Jessica?

What’s your view on the girls name [name_f]Jessica[/name_f]? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like it’s nicknames [name_u]Jess[/name_u] and [name_u]Jessie[/name_u]?

I would really like to know your views on this name because I was thinking about adding it to my list but I wanted second opinions! My Mum was thinking about naming me [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] before she chose [name_f]Chloe[/name_f], as [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] was number #2 on her naming list and [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] was #3 but then another member of our family chose [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] and she didn’t want to use [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] anymore so she went with [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] instead. I’m not bothered about her choice I love my name, [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] I also love the name [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] and I think it’s a lovely name strong, classic name.

What’s your view on [name_f]Jessica[/name_f]? Any middle name suggestions?

No, I don’t like [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] at all. It’s a very 90’s name and to be honest I expect any [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] I hear of to be at least in their teen’s, if not older.

There are much nicer, more modern alternatives these days such as [name_f]Jessamy[/name_f] or [name_f]Jessamine[/name_f] - both unique but gorgeous name. I find [name_u]Jesse[/name_u] much better as a boy’s name!

I don’t like [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] but I love [name_u]Jessie[/name_u] and [name_u]Jess[/name_u]. I actually have 3 close friends with this name but they all go by [name_u]Jessie[/name_u] or [name_u]Jess[/name_u] (late 80s babies of course!). The “ica” at the end is not very appealing to me.

[name_f]Jessica[/name_f] is cemented in the 80s for me, I’m not a fan. I love [name_u]Jesse[/name_u] for a boys’ name, and [name_u]Jess[/name_u] is cute for a nickname for a girl. [name_f]Jessamine[/name_f] is perhaps a more modern spin?

Gosh, [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] is so tired and even twenty years later is so trendy and common. It’s very, very dated and there will always be a million [name_f]Jessica[/name_f]'s about a generation older than her. Still, the name does not have that same vintage vibe as say [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] or [name_f]Olive[/name_f]. [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] is in the ranks of [name_u]Ashley[/name_u], [name_f]Britney[/name_f], [name_u]Courtney[/name_u], [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f], and [name_f]Tiffany[/name_f]–maybe in fifty years these names will feel fresh and new, but right now, they are so tired. I would honestly be weirded out by someone choosing the name [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] now.

[name_u]Jess[/name_u]/[name_u]Jessie[/name_u] are okay nicknames, but even they feel incredibly common and tired. In my person life, I know sixteen (yes, SIXTEEN…I actually counted them off) [name_u]Jess[/name_u]/[name_u]Jessie[/name_u]/[name_f]Jessica[/name_f]'s. I just don’t think the name is all that special right now. Although, bonus points if you were planning on calling her [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f].

It’s a pretty name. I have a soft spot for it, because my mum is a [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] <3
Maybe she needs some rest before going back to the name podium. Anyways, I prefer Jessica over Chloe.

It sounds cheap and dated to me. Sorry.

I’m a [name_f]Jessica[/name_f]. I’ve always liked my name and I never minded it being so popular. It actually wasn’t until graduate school that I was 1 of 5 in my classes. I was usually the only one in the class or 1 of 3 or 4 in the school growing up. I always went by [name_u]Jessie[/name_u] or [name_u]Jess[/name_u] growing up but once I became a teenager I started going by [name_f]Jessica[/name_f]. I like the option of a cute nickname and a more adult name. That being said, I definitely agree that the name deserves some rest, though. It’s actually hard for me to imagine meeting a baby [name_f]Jessica[/name_f].