Joaquin for a boy?

[name]How[/name] does this name sound to you?

[name]Joaquin[/name] [name]Channing[/name] [name]Woolf[/name]

[name]Do[/name] you think pronunciation could be an issue?

Other names / combos I like are:
[name]Nolan[/name]
[name]Garrison[/name]
[name]Callan[/name]
[name]Graham[/name]
[name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Conan[/name]
[name]Holden[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Fielding[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]

What do you think? Any other suggestions?

I think the pronunciation of [name]Joaquin[/name] would probably be an issue with some people, but once you explain it there shouldn’t be a problem and lots of names have pronunciation problems these days! I wouldn’t let it stop you from using it if you love it :slight_smile:

I like it, but it’s not my fav. I really love [name]Daniel[/name], [name]Milo[/name], [name]Benjamin[/name], [name]Holden[/name], [name]Conrad[/name] and [name]Everett[/name] - I think they sound masculine and regal.

My top combos, using the names in your post would be:

[name]Holden[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Milo[/name]
[name]Holden[/name] [name]Graham[/name] [name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Everett[/name] [name]Holden[/name] [name]Wolf[/name]
[name]Milo[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Holden[/name] [name]Everett[/name]

[name]Holden[/name]'s my absolute fav though :slight_smile:

Best of luck!

I haven’t heard that before, I like it a lot! Whole name looks beautiful. The only thing that would put me off is the inevitable nickname ‘[name]Jo[/name]’, but that’s a personal thing I think :lol:
Fantastic name, best of luck!

So, I love [name]Joaquin[/name] a lot. However, I think that most people will call him by first and last name “[name]Joaquin[/name] [name]Woolf[/name].” I pronounce [name]Joaquin[/name] similar to “Wah-keen,” so I don’t like the “Wah Wo” sound starting each name. It seems repetitive to my ear. Does that make sense?

Thanks for the feedback guys. I don’t know why, but every name I pick out seems to have some “issue” with the last name! It’s really driving me nuts! For example

Girls’ names I liked:
[name]Heidi[/name] [name]Woolf[/name] (sounds like Hidey [name]Wolf[/name] - or sneaky wolf, or scary wolf :frowning:
[name]Quinn[/name] [name]Woolf[/name] (Again, [name]LOVE[/name] this name, but the “w” sound in QWinn sounds abrupt and harsh for some reason with [name]Woolf[/name])_
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Woolf[/name] (any name with TH at the end with [name]Woolf[/name]- sounds horrible)
[name]Maeve[/name] [name]Woolf[/name] ( any name with a v at the end sounds like another tongue twister… [name]Maeve[/name] [name]Woolf[/name]?)
[name]Grier[/name] [name]Woolf[/name] (sounds like a fairy tale character. “The [name]Legend[/name] of [name]GRIER[/name] [name]WOOLF[/name]”…great.)

Boys:
[name]Walker[/name] [name]Woolf[/name] (double w again.)
[name]Waylon[/name] [name]Woolf[/name] (ditto)
[name]Jude[/name] [name]Woolf[/name] (sounds incomplete and looks strange.)
[name]Brooks[/name] [name]Woolf[/name] (nope)
[name]Joel[/name] [name]Woolf[/name] (another tongue twister!)

…Now I find the “perfect” name : [name]Joaquin[/name]. I [name]LOVE[/name] how it looks AND sounds, but somehow overlooked the fact that it’s another “w” sound!!@!@ no!!!

I need help. Why do all my names have to clash with my last name??? :cry:

I hear you. I have a super long last name that is kind of tongue-twister-y for people and I’ve had a hard time thinking about what will work with it!

Honestly, I like a lot of the other choices you mentioned in your first post, especially:

[name]Nolan[/name] [name]Woolf[/name]
[name]Daniel[/name] [name]Woolf[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Woolf[/name]
[name]Holden[/name] [name]Woolf[/name] (that sounds especially cool to me)

What about

[name]Tobin[/name] [name]Woolf[/name]
[name]Ethan[/name] [name]Woolf[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name] [name]Woolf[/name]
[name]Nicholas[/name] [name]Woolf[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Woolf[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Woolf[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name] [name]Woolf[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Woolf[/name]

For girls, what about some of these:

[name]Lilah[/name] [name]Woolf[/name]
[name]Lorelei[/name] [name]Woolf[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Woolf[/name]
[name]Hannah[/name] [name]Woolf[/name]
[name]Clara[/name] [name]Woolf[/name]
[name]Camilla[/name] [name]Woolf[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Woolf[/name]

OllieB- Thanks for the suggestions! Now that you mention [name]Holden[/name] [name]Woolf[/name] doesn’t sound so bad! I also like [name]Thomas[/name] but my husband vetoed it immediately. I like [name]Benjamin[/name] alot too. I LOVEEEE [name]Asher[/name], but my name is [name]Ashley[/name], so I feel it’s too close… For girls, I like [name]Camilla[/name]!

You gave me some to think about… Thank you!

My thoughts on the others…

[name]Tobin[/name] [name]Woolf[/name] - that’s interesting, never thought of it, but not sure how to pronounce it…
[name]Ethan[/name] [name]Woolf[/name] - cute but wayyy trendy and overused in my area.
[name]Thomas[/name] [name]Woolf[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Thomas[/name], but husband vetoed due to the “[name]Tom[/name]” nn
[name]Nicholas[/name] [name]Woolf[/name] - Also a little popular for my taste, reminds me of “[name]Saint[/name] [name]Nick[/name]”
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Woolf[/name] - I like this one
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Woolf[/name]- [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Asher[/name], but my name is [name]Ashley[/name], so is that too close??? I’m weird I want the child to have an original name…
[name]Vincent[/name] [name]Woolf[/name] - not a fan.
[name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Woolf[/name] - I like it, husband hates it.

[name]Lilah[/name] [name]Woolf[/name] - adorable, love it. BUT we have a neighbor with that name.
[name]Lorelei[/name] [name]Woolf[/name] - I’m not sure what it is about this name that I can’t fall in love with. It looks gorgeous and unique.
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Woolf[/name] - I don’t like this one so much…
[name]Hannah[/name] [name]Woolf[/name] - too popular…
[name]Clara[/name] [name]Woolf[/name] - too simple…
[name]Camilla[/name] [name]Woolf[/name] - [name]Love[/name] it, but husband has a second cousin with a daughter by this name…
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Woolf[/name] - [name]Love[/name] it, but is it too short??

The name I thought about recently was:
[name]Holden[/name] [name]Garrison[/name] [name]Woolf[/name]

[name]How[/name] does it sound? Better than [name]Joaquin[/name] [name]Woolf[/name]? I still can’t get over that name and may just have to use it anyway, but I don’t want them to have a hard time saying it, or have a tongue twister with his Last name. sigh…
I also like [name]Milo[/name] [name]Holden[/name] or [name]Milo[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] alot, but husband hates [name]Milo[/name] so…

there are many boys names that end in ‘n’ and they would easily suit [name]Wolf[/name] and any girls name ending in an ‘a’ should be okay too.

Eg daughater [name]Cassandra[/name] [name]Wolf[/name] nn [name]Cassie[/name]
son [name]Bevan[/name] [name]Wolf[/name]
or
[name]Montgomery[/name] [name]Wolf[/name] nn [name]Monty[/name]
[name]Kevin[/name] [name]Wolf[/name]