Jillian needs a creative nature MN

We have decided on [name]Jillian[/name] for a first name! I am so excited, it was my top choice and DH has now decided that he likes it just fine. I was thinking [name]Jillian[/name] [name]Brooke[/name] because DH likes [name]Brooke[/name] but I am not loving the combo. We are outdoors type people and like plants, animals, birds, fishing, geology etc. so we were thinking a creative nature name would be fun. What do you think sounds best? Other ideas? Last name is very similar to Hoffman. Here are some ideas we have:

[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Brooke[/name]/[name]Brook[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] - I like this but is it too matchy?
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Mora[/name] - “berry” in spanish
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]May[/name] - she will be born in [name]May[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Zera[/name] - “wolf”
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Sage[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Diana[/name] - [name]Diana[/name] is the goddess of hunting and the woods
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Mika[/name]/[name]Mica[/name]

Another option for a non-nature name is [name]Mariel[/name] which is a combo of DH’s grandmother [name]Marie[/name] and my grandmother [name]Eldora[/name] “[name]El[/name]”.

[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Mariel[/name]/[name]Marielle[/name]

i like using the family name to be honest… its a nice tradition… [name]Mariel[/name] is very lovely too.

Thanks, I like [name]Mariel[/name] too. [name]Jillian[/name] is a family name too (sort of), so we have that covered with the FN. My sister’s name is [name]Julie[/name] and she was named after our aunt [name]Julie[/name]. My sister said I should name the baby [name]Julie[/name] - but not [name]Julie[/name] - [name]Juliet[/name] or [name]Julia[/name] or something similar. [name]Jillian[/name] has the same root as [name]Julie[/name]/[name]Julia[/name], they are both feminine forms of [name]Julius[/name] and mean “youthful”.

[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Chloe[/name] “green shoot” Also an epithet of [name]Demeter[/name], goddess of the seasons and harvest
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Daphne[/name] “[name]Laurel[/name]”
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name] “[name]Daisy[/name]”
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Bryony[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Susanna[/name] “[name]Lily[/name]”
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Sylvia[/name] “woods”

I adore [name]Juniper[/name], but as [name]Jillian[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] is both alliterative and they have the same number of syllables, I am not sure about it. Personally, I think that [name]Jillian[/name] [name]Zera[/name] has the best flow, but I also really like [name]Mora[/name], [name]May[/name] and [name]Diana[/name].

Other nature names you might like :
[name]Clover[/name]
[name]Lilac[/name]
[name]Mariposa[/name] (‘butterfly’ in Spanish)
[name]Paloma[/name] (‘dove’ in Spanish)
[name]Wren[/name]
[name]Lark[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Sage[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] (laurel)
[name]Melia[/name] (honey tree)
[name]Pomona[/name] (apple)
[name]Ursula[/name] (bear)
Branwn (‘beautiful raven’, Welsh)
[name]Amaryllis[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] (island)
[name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Rose[/name] (very popular in the middle, though)
[name]Primrose[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Lavender[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Saffron[/name]
[name]Ginger[/name]
[name]Marigold[/name]
[name]Magnolia[/name].

Good luck!

I think [name]Mariel[/name] is a beautiful name but it doesn’t flow for me with [name]Jillian[/name]. I think it’s because they both have 3 syllables. [name]Just[/name] a few more nature names…

[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Tansy[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Bay[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Rain[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Feeney[/name] (means [name]Little[/name] [name]Raven[/name])
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Lotus[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Clover[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Flora[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Heather[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Robin[/name]

Woopsies. Repeat and I can’t delete. Sorry!

Oh! I think [name]Jillian[/name] [name]Mora[/name] is just gorgeous!

[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Mariel[/name] [name]Fern[/name]

My sis is [name]Gillian[/name] [name]Lucille[/name].

I love the [name]Jillian[/name], it’s a great choice :slight_smile:

Of your options, I really like [name]Jillian[/name] [name]May[/name]. I think it’s pretty and classic sounding.

Other ideas:
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Lark[/name] - but maybe too much “L”?
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Olive[/name] - again, maybe too much “L”
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Sky[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Aster[/name] - I think this is my favorite
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I love previous suggestions of [name]Jillian[/name] [name]Aster[/name], [name]Jillian[/name] [name]Primrose[/name] and [name]Jillian[/name] [name]Wren[/name]. [name]Brooke[/name] flows with [name]Jillian[/name] but it feels little dated to me. My favorites from your list (in this order) are [name]Jillian[/name] [name]May[/name], [name]Jillian[/name] [name]Zera[/name] and [name]Jillian[/name] [name]Mora[/name]. I love [name]Juniper[/name] and love the alliteration but both are three syllables and the flow feels awkward to me…

What about (sorry for repeats!)

