Jewish Boy names need opinions!

Alright so I’m skimming down my favorite boys name list. Our family is of Jewish/[name]Christian[/name] ties. There are some very old fashioned Biblical names I like but want opinions on because I am second guessing myself. NOt that I don’t like the names but I really just want strangers opinion.

[name]Jebediah[/name] ([name]Jeb[/name]-uh-die-uh) nn [name]Jeb[/name]. This just grabbed me when watching [name]Little[/name] HOuse on the [name]Prairie[/name]. It is a form of [name]Jedidiah[/name] which I like but has to many d sounds.

[name]Jedidiah[/name]- [name]Jed[/name] is so cute! But its such a tongue twister my hubby prefers Jediah.

Jediah- [name]Jeh[/name]-die-uh nn [name]Jed[/name]. I think my favorite too. Its a very unique name from the Bible that we both agree on.

[name]Isaiah[/name]-A nice name I thought I liked but not so sure anymore.

[name]Just[/name] as a stranger’s view - I am liking Jebidiah more then it’s ‘d’ alternative, for the exact reason you pointed out, too many 'd’s. I really love [name]Isaiah[/name] though, brings a sense of calm, relaxation! Good luck! [name]Will[/name] there be a mn?

Personally I like [name]Uriah[/name], [name]Azariah[/name] and [name]Josiah[/name] better than [name]Isaiah[/name].

I like [name]Jedediah[/name] and [name]Jebediah[/name] both. I knew a [name]Jed[/name] in high school and he was the only one I’ve ever known. So it is uncommon.

[name]Jebediah[/name] is a rural-sounding name to me (hick name), I’m not sure if I would ever use it - probably not!

[name]Hope[/name] that helps.

[name]Stephanie[/name]

These names are all really great- especially [name]Isaiah[/name]! I prefer [name]Jedidiah[/name] to [name]Jebediah[/name], mostly because I prefer [name]Jed[/name] to [name]Jeb[/name] ([name]Jeb[/name] sounds kind of hilly-billy-ish to me). However, if you’re looking for a characteristically “Jewish” name (and I’m not sure you are) then none of these are it. These are biblical names, but they are not commonly used by Jews today. For example, [name]Jedidiah[/name] was the original name of [name]King[/name] [name]Solomon[/name] (a great Hebrew [name]King[/name]). Jews are much more likely to use [name]Solomon[/name] or [name]Shlomo[/name] (usually if they are Yiddish or more religious) rather than [name]Jedidiah[/name]. Here are some other little used Old Testament names you might be interested in:

[name]Ephraim[/name]
Ezriel
[name]Elias[/name]/[name]Elijah[/name]/[name]Elisha[/name]
[name]Jeremiah[/name]
[name]Japheth[/name] ([name]JAY[/name]-feth) - a favorite of mine!
[name]Zechariah[/name]
[name]Nehemiah[/name] (nee-[name]AH[/name]-my-ah or neh-HA-my-ah)
[name]Ezekiel[/name]
[name]Jericho[/name]
[name]Ishmael[/name]
[name]Reuben[/name]
[name]Jethro[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

[name]Seth[/name], [name]Soloman[/name], [name]Isaac[/name], [name]Adam[/name], [name]Boaz[/name], [name]Amon[/name], [name]Perez[/name], [name]Brahm[/name], [name]Emmanuel[/name], [name]Abbott[/name], [name]Jacob[/name], [name]Aaron[/name], [name]Asher[/name], [name]Benson[/name], [name]Caleb[/name], [name]Zeb[/name], [name]Zared[/name], [name]Zac[/name], [name]Samuel[/name], [name]Nathan[/name], [name]Shiloh[/name], [name]Simon[/name]