Joanna?

I posted a few months ago about trying to find some names that indirectly honored both my and my partner’s moms, who have both passed on. (We are not expecting, yet. I’ve just become kind of obsessed with this task.) I got some great ideas and did some more digging on my own to try to come up with as many as I can so that my list can withstand some heavy vetoing from my partner. I do have a pretty decent list now, but there is one that’s been stuck in my head for a while now, and that’s [name_f]Joanna[/name_f].

I originally came up with [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] as a way to honor both of our moms in one name. [name_f]My[/name_f] mom’s middle name is [name_u]Jean[/name_u], and his mom’s is [name_f]Jane[/name_f]. I found that they are both related to [name_u]Joan[/name_u], which is, in turn, related to [name_f]Joanna[/name_f]. Now, [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] is not really a name I would have ever imagined using before. It just wasn’t on my radar and not really the style I thought I’d go with, but the more I think about it, the more I like it. I am a little worried it might be dated enough to sound odd on a child these days, but it doesn’t seem totally out of style.

What do you all think?

My favorite combo at the moment is [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] [name_f]Brynn[/name_f].

1 Like

I actually really like [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] & am ready to see her make a comeback! [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] [name_f]Brynn[/name_f] is very cute :yellow_heart:

2 Likes

I know a lot of [name_f]Joana[/name_f]’s! It’s actually a popular girl name in my culture of girls my age (think tweens and teens) It’ll be refreshing to see it on a baby girl! I love combo [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] [name_f]Brynn[/name_f]! It’s feminine and refreshing to see!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] because of [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] [name_m]Gaines[/name_m]!

I have long loved the name [name_f]Joanna[/name_f], though my preferred spelling is [name_f]Johanna[/name_f]. And I love it with [name_f]Brynn[/name_f]. This is a great way to honour a [name_u]Jean[/name_u] and a [name_f]Jane[/name_f]. To me it is a fairly timeless name, feminine, strong, lovely nn possibilities.

Joanna [name_f]Brynn[/name_f] feels well balanced and funky

Joanna [name_f]Brynn[/name_f] is a great combo. I would love to meet a little [name_f]Joanna[/name_f].

I think [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] [name_f]Brynn[/name_f] is great and a fabulous choice to honour your family.

I mean I’m biased as this is my name. I’ve always enjoyed being a [name_f]Joanna[/name_f]. But then yes it may be slightly dated to use now, but I still think it could work. [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is on the rise and names ending in a are popular.

I’ve always loved the name [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] and I think using [name_f]Brynn[/name_f] as a middle makes for a more modern sounding name. I think it’s gorgeous!

I love it, as it’s on my list (also an honor for me, my grandmother’s legal name is [name_f]Johanna[/name_f] but she’s always gone by the anglicized [name_f]Joann[/name_f] or [name_u]Jo[/name_u]). I think [name_u]Jo[/name_u] or [name_u]Josie[/name_u] make fun nicknames for [name_f]Joanna[/name_f], but it’s a beautiful name in general. [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] [name_f]Brynn[/name_f] is very cute!

Joanna is a very pretty a name and a lovely way to honor your mothers. [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] [name_f]Brynn[/name_f] is a very sweet combo.

Joanna isn’t too dated at all! It’s a pretty name with a good history. [name_u]Jo[/name_u] has become a more popular nickname these days with the rise of JoJo Siwa and all the little Josephines running around.

I like [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] but my first though is how to pronounce [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] because [name_m]Joe[/name_m] anna and the not as common in the US is the [name_f]Yo[/name_f] anna also like [name_f]Johanna[/name_f]. I like like the timeless classic feel of [name_f]Joanna[/name_f].

Joanna [name_f]Brynn[/name_f] is a gorgeous name! Sweet and interesting!
[name_f]Joana[/name_f] is very, very popular where I live. When I was younger, I wished my name was [name_f]Joana[/name_f]! :blush: And I would definitely consider it for my future child if it wasn’t so popular.
I think [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] is a lovely name. If you love it, please use it!