[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Luna[/name] (Italian for moon)
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Pansy[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Fern[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Star[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Bay[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Juno[/name] (variant of [name]June[/name])
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Alouette[/name] (French for lark)
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Petal[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Iris[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Marigold[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Azure[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Skye[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Sunny[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Soleil[/name] (French for sun)
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Olive[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Oooh, I like [name]Jillian[/name] [name]Sage[/name] from your list. I love [name]Jillian[/name] too, it’s on our short list!

Thanks for all the suggestions. I like:
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Bay[/name] - but I know DH will say NO!
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Wren[/name]- is cool because DH loves birds but I think all three names ending in “N” is a little akward sounding.
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Daphne[/name] - DH just planted some daphne in our yard.
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Skye[/name] - cool!

I am glad to hear people like [name]Mora[/name] and [name]Zera[/name]. I really like them but thought they might be a little out there.

Of your ideas here are my opinions
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Brooke[/name]/[name]Brook[/name] - I like w/out the e better, more naturey. And I like the sound of [name]Jillian[/name] [name]Brook[/name] Hoffman
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] - Yes, maybe too matchy”
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Mora[/name] - I like [name]Jillian[/name] [name]Maura[/name] better. [name]Just[/name] spelling though and then you loose the naturey meaning.
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]May[/name] - It would be better if she wasn’t born in may in my opinion. I like the others better.
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Zera[/name] - Cute! Is it Z-air-uh or zira?
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Sage[/name] - Prohably my fave!
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Diana[/name] - The names don’t mesh well I think.
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Mika[/name]/[name]Mica[/name]- Same. The K sound is a bit odd with [name]Jillian[/name].
None of them would be bad options! Here’s one or two more ideas from me:
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. [name]Rose[/name] goes with almost everything!
Or maybe [name]Jillian[/name] [name]Willow[/name]. [name]Kinda[/name] matchy with all the ll’s though.
Congrats! Good luck picking a name!

Another option for a non-nature name is [name]Mariel[/name] which is a combo of DH’s grandmother [name]Marie[/name] and my grandmother [name]Eldora[/name] “[name]El[/name]”.

[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Mariel[/name]/[name]Marielle[/name][/quote]

My daughters first name is [name]Marielle[/name]… I constantly get more compliments on how beautiful and unique name it is!

I love the Idea of using Family names… I wanted to do something like that for her middle name… So her middle name is [name]Venice[/name], (yup, like [name]Italy[/name]). It is a combination of both of my grandmothers names ([name]Venetta[/name] and [name]Bernice[/name])…

Good luck with your little princess

I agree, [name]Marielle[/name] is a very pretty name. I was so happy when I realized such a pretty name was a perfect combo of our two grandmothers’ names! I am going back and forth with using [name]Marielle[/name] or a cool nature name. [name]Marielle[/name] does not have the best flow, but it has more meaning. I just need to decide what is more important. We also like the name [name]Brooke[/name] (DH more than me, but I still like it), so [name]Brooke[/name] [name]Marielle[/name] is the back-up name in case we decide not to or can’t use [name]Jillian[/name] at the last minute.

[name]Venice[/name] as a combo of [name]Venetta[/name] and [name]Bernice[/name] is brillant! A perfect blend of two names that makes a reall name too! Makes for a perfect middle name.

i like [name]Jillian[/name] [name]Brooke[/name]

I love [name]Jillian[/name] and it sounds great paired with [name]Marielle[/name]. Some of the suggestions I really like are [name]Paloma[/name] and [name]Tansy[/name]. Here are some more middle name ideas.
[name]Avis[/name]- latin, bird
[name]Astra[/name]- latin, of the stars
[name]Camelia[/name] - flower name
[name]Leilani[/name]- heavenly flower
[name]Estella[/name]- latin, star
[name]Danica[/name]- norse, morning star
[name]Thea[/name]- goddess of light and mother of the sun, moon and dawn
[name]Sable[/name]
[name]Fauna[/name]
[name]Posy[/name]
[name]Acacia[/name]
[name]Verbena[/name]