name_f] still works fine, just as [name_f]Kate[/name_f] works as a nickname for [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]. (More so even, as the sound is the same)

1 Like

I like the traditional spelling but you could definitely still use [name_f]Jen[/name_f] as a nn

Haha. I laughed when I saw the comment That my name is trendy. I’m in my 40s now :joy::joy::joy:

@JenevieveM Oops, I’m sorry! Didn’t mean to insult your name!! I’m sure if I knew you, I wouldn’t feel that way about the name haha.

No. [name_m]Just[/name_m] no. Sorry, but no. I would personally not use it for my daughter, sorry. I feel the same way, @regionlatbest. I am sure I wouldn’t feel the same way.

1 Like

I think she would spend her whole life saying “[name_f]Jenevieve[/name_f] with a J” but I don’t think that’s necessarily a bad thing. I don’t care for the spelling of nn [name_f]Gen[/name_f], so I do like that you’d be able to use the nn [name_f]Jen[/name_f] here.

I’m not a huge fan of [name_f]Jenevieve[/name_f], but I still like it!

I think [name_f]Gen[/name_f] with a G would be simpler than [name_f]Jenevieve[/name_f] with a J.