Joel David or Jack David?

Which one do you think sounds better, if any? [name]Both[/name] of these names honor my parents (dad is [name]David[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name], mom is [name]Kelly[/name] [name]Jo[/name], but my mom said she thinks it’s “weird” for me to honor her, so I tried doing it in a subtle way), but I want to make sure they flow well.

I’ve liked [name]Joel[/name] [name]David[/name] for quite some time now, but it feels much too Biblical to me. I prefer not using any Biblical names, but I love my dad’s name, and having two is just overkill. I love the name [name]Jack[/name], but I feel like the flow is kind of off.
Any suggestions? I’d like to clarify that I’m not expecting, just collecting :slight_smile: Thanks in advance.

I honestly really like both! [name]Jack[/name] is really popular, but if that doesn’t bother you I think I would go with [name]Jack[/name] [name]David[/name].

I think [name]Joel[/name] [name]David[/name] has a better flow and I love [name]Joel[/name]. [name]Jack[/name] is nice but [name]Jack[/name] [name]David[/name] just seems…abrupt.

• [name]Charlie[/name]

[name]Joel[/name] [name]David[/name].

As a [name]Brit[/name], I’m afraid [name]Jack[/name] leaves me yawning now, as it has been the top name for 14 years. It bores me now when I hear it.

[name]Joel[/name] sounds fresher to my ears.

I agree, [name]Joel[/name] is a lot more fresh than [name]Jack[/name]. I also like [name]Joelle[/name] as a girls name too.

[name]Jack[/name] by a million!

I think [name]Jack[/name] is such a strong, handsome name. [name]Joel[/name] is much softer in my opinion.

Definitely [name]Joel[/name]! Would you consider using two middle names?
I think [name]Joel[/name] [name]David[/name] sounds just fine, and I don’t know what your last name is, but for some reason, I can’t help but be tempted to stick another name in the middle:

[name]Joel[/name] [name]Isaac[/name] [name]David[/name]
[name]Joel[/name] [name]Frederick[/name] [name]David[/name]
[name]Joel[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] [name]David[/name]
[name]Joel[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] [name]David[/name]
[name]Joel[/name] [name]Quentin[/name] [name]David[/name]

(though [name]Isaac[/name] is biblical as well, so that might not help much if you’re looking to make the name sound less like you purposely selected names from the bible; I just thought it had a nice flow. The other added middles, though, might help the name feel more secular, so to speak.)

I like both of them…can’t say which one I prefer, sorry…

I like [name]Joel[/name] best. [name]Jack[/name] still seems a little too nickname-y. [name]Joel[/name] [name]David[/name] is great.

I love [name]Joel[/name] [name]David[/name]! Like you said, the flow is much better, and I think [name]Joel[/name] is more distinctive than [name]Jack[/name]. [name]Jack[/name] [name]David[/name] just sounds off and [name]Jack[/name] is so popular, I’m very sick of it!

I’ve never been a [name]Joel[/name] fan, so I’ll go with [name]Jack[/name] [name]David[/name]. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

I’ve always been a [name]Joel[/name] fan and never been a [name]Jack[/name] fan so… I think [name]Joel[/name] [name]David[/name] sounds great.

[name]Joel[/name] [name]David[/name] is nice… but i [name]ADORE[/name] the name [name]Jack[/name].
I don’t know if i’d go with [name]Jack[/name] [name]David[/name] on it’s own… the flow seems a bit off… what about something like [name]Jackson[/name] [name]David[/name] nn [name]Jack[/name]?
i think that would be an amazing name…
even so… of your two choices, i’m going to have to go with [name]Jack[/name] [name]David[/name]… [name]Jack[/name] is a wonderfully masculine name…

I really like [name]Jackson[/name] [name]David[/name]. It flows really nicely, and of course I adore the nickname [name]Jack[/name]. My only concern is that, no offense to anyone, it sounds a little too country to me. But it has grown me after repeating it to myself a bit.
Thanks for your suggestion, and thanks everyone for your feedback :slight_smile:

I really like [name]Jackson[/name] [name]David[/name]. It flows really nicely, and of course I adore the nickname [name]Jack[/name]. My only concern is that, no offense to anyone, it sounds a little too country to me. But it has grown me after repeating it to myself a bit.
Thanks for your suggestion, and thanks everyone for your feedback :)[/quote]

aww. you’re welcome. [name]Jackson[/name] has been on my list of favorites for a long time. i don’t think it sounds too country…
but then again… i’m country… so maybe i’m biased…
anyway… it is a lovely name… and [name]Jack[/name] is so handsome and masculine. it’s just that [name]Jack[/name] [name]David[/name] seems a bit incomplete…
[name]Jackson[/name] [name]David[/name] though… perfect!! lol!
anyway… just my thoughts…
good luck!!

What about [name]Joel[/name] [name]Dexter[/name]? Or [name]Jack[/name] [name]Davis[/name]?
Those two popped into my head and I thought I’d throw them out there to see what you all thought :slight_smile: