Johanna

wanted ur thoughts on this name berries! :).

Thanks!

I adore [name]Johanna[/name]. I agree, very classic. Its popularity has been basically stable at low but not super low since the records start in 1880. That is a good place to be. I love sisters [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Johanna[/name], and I love [name]Iris[/name], both as a middle name and as the floral tie in. Great!

Fantastic! Thanks jesba! So glad u like this name plus how it sounds with violet. I agree, it has been holding low “ish” and steady in the popularity levels. Which is great :). I wasn’t sure if it was a berry type name. But overall I think it is

I love [name]Johanna[/name]! I go back and forth on which I like better [name]Johanna[/name] or [name]Joanna[/name], I can never decide.

I love [name]Johanna[/name] although I am not a big fan of any of the nicknames. I think it is classic and underused. I like it much better than [name]Joanna[/name].

[name]Love[/name] love [name]Johanna[/name]. [name]One[/name] of my favorites!

[name]Johanna[/name] [name]Iris[/name] is stunning! [name]Love[/name] it :slight_smile:

[name]Johanna[/name] [name]Iris[/name] is so pretty! I adore [name]Johanna[/name] but somehow it never ends up sticking to my list… I’m not sure why. I do think the nn [name]Jo[/name]/[name]Jojo[/name]/[name]Joey[/name] (maybe even [name]Josie[/name] with the full name [name]Johanna[/name] [name]Iris[/name]) is really cute… I also really love just [name]Hannah[/name] as a nn, although I think most would assume she was just [name]Hannah[/name], not [name]Johanna[/name] nn [name]Hannah[/name]. Then again, my love of [name]Hannah[/name] and [name]Giovanna[/name] are probably what is keeping me from [name]Johanna[/name] itself, haha.

It’s a lovely name! I would love to see you use it next to [name]Robby[/name] and [name]Violet[/name]. All your options are lovely, though… :slight_smile:

Thank you for the awesome feedback so far! I am sooo relieved to see positive feedback. I never hear this name on here so I was a bit worried I have to admit! Haha. Fantastic news :slight_smile:

So I love [name]Johanna[/name] nn [name]Josie[/name] but my [name]SIL[/name] is [name]Josephine[/name] nn [name]Jo[/name] and [name]Josie[/name]. Still think I can do it? I only ever call her by her full name. Occasionally [name]Jo[/name]. She wants to be aunt [name]Jo[/name] to our kids. We only see eachother a few times a year and aren’t close. My dh talks to her a lot and is close with her but he’s fine with it. Either way, nn [name]Jo[/name] works. Right?

But yeah, love iris in the mn spot!! Great connection with big Sis. And love love love the full name :slight_smile:

It has been off and on my favorite list, but if I have boys the first one will almost definitely be [name]Joseph[/name], so that kind of rules out [name]Johanna[/name] : D. I have suggested it here and there. [name]Glad[/name] you are so happy with it - it is great : D.

oh I hear you, I have a similar situation. [name]One[/name] of my favorite boy names is [name]Jonah[/name], but I still think I would use [name]Johanna[/name] if I had another little girl. I’m sure I can find another boy name that I love. :slight_smile:

Bumping this up. Loving this name! :slight_smile:

[name]Johanna[/name] [name]Iris[/name] is so beautiful! I wish I had thought of this name when expecting my daughter - it would honor Josephs and Annas in my family. Anyway! I have heard [name]Johanna[/name] pronounced as [name]Jo[/name]-HANN-uh, or as [name]Jo[/name]-[name]ANN[/name]-uh. Either way, it is a beautiful, timeless classic, in my opinion.

I was just checking out how this name would look on something monogrammed–I have adored this name for a girl for quite some time now. I love the combo of [name]Johanna[/name] [name]Iris[/name]–beautiful!!!

i like your pronunciation…it’s great…I’m not a fan of jo-han-ah i think it sounds farty…but that’s just be…jo-hah-nah is awesome though especially with [name]Iris[/name] as the mn

lovely feedback!

It’s a beautiful name. I always thought it sounded the same as [name]Joanna[/name] when I was growing up in [name]California[/name] (all the Johannas I knew were sounding the same as [name]Joanna[/name]) but when I moved to the midwest, I started meeting Johannas with your pronounciation. It’s makes sense as a feminine form of [name]Johan[/name] that it would sound more like [name]Johan[/name] than [name]Joanna[/name].

Anyways, I love it :slight_smile:

Very classic and very pretty. And a wonderful selection of nn’s! I love it! Nice sibset!!

[name]Johanna[/name] [name]Iris[/name] is very pretty, easy to say, and not heavy! Goes very well with [name]Robert[/name] and [name]Violet[/name]. All in all I say a great choice mom!

I love it! [name]One[/name] question: are you going to be pronouncing it with the h?