Jenny

What do you think of the nickname [name]Jenny[/name] for [name]Jemima[/name] [name]Frances[/name]?

With:
[name]Susanna[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] nn [name]Susie[/name]
[name]Annalie[/name] [name]Rose[/name] nn [name]Annie[/name]

I would go with something like [name]Jem[/name] or [name]Mimi[/name] instead. [name]Jenny[/name] is just so tied to [name]Jennifer[/name] that there is really no way I can separate the two, in addition to the fact that [name]Jenny[/name] as a nickname seems very worn and dated to me. Plus there isn’t an N in [name]Jemima[/name] so it doesn’t seem to work.

There’s an N in [name]Frances[/name].

I think [name]Jenny[/name] is usuable as a nickname for [name]Jemima[/name] [name]Frances[/name]. I prefer [name]Mima[/name] or [name]Mimi[/name] but that’s just me. [name]Do[/name] you live in [name]Britain[/name]? The reason I ask is due to the negative and racist image it has in [name]North[/name] [name]America[/name]. Not many people on this continent would choose this name. I think it’s shame because it’s a Biblical gem. It’s lovely paired with [name]Frances[/name] as a middle name. Good luck.

I live in the USA.

So lovely to find someone who may name their baby [name]Jemima[/name]. It is a truly lovely name.

Instead of [name]Jenny[/name] I would go for [name]Jenna[/name] which has a more modern twist than [name]Jenny[/name] which belongs to [name]Jennifer[/name].

I also love [name]Gemma[/name].

best wishes rollo

I think [name]Jenny[/name] would work for [name]Jemima[/name] [name]Frances[/name].
Beautiful names, by the way.
:slight_smile:

I prefer [name]Jenny[/name] to [name]Jenna[/name]. I think it’s because [name]Jenna[/name] is more modern, but [name]Jenny[/name] is a classic.

I think [name]Jenny[/name] works as a nn for [name]Jemima[/name], but with everyone and their dog fleeing anything associated with [name]Jennifer[/name], I’d have to wonder why. I know a [name]Jennifer[/name], and she loathes [name]Jenny[/name]. That might have colored by opinion.

Why not choose a nn almost as unusual and distinctive as the given name? (I think [name]Jemima[/name] is an awesome choice, by the way!) [name]Mima[/name], [name]Mimi[/name], or [name]Gemma[/name] (even spelled [name]Jemma[/name]) detain of more the rich flavor of [name]Jemima[/name].

I think it could work, I’ve heard stranger nicknames (I have a “[name]Babs[/name]” who is really [name]Sheila[/name]…). I’ve never gone by [name]Jenny[/name] but I don’t have anything against the name. Given the fact that the “[name]Jen[/name]” trend has declined you won’t hear it very often!

Of the >dozen other Jennifers I’ve met in the course of my almost 30 years, only three have gone by [name]Jenni[/name]/y. [name]Jenny[/name] has a longer history of regular use than [name]Jennifer[/name] too, so I would bet that enough other people have associations with it other than [name]Jennifer[/name].